+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received caips notes. What to do

Hemantsangwan

Jun 6, 2022
received the caips notes which says the following:

PA is seeking to obtain a Bachelor of Commerce at Humber College; see LOA/Proof of enrollment on
file.
No evidence of previous studies; missing marks sheets, academic record and diplomas. Unable to
determine applicant's ability to successfully complete the study program in Canada
LOA indicates annual tuition fees of $16350 to $20995 for two semesters. Combined with approx.
$10k per year in living expenses, the total cost to the client would be approximately $30,000yr.
Considering this, and comparing with employment opportunities available to the client in their
chosen field of study upon their return to their home country, as well as the local options available
for similar studies, and the applicant's personal, financial, and family circumstances, I am not
satisfied that pursuing this level of study in Canada is reasonable
Therefore, I am not satisfied that the applicant meets the requirements of the Act and/or the
Regulations, and would depart Canada at the end of authorized stay.

Need advice what to do now and how to reapply.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

PA is seeking to obtain a Bachelor of Commerce at Humber College; see LOA/Proof of enrollment on
file.
No evidence of previous studies; missing marks sheets, academic record and diplomas. Unable to
determine applicant's ability to successfully complete the study program in Canada
LOA indicates annual tuition fees of $16350 to $20995 for two semesters. Combined with approx.
$10k per year in living expenses, the total cost to the client would be approximately $30,000yr.
Considering this, and comparing with employment opportunities available to the client in their
chosen field of study upon their return to their home country, as well as the local options available
for similar studies, and the applicant's personal, financial, and family circumstances, I am not
Therefore, I am not satisfied that the applicant meets the requirements of the Act and/or the

You need to provide us with your full profile. We can't help you without your details.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How much in funds did you show since it is $30k per year for 3 or 4 years?
So if the program is $100k+ then what employment opportunities will you have to justify the costs?
Why can’t you take a bachelors in your home country?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OP has multi threads.
OP shouldn't create multiple threads in that case. I'm not going to go hunting for that information and I certainly don't remember the OPs profile.

I see you've already said that and I agree with your comments.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

file.

I think problem is you did not produce marksheets, not meeting proof of fund and there is a gap of 3 years with no employment record from 2019 (unemployed status). Lastly choice of program is widely available in Country of Origin (India). B.com Finance is now becoming generic program, just like project management in my view..You can resubmit, by producing evidence to overcome above reasons with convincing SOP, then Good luck

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021

file.

1. Given that you're going to pursue a Bachelor's, did you attach your high school certificate and marksheet?
  2. Did you apply under SDS or non-SDS? I feel like visa officers reject non-SDS for financial reasons a lot more.
  3. Try submitting as SDS and increasing GIC to the maximum allowed of $20K (instead of the typical $10K).
  4. Don't talk about PGWP or working in Canada at all in your LOE.
  5. Addressing the 2nd objection is a bit complicated. When you're going to reapply, in your Letter of Expalantion, mention the following:
    • Why you're not choosing local programs. Just mention things like lack of infrastructure, lack of practical hands-on learning, student:teacher ratio, that you've heard Canadian teachers/professors are more personable and more willing to mentor students.
    • Talk about the employment options that will be available to you in your home country once you complete your Canadian degree.
    • Explain how your Canadian degreee will benefit your career in your home country

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
choice of program is widely available in Country of Origin
That applies to all programs offered in Canada though.

In my opinion, justifying why you're not going for a local program is easy but a lot of applicants overlook it. If the applicant just mentioned the negative things about higher education in their country then they'd be fine. Negative things like a very high student:teacher ratio, lack of physical and IT infrastructure, lack of experienced teachers, overly theoritcal approach as opposed to a more practical, hands-on approach, teachers unwilling to mentor students, unsupportive administration, outdated curriculum etc.

Reactions: anuragipushp

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
That applies to all programs offered in Canada though.

In my opinion, justifying why you're not going for a local program is easy but a lot of applicants overlook it. If the applicant just mentioned the negative things about higher education in their country then they'd be fine. Negative things like a very high student:teacher ratio, lack of physical and IT infrastructure, lack of experienced teachers, overly theoritcal approach as opposed to a more practical, hands-on approach, teachers unwilling to mentor students, unsupportive administration, outdated curriculum etc.
I agree with this one too... when VO wants to refuse your application, occupational in demand also comes into mind...