+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Fairness Letter......Seeking guidance for reply

manizheh

Feb 27, 2015
Hi dear computergeek. ..
Thanks for your good advises...one of my friends has a problem and she has wanted me to consult with you...her situation is like me with the same case .. (kidney transplant . .we have meet each other in the hospital )..she also has answered to faireness letter about excessive demand. .but before getting her answer now she has received another faireness letter about security check of her husband. ..cic have mentioned that her response to faireness letter is under review and this letter is about her husband security inadmissibility. .due the company he is working..they gathered a lot of information explaining that his work is normal and in fact as far as I know there is not any security problem in his work...now..we are surprised whether they commenc security check before finishing medical and can they overcome to the 2 fairness letter for one file? ...thanks alot

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
manizheh said:
Hi dear computergeek. ..
Thanks for your good advises...one of my friends has a problem and she has wanted me to consult with you...her situation is like me with the same case .. (kidney transplant . .we have meet each other in the hospital )..she also has answered to faireness letter about excessive demand. .but before getting her answer now she has received another faireness letter about security check of her husband. ..cic have mentioned that her response to faireness letter is under review and this letter is about her husband security inadmissibility. .due the company he is working..they gathered a lot of information explaining that his work is normal and in fact as far as I know there is not any security problem in his work...now..we are surprised whether they commenc security check before finishing medical and can they overcome to the 2 fairness letter for one file? ...thanks alot
The two matters are independent. Medical and security/background checks are typically started at the same time. Both fairness letters must be overcome, either one would be the basis of a refusal.

manizheh

Feb 27, 2015
Dear computergeek
Thanks for your advices...i found this topic referred below in this forum...(canadavisa)...about security check..

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks

jen3014

Apr 1, 2014
computergeek said:
Congratulations!
Thanks again Computergeek - we received CoPR in the mail last week. Couldn't have done it without your advice on putting together mitigation plan.

NewPlan2014

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th September 2015 at CIO
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
Med's Request
10th March 2015
Med's Done....
17th March 2015
jen3014 said:
Thanks again Computergeek - we received CoPR in the mail last week. Couldn't have done it without your advice on putting together mitigation plan.
Congratulation

addis

Jan 18, 2015
Dear Computergeek

URGENT REQUEST!!!!

Our medicals were submitted on 13 Aug 2014. We have had no word since except a request for RPRF in Jan 2015.

My son is on the autism spectrum. I just noticed in GCMS notes that the email id I gave for my son is now defunct and not accessible.

I have received emails from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca at a different email id as principal applicant.

Is it possible that they may have sent a furtherance request in december 2014 to the defunct email id, which I have not received?

Please advise on the following part of the GCMS notes:

--------
Correspondence
Outgoing
Updated date: 2014/12/09
Document: Furtherance request - eMed
Type: PDF
Due date: 2015/04/08

Item requested: 0

Attachments: 1

-----

Please respond at your earliest. It is not clear if this correspondence is internal or to me??

Please also advise my there is a way to communicate with the visa officer to correct this situation? I have sent emails but got no response.

Would you suggest that I send additional documents supporting our case, before getting a fairness letter for medical inadmissibility?

Waiting for your response,

Addis

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
addis said:
Dear Computergeek

URGENT REQUEST!!!!

Our medicals were submitted on 13 Aug 2014. We have had no word since except a request for RPRF in Jan 2015.

My son is on the autism spectrum. I just noticed in GCMS notes that the email id I gave for my son is now defunct and not accessible.

I have received emails from CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca at a different email id as principal applicant.

Is it possible that they may have sent a furtherance request in december 2014 to the defunct email id, which I have not received?

Please advise on the following part of the GCMS notes:

--------
Correspondence
Outgoing
Updated date: 2014/12/09
Document: Furtherance request - eMed
Type: PDF
Due date: 2015/04/08

Item requested: 0

Attachments: 1

-----

Please respond at your earliest. It is not clear if this correspondence is internal or to me??

Please also advise my there is a way to communicate with the visa officer to correct this situation? I have sent emails but got no response.

Would you suggest that I send additional documents supporting our case, before getting a fairness letter for medical inadmissibility?

Waiting for your response,

Addis
Notice that the "Items Requested" count is 0, which means they didn't ask for anything. I've seen this before with people that haven't received a medical furtherance and expected one, so I suspect (but do not know for certain) that this is some sort of internal annotation. In any case, you (as primary applicant) should have received any medical furtherance. I've never seen nor heard of such a request being sent via e-mail, as normally it contains a sealed envelope that you are to deliver to the panel physician.

I would not suggest sending any additional documents. If you DO wish to send something, send a letter in writing noting that you observed a medical furtherance notation on your GCMS notes and that as of the date of the letter you have not received anything. Do that in writing, with some sort of return receipt (so you can prove they received it). That will protect against them claiming you were not responsive, but I wouldn't expect anything else to happen.

nitinbali60

Star Member
Jun 8, 2009
Hi Computergeek,

I have sponsored my parents to come to Canada back in 2010. Last month they had their medicals done and my dad was asked to see nephrologist as his creatinine was abnormal. Nephrologist posted gfr to be 37 and diagnosed CKD 3.

ECAS status has changed today to "Medical results have been received" .

Does it just mean they have received it and will now be reviewed by their doctors?

I was expecting a furtherance as my dad saw a nephrologist and was diagnosed with CKD stage 3.

What can one make out of this status?

1) Medicals received and currently under review

2) Medicals received and have passed it

2) Medicals received and failed and I might get a fairness letter (I HOPE NOT :( )

On the other side of this CIC also emailed a month ago asking for FBI clearance which I have applied for and waiting.

addis

Jan 18, 2015
computergeek said:
Notice that the "Items Requested" count is 0, which means they didn't ask for anything. I've seen this before with people that haven't received a medical furtherance and expected one, so I suspect (but do not know for certain) that this is some sort of internal annotation. In any case, you (as primary applicant) should have received any medical furtherance. I've never seen nor heard of such a request being sent via e-mail, as normally it contains a sealed envelope that you are to deliver to the panel physician.

I would not suggest sending any additional documents. If you DO wish to send something, send a letter in writing noting that you observed a medical furtherance notation on your GCMS notes and that as of the date of the letter you have not received anything. Do that in writing, with some sort of return receipt (so you can prove they received it). That will protect against them claiming you were not responsive, but I wouldn't expect anything else to happen.

Dear Computergeek,

Thanks for your response. I have called the CIC helpline and they have put a note in the file. The agent could not understand why our furtherance had been sent to Delhi, when there is no one there. We have been in Canada since Fall 2012. I have emailed CPC Ottawa requesting them for the status and clearly mentioning that I have not received any correspondence from them on medical furtherance.

Quick question: I am applying for various jobs within and outside Canada. How will moving out of Canada impact my PR application? I am not sure if this is a good option.

thanks and regards,

addis

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
nitinbali60 said:
Hi Computergeek,

I have sponsored my parents to come to Canada back in 2010. Last month they had their medicals done and my dad was asked to see nephrologist as his creatinine was abnormal. Nephrologist posted gfr to be 37 and diagnosed CKD 3.

ECAS status has changed today to "Medical results have been received" .

Does it just mean they have received it and will now be reviewed by their doctors?

I was expecting a furtherance as my dad saw a nephrologist and was diagnosed with CKD stage 3.

What can one make out of this status?

1) Medicals received and currently under review

2) Medicals received and have passed it

2) Medicals received and failed and I might get a fairness letter (I HOPE NOT :( )

On the other side of this CIC also emailed a month ago asking for FBI clearance which I have applied for and waiting.
Fairness letters come before the medical results are entered into the CIC immigration system, so it's not a refusal.

It could also mean that medical results for one of your parents have been received. Unfortunately, all you can do is either wait or order GCMS (electronic case) notes.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
addis said:
Dear Computergeek,

Thanks for your response. I have called the CIC helpline and they have put a note in the file. The agent could not understand why our furtherance had been sent to Delhi, when there is no one there. We have been in Canada since Fall 2012. I have emailed CPC Ottawa requesting them for the status and clearly mentioning that I have not received any correspondence from them on medical furtherance.

Quick question: I am applying for various jobs within and outside Canada. How will moving out of Canada impact my PR application? I am not sure if this is a good option.

thanks and regards,

addis
Some legal arguments that you could present because you are in Canada (e.g., Charter rights issues) may not be available to you if you are not in Canada (there is case law suggesting that the Charter does not grant rights to people outside Canada.)

nitinbali60

Star Member
Jun 8, 2009
computergeek said:
Fairness letters come before the medical results are entered into the CIC immigration system, so it's not a refusal.

It could also mean that medical results for one of your parents have been received. Unfortunately, all you can do is either wait or order GCMS (electronic case) notes.
Thanks Computergeek, I hope its all positive. I have submitted GCMS notes yesterday via ATIP. I will share them once I have it.

waqaralis

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
PER Received on 07th Jan 2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM: 21-08-2015 PPR: 03-09-2015 Passport submitted: 07-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
computergeek said:
Some legal arguments that you could present because you are in Canada (e.g., Charter rights issues) may not be available to you if you are not in Canada (there is case law suggesting that the Charter does not grant rights to people outside Canada.)
Dear Computergeek,
Need your help. I have sent a PM to you. Please check.

regards,

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
manizheh said:
Hi dear computergeek. ..
What kind of company her husband works ::)

manizheh

Feb 27, 2015
Hi dear FSWCIO
he is working in one of the petrochemical company's. ..I am sure there is un misunderestanding about that for the visa officer..