+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR but confused on PR validation

Discussion in 'Permanent Residence in Canada' started by swara1988, Jul 27, 2019.

  1. Hi Guys,

    I live in Victoria, bc. Please advise the nearest port of entry. how to do the land port of entry for permanent residence in Victoria or Vancouver. And do I need to apply for US visa? I have heard about flagpole but not sure what is that?

    Please give your advice.

    Thank you
  2. Check out Google maps. Any road entry exit between Canada and the USA.

    Leave Canada via a land border for a day trip to the USA, OR leave Canada and tell them at the US border that you don't actually want to come in to the USA and would they please turn you around so you can 'flagpole' back to Canada (that is what flagpoling is). Read about a lot of stuff here:


    I don't know as I don't know your nationality. If you cross into the US, then Google 'do I need a visa for the USA as a XXXXXXXX national'.

Share This Page