VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
preethy jomon said:
Received fairness letter from CIC and to reply within 60 days
My child need speech therapy for one year,the cost for it to be spend by myself.So i have to show my bank account statement.How can i find out the cost of speech therapy for one year in Canada,anybody please sent the link to find it.
A fairness letter means that they have determined your child will cost the Canadian healthcare system too much. Saying that you will pay the costs and showing your bank statement means nothing to IRCC; as I stated a few posts previously, such promises are not legally enforceable.

Reactions: preethy jomon

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
preethy jomon said:
My child need speech therapy for one year,the cost for it to be spend by myself.So i have to show my bank account statement.How can i find out the cost of speech therapy for one year in Canada,anybody please sent the link to find it.
There are two types of excessive demand related issues. One is an excessive demand on health services and excessive demand on social services. And both are treated very differently. Let me focus on yours (excessive demand on social services).

The SCC (Supreme Court of Canada) rendered its decision in Hilewitz v. Canada (M.C.I.) and De Jong v. Canada (M.C.I.) on Friday, October 21st 2005, and stated that 'the applicants’ ability and willingness to pay for social services and to make a commitment not to use publicly funded social services must be considered, when assessing whether they and their families are admissible to Canada as immigrants'. That is an excessive demand on social services. Kindly refer to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/admiss/fairness.asp

Do some more research and I am sure you will be able to find something. If you have the money and can demonstrate that most of the cost will be borne by you, then you would qualify.

You can also engage the services of an experienced lawyer to help with it. And do not hesitate to ask for an extension if you need one. They are inclined by policy to give you an extension.

Let us know if you have more questions. And keep us posted.

All the best.

Russ.

rishikappor

May 22, 2015
Hi Addi,. I believe I am in the same boat as you where in past. I have a 3 year old with mild.ASD and have applied for our express entry ..Medicals done and application submitted. I am in Canada since 2012 with a break of 6 months.

Can you guide me with your experience on what to expect and metigate .

Thanks,
R

addis said:
Dear Computergeek,

Thanks for your response. I have called the CIC helpline and they have put a note in the file. The agent could not understand why our furtherance had been sent to Delhi, when there is no one there. We have been in Canada since Fall 2012. I have emailed CPC Ottawa requesting them for the status and clearly mentioning that I have not received any correspondence from them on medical furtherance.

Quick question: I am applying for various jobs within and outside Canada. How will moving out of Canada impact my PR application? I am not sure if this is a good option.

thanks and regards,

addis

rishikappor

May 22, 2015
Looks like Addi is no more active .. can anyone (russell/ computergeek / cancus) help me with the query :

I have a 3 year old with mild.ASD and have applied for our express entry ..Medicals done and application submitted. I am in Canada since 2012 with a break of 6 months and applied under CEC category.

Can you guide me with your experience on what to expect and metigate .

Thanks,
R

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 Additional Med Done: 01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Let's try again some other time
preethy jomon said:
I think this is not only about the money, my friend.
if you have the money, i would suggest you to find an immigration lawyer to help you. They surely have more resources to reply that letter.
in my case, i got rejected even i have provided bank statements, details education plan, insurance plan, etc, and i don't want to pursue any further because it will costs quite a lot of money to do so.
anyway, google will always be your best friend :)
search: speech therapy in (province or city you would like to immigrate to)
best of luck

Reactions: preethy jomon

NewPlan2014

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th September 2015 at CIO
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
Med's Request
10th March 2015
Med's Done....
17th March 2015
Hi Waiwera,
Very sorry to know that you got rejection . May be God have better somethings for you .,
When did you send your reply of your FL and how much time it took to get result . Also another question
How much Money did you showed with your reply ?

preethy jomon

Nov 20, 2015
KERALA
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Med's Request
03-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
waiwera said:
if you have the money, i would suggest you to find an immigration lawyer to help you. They surely have more resources to reply that letter.
in my case, i got rejected even i have provided bank statements, details education plan, insurance plan, etc, and i don't want to pursue any further because it will costs quite a lot of money to do so.
best

I have submitted additional documents which include ,1, My signed declaration of Ability and lntent.
2. My reasonable and workable plan on my son's treatment and its cost.
3, Assessment reports and recommendation from Clinical psychologists and Speech Therapist (which shows current medical condition identified and social services required in Canada)
4. Copy of Speech Therapy costs taken from the website two speech therapy clinics in Montrial, Canada.
5,my bank statement
How long it will take to get response from vo after submission.Due to this we are not able to take any further plan in our life.

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
NewPlan2014 said:
Hi Waiwera,
Very sorry to know that you got rejection . May be God have better somethings for you .,
When did you send your reply of your FL and how much time it took to get result . Also another question
How much Money did you showed with your reply ?
Really appreciate your kind concern, NewPlan2014 ;D
you're right, something better is coming up for me ;D
I sent my reply 30 days after i received the FL back in Nov 2016 and received reply about 2 weeks later. it was way faster than i expected though, but at least it didn't have to keep me waiting for too long.
in the FL, they mentioned that my child might costs about $6k per year, and i showed them more than enough for 10 years of that costs as i wouldn't mind to bear the cost without being a burden for the government. nonetheless, it didn't help much ;D
best of luck ;D

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
preethy jomon said:
waiwera said:
best

I have submitted additional documents which include ,1, My signed declaration of Ability and lntent.
2. My reasonable and workable plan on my son's treatment and its cost.
3, Assessment reports and recommendation from Clinical psychologists and Speech Therapist (which shows current medical condition identified and social services required in Canada) -- This should be helpful
4. Copy of Speech Therapy costs taken from the website two speech therapy clinics in Montrial, Canada.
5,my bank statement
How long it will take to get response from vo after submission.Due to this we are not able to take any further plan in our life.
usually the response won't take long, should be about a month, unless your case is very special.
if i may suggest, do not make your plan to canada has to stop your other plans in life. instead, make it just as one of your plan but not your one and only plan.
don't forget to pray, my friend.
good luck ;D

NewPlan2014

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
Med's Request
10th March 2015
Med's Done....
17th March 2015
Hi
Thanks for your all the information.
Could you provide something about the rejection letter for our understanding

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
NewPlan2014 said:
Hi
Thanks for your all the information.
Could you provide something about the rejection letter for our understanding
Here is a glimpse of what the letter looks like:

Dear ***,
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
I have completed the assessment of your application for a permanent residence. Unfortunately I
have determined that you do not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Act due to your family member ***’s health concerns.
Subsection 38(1)(c) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national
is inadmissible on health grounds if their health condition might reasonably be expected to cause
excessive demand on health or social services. Section 20 of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations states that an officer shall determine that a foreign national is inadmissible
on health grounds if an assessment of their health condition has been made by an officer who is
responsible for the application of sections 29 to 34 and the officer concluded that the foreign
national’s health condition is likely to be a danger to public health or public safety or might
reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand.
Under the Act, I must assess whether a person, or the family member of a person, is likely to be
a danger to public health, or likely to be a danger to public safety, or might reasonably be expected
to cause excessive demand on health or social services
We regret to inform you that your application for permanent resident visa has been refused
because of the illness Autism Spectrum Disorder afflicting your family member ***.
My letter of 25 August 2016 invited you to provide additional information or documents in response
to the preliminary assessment. Your materials were received on 3 October 2016 and were
carefully considered, but unfortunately did not change this assessment of your family member's
health condition.
Subsection 42(a) of the Act states that a foreign national, other than a protected person, is
inadmissible on grounds of an inadmissible family member if their accompanying family member
or, in prescribed circumstances, their non-accompanying family member is inadmissible. As your
accompanying family member *** is inadmissible to Canada, you are also
inadmissible to Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that the visa or document shall be issued if, following an
examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the
requirements of this Act. I am satisfied that you are inadmissible for the reasons set out above. I
am therefore refusing your application pursuant to subsection 11(1) of the Act.
Please note that this decision may also extend to any stay in Canada as a visitor for your family
member, ***. Your family member, ***, should therefore not attempt to
enter Canada without seeking advice from a Canadian visa office.
We sympathize with your situation, and while this decision may be disappointing to you, we must
adhere to the rules set out by the Act.
I have enclosed/attached the sections of the Act pertinent to your family member’s case to this
letter.
Should your family member *** health condition improve or your family member
***’s circumstances change such that the above factors are unlikely to continue to
apply, you may wish to consider reapplying for permanent residence.
You will receive a refund for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in immigrating to Canada.

each cases are handled differently, so please do not get discouraged.
Have faith and you will receive what you need.
cheers ;D

reeps_du

Aug 21, 2016
reeps_du said:
Computergreek please reply
Dear Members

Thanks you all for your earlier guidance to reply on my fairness letter (excessive demand as my daughter have developmental delay). As per your guidance i have responded to CIC on 30.11.2016. Now today I have received an email from CIC mentioning that they want to take an Interview on 30.05.2017. They also requested to carry all the original documents that i have submitted earlier in my primary application along with the passports.

But I am confused on the point that, they have not asked for any document about my daughter or she need not to be present on the interview date!!!!

I am a bit confused why they have call for interview? is it positive or we are on the way of rejection? Please suggest me how should i take my preparation for interview.

Looking forward to your response,

NewPlan2014

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
Med's Request
10th March 2015
Med's Done....
17th March 2015
I think
This is very much positive thing . If they reject you file than with out interview they could refuse you .
But you have to careful during your interview,
May they will ask and judgment how you will implement your plan including financial

Best of luck

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
reeps_du said:
Dear Members

Thanks you all for your earlier guidance to reply on my fairness letter (excessive demand as my daughter have developmental delay). As per your guidance i have responded to CIC on 30.11.2016. Now today I have received an email from CIC mentioning that they want to take an Interview on 30.05.2017. They also requested to carry all the original documents that i have submitted earlier in my primary application along with the passports.

But I am confused on the point that, they have not asked for any document about my daughter or she need not to be present on the interview date!!!!

I am a bit confused why they have call for interview? is it positive or we are on the way of rejection? Please suggest me how should i take my preparation for interview.

Congratulations on your interview.

In order to help members offer the best assistance/advice, we would need to know the content of the fairness letter you sent them.

That would guide our submission(s).

Russ

NewPlan2014

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
Med's Request
10th March 2015
Med's Done....
17th March 2015
reeps_du said:
Dear Members

Hi your inbox is full

Reactions: Apidot