+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Cheque After Decision Made Status

ea91

Mar 9, 2017
Hey everyone,
I have been waiting with a DM status for over a month now.

Anyways, I called the call center and learned that my letter was returned to the office and they re-sent it.
However, oddly, I received a 75$ cheque from the govt. The call center has no idea what it is.

Any ideas? Can it be for rejecting my application? I believe they dont give refunds for refusals tho.

Best
e

Sumonaney

Nov 29, 2012
ea91 said:
Hey everyone,

Anyways, I called the call center and learned that my letter was returned to the office and they re-sent it.
However, oddly, I received a 75$ cheque from the govt. The call center has no idea what it is.

Any ideas? Can it be for rejecting my application? I believe they dont give refunds for refusals tho.

Best
e
Is it from Cic

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
If its a cheque from government of canada. Its probably a GST refund. It will have letter with the cheque from CIC. If it is actually from CIC. You paid from a Credit card? Well than the refund will be given back on the credit card not by cheque.I am sure this has nothing to do with CIC.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
ea91 said:
Hey everyone,

Best
e
There is $75 fee for Citizenship. $530 processing fee and $100 citizenship rights fee.
It can be one of million things. You need to look into description above the cheque and think where you could expect the check.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ea91 said:
Hey everyone,

Best
e
Did you pay $630 and then $75 additionally? I think $630 is all that had to be paid and that's why you got $75 back.
If that's not the case then it might be something else.

I am not sure if CIC cheques are different from Govt of Canada's cheques.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Citizenship certificate?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
When you get the certificate for the first time when you become citizen that is free, if you lose it and you want another one, that is $75.

ea91

Mar 9, 2017
Can you be more specific please?
Do you mean theyre giving back the 75 because theyre issueing me the certificate- which is free?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
The question is how much did you pay in total when you submitted the app?