+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA 2 months before experience anniversary

Aug 29, 2020
Hello ,

i have applied for EE and entered dated accurately which is MM / YY , i received ITA 2 months before 2nd anniversary of work experience ,
i am working under same employer , should i accept ITA and submit docs after 2 years experience or do i have to decline ITA ?

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
You can accept it and submit documents after the 2 year anniversary IF you meet the MINIMUM Entry criteria for your program (ex. 1 year of canadian experience for CEC)

waverlypl

Jul 30, 2020
Hello ,

i have applied for EE and entered dated accurately which is MM / YY , i received ITA 2 months before 2nd anniversary of work experience ,
i am working under same employer , should i accept ITA and submit docs after 2 years experience or do i have to decline ITA ?
As far as I know, all the information you declare must be satisfied when you receive ITA.

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
you don't have to decline your ITA. just go and get your documents and you can submit your profile as soon as you have everything ready. IRCC has taken into account situations where you don't have exactly, but are close to having the required number of years of experience that correlate with the points on your profile.

Or else, they wouldve changed the system such that you're required to input the exact date you started or ended in your various positions. No, they only asked you for the months, and so you don't have to worry about that.

Aug 29, 2020
You can accept it and submit documents after the 2 year anniversary IF you meet the MINIMUM Entry criteria for your program (ex. 1 year of canadian experience for CEC)
Yes my MEC is met for CEC as i am in 2 months short from second anniversary of experience.