+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR- Need to visit Canada on short trip, not ready to formally land

bluesky10

Jan 28, 2021
Hi,

I received my COPR and currently live in US. I need to make a short trip to Canada to look for housing, but I am not ready to formally land. I don't have my list of goods to follow prepared and am not ready to do the import/export on my car. Can I just visit Canada without doing my landing procedures? Do I just tell the border agent I am making a short trip to look for housing? My COPR is valid until May 2022. Any advice would be appreciated!

galaxyman

Oct 10, 2019
Hi,

I received my COPR and currently live in US. I need to make a short trip to Canada to look for housing, but I am not ready to formally land. I don't have my list of goods to follow prepared and am not ready to do the import/export on my car. Can I just visit Canada without doing my landing procedures? Do I just tell the border agent I am making a short trip to look for housing? My COPR is valid until May 2022. Any advice would be appreciated!
We did exactly that, told the border agent what we were doing and he had no problem. (we are US citizens, crossed at land border).

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hi,

Hi @bluesky10 I'm planning to do something similar later this month but flying to Toronto instead (and staying a week in canada). Following this thread for more info.