+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Invitation on Job bank

Asad Bashir

Jan 30, 2023
Hi,

I hope everyone is Ok. I wanted some guidance regarding invitation on my job bank profile. So, the story is that 3 days ago I was just checking in my profile for any match and I found a job on the search with 84% matching. So, I applied for the job through their provided email. I couldn't apply directly because I don't have SIN number.
2 days later (yesterday), I received invitation from same employer for the same job post.

So, my confusion is that why they sent me invite now when I already gave them my details. Do they want me to apply directly through job bank because I can't do that as I don't have SIN number. I emailed them again and explained all this situation and now I'm waiting for their reply.
Does anyone have any opinion on this ? Can anyone, who has already gone through this situation, guide me what to do ?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi,

I hope everyone is Ok. I wanted some guidance regarding invitation on my job bank profile. So, the story is that 3 days ago I was just checking in my profile for any match and I found a job on the search with 84% matching. So, I applied for the job through their provided email. I couldn't apply directly because I don't have SIN number.
2 days later (yesterday), I received invitation from same employer for the same job post.

So, my confusion is that why they sent me invite now when I already gave them my details. Do they want me to apply directly through job bank because I can't do that as I don't have SIN number. I emailed them again and explained all this situation and now I'm waiting for their reply.
Does anyone have any opinion on this ? Can anyone, who has already gone through this situation, guide me what to do ?
As far as you would be aware about lots of scam that goes on in the name of immigration. So be careful, research about job, google the bussiness, approach them directly when you get further instructions and verifying if they had actually sent it. Most of the Canadian employers don't take this headache of hiring foreign immigrant but if you got a genuine one you are lucky.

Asad Bashir

Jan 30, 2023
Regarding business, the company seems legit because it's Microsoft partner company. Regarding what you said about "verifying if they had actually sent it" all I can say is that in Job bank the post says that it is verified by Job Bank and was posted directly by employer.

So, should I wait for their response on my recent email ? Because I already applied for the job few days ago.

Is there anything else I should do ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

They have an automated process that looks for applicants who are matches to job postings and invite them to apply. They contacted you a second time since you couldn't apply directly since you don't have a SIN. None of us can tell you if they will consider you as a candidate since you cannot legally work in Canada. You'll have to wait and see.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Regarding business, the company seems legit because it's Microsoft partner company. Regarding what you said about "verifying if they had actually sent it" all I can say is that in Job bank the post says that it is verified by Job Bank and was posted directly by employer.

So, should I wait for their response on my recent email ? Because I already applied for the job few days ago.

Is there anything else I should do ?
As I said try to contact directly the bussiness. Lots of IT companies are in process of laying off these days, so you have to be careful. People have be drained out of their life savings in scams with legit sites. You never know, in Canada these days tax scams are going on which is baffling officials as well as it is so impressive and looks very legit with no mistakes.