pagarwal

Jan 15, 2015
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I've received my COPR papers and have the following queries:

My Immigrant visa is a single entry visa and my landing port is Toronto. I'll be flying from Dubai and landing at the Toronto airport, however I wish to come back after 10 days. I will be permanently moving to Canada in April 2017.

1. Can I soft land and return to Dubai after 10 days?
2. As the visa is only single entry, will I get a PR card or any other document to enter the country again?
3. The papers I've received isn't asking for any POF or other documents. Any one has an experience of landing in Toronto? If yes, were you asked for any documents?

Thanks

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pagarwal said:
Hi All,

My Immigrant visa is a single entry visa and my landing port is Toronto. I'll be flying from Dubai and landing at the Toronto airport, however I wish to come back after 10 days. I will be permanently moving to Canada in April 2017.

1. Can I soft land and return to Dubai after 10 days? Yes.
2. As the visa is only single entry, will I get a PR card or any other document to enter the country again? PR card will take anywhere between 2 to 3 months to arrive, with the PR card you can enter Canada multiple times, as you will go back in 10 days, you will have to apply for a Travel Document from the residence country to enter Canada.
3. The papers I've received isn't asking for any POF or other documents. Any one has an experience of landing in Toronto? If yes, were you asked for any documents? there are many landing threads, please check them for required paperwork.

Thanks

pagarwal

Jan 15, 2015
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the clarification.

Can you please throw some light on the travel document? The process for the same?

Do I need to reach out to the Canadian Embassy in UAE for the same? Do I need to email someone? After 2-3 months, if I've the PR Card, do I still need the travel document?

Some way forward on the same will help me understand better.

Thank you

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
You should know that when you land, you can only have the PR card sent to a Canadian address. It can be a friend or relative's address, and they can send it to you overseas so that you can reenter Canada.

Kamy29

May 30, 2016
Hi All,

My Immigrant visa is a single entry visa and my landing port is Toronto. I had applied for PR from India. Currently I am deputed to London UK until December 2016. I plan to relocate to Canada permanently sometime in 2017.
I plan to soft land in Toronto and return to London in 2 weeks.

1. Can I soft land and return to London after 2 weeks? Does any minimum period of stay after landing apply?
2. I understand I can get my PR card delivered to a friend’s address in Toronto post landing. Can I get it posted to India or London via courier? Is it safe?

Thanks