+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received email - "Subject: Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa" - link is dead, address is out of date

wiresnips

May 13, 2019
United States
Category........
FAM
Received an email from IRCC,

The processing of your application appears complete at this time. Please submit the required passport(s) within 30 days to the Visa Application Center at the address listed below as the issuance of your visa is time sensitive. A service fee is applicable.

Visa Application Centre – New York
290 Madison Ave, 2nd fl.
(41st Street & 40th Street)
New York, NY 10017
U.S.A.

http://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_application_processing

Note: As of December 1, 2011, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will no longer issue a Permanent Resident counterfoil to applicants from visa exempt countries. All applicants approved for permanent residence, whether they hold a passport from a visa exempt country or from a country requiring a visa for Canada, will continue to be issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document.
Seems very exciting, but the link is dead, and the address seems to be several years out of date?

Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

Had the right UCI and Application number, so it seems like it should be real, but really not in a big rush to mail passports to the wrong address.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Received an email from IRCC,

Seems very exciting, but the link is dead, and the address seems to be several years out of date?

Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

Had the right UCI and Application number, so it seems like it should be real, but really not in a big rush to mail passports to the wrong address.
Are you a US citizen, if so you shouldn't be asked to submit your passport.

captqc

Jan 17, 2021
My wife received the same email this morning and she is a US citizen. We tried contacting Immigration Canada for some clarification but their phone queue has been full all day.

Reactions: wiresnips

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Wait, I misread this the first time - americans shouldn't be submitting passports at all? Where's a good source to read about the expected flow at this point in the process?
Generally, and I hope I will be corrected if I'm wrong but from visa exempt countries the PA is just requested to submit a copy of the information page from their passport and 2 pictures.

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Are you a US citizen, if so you shouldn't be asked to submit your passport.
That's not really the point and kind of wasting OP's time. OP needs to send the form, passport pictures, and photocopies of the passport even if they are visa exempt, it's really not about whether or not they need to send the passport.

The link remains dead from a website not in use for two years.

captqc

Jan 17, 2021
We managed to get into contact with ICC this morning and they gave us the correct address:

Canada Visa Application Centre
145 WEST 45th street, 4th floor
New York, NY 10036

They also said that as a US citizen (visa exempt country) you do not need to send your passport. You only need to send:

-Photocopies of all of the passport's pages
-The 2 requested pictures (with all of the requested information)
-The Permanent Resident Visa Authorization form from the email you received.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
We managed to get into contact with ICC this morning and they gave us the correct address:

New York, NY 10036

They also said that as a US citizen (visa exempt country) you do not need to send your passport. You only need to send:

Glad you got it clarified.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
That's not really the point and kind of wasting OP's time. OP needs to send the form, passport pictures, and photocopies of the passport even if they are visa exempt, it's really not about whether or not they need to send the passport.

The link remains dead from a website not in use for two years.
Obviously we have different opinions, I think it was totally pertinent to the OP's question. It ended up clarifying what docs needed to be submitted, don't know about you but I don't like parting with my passport unless it is essential.

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Obviously we have different opinions, I think it was totally pertinent to the OP's question. It ended up clarifying what docs needed to be submitted, don't know about you but I don't like parting with my passport unless it is essential.
It says in the letter that the passport only needs to be sent if are not from a Visa exempt country.

The important part - the part OP was asking about - was where to send the bloody thing when the website is dead.

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019

New York, NY 10036

What about the processing fee they describe? Did they send any information about that?

The consulate's website (https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/USA/how_to_apply.html?fbclid=IwAR2ZNr8d-pgBQguwJhUMCF4ffy0M0A9DcGkcXYTaK3FMudseYsG2ZXw2N9s#temporary_documents) seems to indicate that all correspondance must be through courrier service - did ICC say anything about that?

captqc

Jan 17, 2021
What about the processing fee they describe? Did they send any information about that?

The consulate's website (https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/USA/how_to_apply.html?fbclid=IwAR2ZNr8d-pgBQguwJhUMCF4ffy0M0A9DcGkcXYTaK3FMudseYsG2ZXw2N9s#temporary_documents) seems to indicate that all correspondance must be through courrier service - did ICC say anything about that?
ICC had no clue about the fees from the visa office since it's not directly managed by them. When my wife tried to contact the visa office by phone they told her they are not authorized to talk about permanent residence applications and referred her back to ICC.

The email itself said to use standard or express mail, because couriers would only be accepted from corporate accounts... but with all the outdated information on it, who knows anymore.

edit: I contacted the TT Services (vfsglobal) to ask for more information and they said the visa office needs the original passport and not a copy which contradicts the email. They then directed me towards the consulate general of Canada in New-York:

https://www.international.gc.ca/country-pays/us-eu/new_york.aspx?lang=eng

Last edited:

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
ICC had no clue about the fees from the visa office since it's not directly managed by them. When my wife tried to contact the visa office by phone they told her they are not authorized to talk about permanent residence applications and referred her back to ICC.

The email itself said to use standard or express mail, because couriers would only be accepted from corporate accounts... but with all the outdated information on it, who knows anymore.

edit: I contacted the TT Services (vfsglobal) to ask for more information and they said the visa office needs the original passport and not a copy which contradicts the email. They then directed me towards the consulate general of Canada in New-York:

https://www.international.gc.ca/country-pays/us-eu/new_york.aspx?lang=eng
What a shitshow. After making us wait for 2 years you'd think they could be clear about what they need and where.

But passports are definitely not required for PR from citizens of visa-exempt countries - the person at the TT Services must be misinformed. Unless they suddenly changed their policies and didn't tell anyone.

In retrospect, I think the link I sent you is a third party, not someone officially affiliated with Canada's visa processing office. They sure do try to make it seem official, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: captqc

captqc

Jan 17, 2021
In retrospect, I think the link I sent you is a third party, not someone officially affiliated with Canada's visa processing office. They sure do try to make it seem official, though.
They aren't directly managed by ICC, but it is the website given directly by them.

Reactions: mahtax