+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Correspondence Letter for Biometrics Today

ryan0723

Apr 17, 2020
I applied on January 9th for Study and co-op permit extension and got new message this morning saying that my biometrics has been validated.
Does that mean my application is going through the review?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I applied on January 9th for Study and co-op permit extension and got new message this morning saying that my biometrics has been validated.
That is generally good news and yea. You can also check your online accounts periodically to see their decision.

Me too yesterday, applied Jan 6, still no news though
Check your online portal. It is probably updated without a message.

ryan0723

Apr 17, 2020
I have rechecked the application for on CIC and the application status says "final decision has made." with your application has been approved.

Reactions: humyrajamal

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
If you see any update, it means your application is being processed. For me, there is no update since 30 days. So I'm glad for you.

However, this does not mean you will get a visa approval. It just means that at least they are processing your file.

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
If there’s a Medicals update before the Biometrics correspondence letter then it’s definitely an approval if not then it’s a negative response
Kindly highlight the basis for this statement. What does medicals or biometrics have to do with approval or refusal? They are required for all applicants. Aren't they?

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
Kindly highlight the basis for this statement. What does medicals or biometrics have to do with approval or refusal? They are required for all applicants. Aren't they?
For a study permit, when the medical is not requested or updated in the application, and a Biometrics correspondence letter is received without a Medicals update, there’s a negative response or decision
But if Medicals is updated as passed or requested before a Biometrics correspondence letter is received, it’s always an approval. Unless you’re ineligible based on health. Hence, I wanted you to note this with your study permit applications.

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
For a study permit, when the medical is not requested or updated in the application, and a Biometrics correspondence letter is received without a Medicals update, there’s a negative response or decision
But if Medicals is updated as passed or requested before a Biometrics correspondence letter is received, it’s always an approval. Unless you’re ineligible based on health. Hence, I wanted you to note this with your study permit applications.
In my first case, I was refused.

The application was submitted on 9th Feb. Medicals approved on 11th. Biometrics on 12th. Refusal on 12th.

This defies what you said.

Reactions: prbhvsr