12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
@VOBuckeye
Hi, thanks for sharing this information. I am in a similar situation. Have COPR and completing my DS-160. I expect your interview has happened by this date. Could you please let me know if answering"Yes" to the question worked for you and no objections raised,

My interview is on Tuesday. i might have to fill another DS-160 based on your response.

Please let me know.
Hi,
No objections were raised and I actually got my visa fees waived because of the Canadian PR status. I would have paid the reciprocity fees based on my country of citizenship.

ramzdeals

Nov 15, 2019
@VOBuckeye
Hi, thanks for sharing this information. I am in a similar situation. Have COPR and completing my DS-160. I expect your interview has happened by this date. Could you please let me know if answering"Yes" to the question worked for you and no objections raised,

My interview is on Tuesday. i might have to fill another DS-160 based on your response.

Please let me know.
@saneja3112 Can you please share your experience? I'm in the same situation. Thanks in advance!

pdeo813

Dec 28, 2019
Hi,
No objections were raised and I actually got my visa fees waived because of the Canadian PR status. I would have paid the reciprocity fees based on my country of citizenship.
Hi! Sorry for reviving an old post. I am in a similar situation. What response did you choose when you scheduled a visa appointment? I am talking about the question - 'Are you traveling from another country to apply for a U.S. visa in Canada?'. Do you remember if you picked no? Answer to that question drastically changes the visa appointment availability dates. Thanks in advance!

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hi,
Can u tell me in ds 160 ,what you filled in National identification number (after we answer yes as Canadian PR)? Is it SIN number or any other number?

Bina5

Dec 21, 2019
Hi, i have received my copr and i have to travel before april 02nd also get my h1b stamping done. I am going to travel alone through flight.

1) Can anyone tell me, What documents do i need to carry for PR or show the immigration officer apart from funds?
2)when i land in canada, what questions do the immigartion officers usually ask? also should i tell them i am here for h1b stamping as well?
3) For someone travelling alone and for the first time to canada which would be a best place to land to get h1b stamping done as well?

Bina5

Dec 21, 2019
on my COPR in the place of birth they missed last letter , i mean 'hyderaba' and also on COR: they missed the last letter again 'united states of americ' is what is typed.Will it have any impact on my landing?

deepshah7812

Apr 14, 2022
Hello everyone,

I've applied for B1/B2 visa on a work permit last year. Now, I got the Canadian PR last month and my interview date is next month. How can I inform US consulate about my status change?

Reactions: mpsqra

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello everyone,

I've applied for B1/B2 visa on a work permit last year. Now, I got the Canadian PR last month and my interview date is next month. How can I inform US consulate about my status change?
they have cross information (CAN-USA), you don' t need to do anything.
next time you go to the border,,, they might ask you and prove it.

Reactions: deepshah7812

deepshah7812

Apr 14, 2022
they have cross information (CAN-USA), you don' t need to do anything.
next time you go to the border,,, they might ask you and prove it.
Thank you very much for the response.

I don't have the USA visitor visa and I've interview for B1/B2 visa next month.
So, do I need to submit another DS-160 form?

Shailabanu

Dec 28, 2022
Hello everyone,

@deepshah7812 , any update on your interview? did you create new DS160? I am in same situation, please share your experience here.