+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

received invitation but numbers don't add up.

HassanM101

Feb 5, 2020
Hello All,

I have just created my profile since I've just received an express entry invitation. Completely unexpected since my score was, and (at least I believe) is supposed to be 450.
I am surprised to find that my points are now 475, with the change being: Skill Transferability factor - Work experience changing from 25 to 50.

I only have two years of completed work experience (will be 3 in june), which added to my IELTS score provide me 25 transferability points (50 points in june).

Did I mess something up? I don't want to accept the invitation and then realize that I made a mistake.
What am I missing?

HassanM101

Feb 5, 2020
Thank you for your response. I always did my calculations using the link you sent. Also, when I applied around october, my score was 450.
Browsing through my profile, I see within the work history:
current job: from 2018-06 to: Present
previous job: from: 2014-06 to: 2015-08

I did not receive any invitation in the previous draw even though the draw score was 475, so this probably means my points increased in february.
The only thing about february in my profile is: "Date I first became qualified to practice in this occupation": February 2015 (date of obtaining my bachelor degree).

I did this because as per the website:
If the "primary occupation" is:
  • a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
  • any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)

Mine falls within the "any other job".

Thanks again!