+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR, do I need a new SIN?

live4film

May 17, 2018
I was told by someone that now that I have PR, I need to apply for a new SIN. Is that true? If that is in fact the case then I probably have to get a new services card as well. What information is included on the PR Card?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I was told by someone that now that I have PR, I need to apply for a new SIN. Is that true? If that is in fact the case then I probably have to get a new services card as well. What information is included on the PR Card?
1. Yes, as the SIN you hold now starts with "9" which shows you are visitor in Canada.

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
Hi

1. Yes, as the SIN you hold now starts with "9" which shows you are visitor in Canada.
A 9-prefix SIN isn't a visitor. Visitors don't get SIN's. It means temporary right to work and therefore any employer needs to do additional checks to make sure the holder is still legally allowed to work.

nwapapa

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
When did you apply your application before they give you PR? am still waiting for my PR i summit my application on Feb 2020.