+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received BVL on May 15 2023 and its more than 2 weeks with no further correspondence.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
it is strange though if your travel date was 30th may. Both should have been sent together. I always think with study visas and all , early arrival might be problematic for students i mean they can be questioned by immigration officers it is better to arrive near to the class start date.

in your case really have no idea your date is well past now and you are still waiting for your ppr.

very strange though.

did you attach any confirmed flight tickets or hotel bookings if you are going there as a tourist.

or your pupose of travel was different.
Nobody should be purchasing plane tickets without approval. IRCC warns people not to purchase tickets. A proposed itinerary is fine

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Many od us in this forum who have got BVL around mid of May and Visa document details are available, have not received PPR. It is unpredictable that when the next step will happen. Hope it helps.
Most of the March candidates got their PPR in the last week of May.
Processing is typically a few months unless your application is assessed by AI.

Reactions: PrinceIsaac254

KShehzad

Jun 2, 2023
Travel dates don’t influence processing time. Processing is only fast if your application is a clear approval or denial and is assessed using AI. If your application is assessed manually it typically takes 2-3 months minimum. Any additional documents requested, like a medical request,will add additional processing time. Your processing is very typical and all you can do is wait.
Do you think after receiving BVL, the officer would still be assessing my application?
IRCC tracker is showing the visa document number and expiry details as well. Do I’ve to be worried on decision being not in favour?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you think after receiving BVL, the officer would still be assessing my application?
IRCC tracker is showing the visa document number and expiry details as well. Do I’ve to be worried on decision being not in favour?
Approval is always based on the specifics of an application. After biometrics the processing of your application should start. It does seem as though you aren’t a true visitor and want to try and remain in Canada and work. If there are any concerns that you aren’t a genuine visitor you can be denied. Without more specifics when it come to your application it’s hard to comment and I would only be speculating on your chances of getting approved for a TRV. Even if you do get to Canada you will still face a long wait time waiting to see if your WP is approved. That mean typically around half a year without being able to work. Is the job in Canada make sense based on your education and work history? Have you travelled internationally in the past 5-10 years to countries like the US, UK, Australia,etc.? What are your ties to your home country like dependent family (children or spouse), property ownership, job with approved leave, etc.? How much liquid savings can you show? What are your reasons for travel and how long did you request to visit? Have you applied to study or work abroad before or immigrate somewhere? Do you have family members who have gone abroad to work, study or immigrate and have any come to Canada? Have any family members claimed asylum?

KShehzad

Jun 2, 2023
Approval is always based on the specifics of an application. After biometrics the processing of your application should start. It does seem as though you aren’t a true visitor and want to try and remain in Canada and work. If there are any concerns that you aren’t a genuine visitor you can be denied. Without more specifics when it come to your application it’s hard to comment and I would only be speculating on your chances of getting approved for a TRV. Even if you do get to Canada you will still face a long wait time waiting to see if your WP is approved. That mean typically around half a year without being able to work. Is the job in Canada make sense based on your education and work history? Have you travelled internationally in the past 5-10 years to countries like the US, UK, Australia,etc.? What are your ties to your home country like dependent family (children or spouse), property ownership, job with approved leave, etc.? How much liquid savings can you show? What are your reasons for travel and how long did you request to visit? Have you applied to study or work abroad before or immigrate somewhere? Do you have family members who have gone abroad to work, study or immigrate and have any come to Canada? Have any family members claimed asylum?
As per my profile I’m certain that visa officer will never consider me that I’d slip and seek anything else beside visiting.
I’ve been travelling the world for over a decade now. US, UK, Schengen, Ireland and other over a dozen countries I’ve been to.
I currently possess an active US visa too.
My family and economic ties are pretty strong with my spouse and kids are dependent on me. My job and the field I’ve been working in for over 12yrs.
Coming back to my question. I think with this stated above I should wait patiently (my nature is otherwise)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As per my profile I’m certain that visa officer will never consider me that I’d slip and seek anything else beside visiting.
I’ve been travelling the world for over a decade now. US, UK, Schengen, Ireland and other over a dozen countries I’ve been to.
I currently possess an active US visa too.
My family and economic ties are pretty strong with my spouse and kids are dependent on me. My job and the field I’ve been working in for over 12yrs.
Coming back to my question. I think with this stated above I should wait patiently (my nature is otherwise)
If you have a good travel history, good savings, a good reason you wan to visit Canada, your spouse and child will be remaining in your home country, etc. there is likely a good chance of approval. Actually visiting the US and returning home is much better proof than just having a visa. Given that it will take many months before your online WP gets processed wouldn’t it make more sense to apply from your home country? Being in Canada unable to work for around 6 months is expensive and will lewd to a long separation from your family. Your family will also have to wait for their OWP and study permits (TRV if child is under 4) if your WP is approved. If you applied for all these permits abroad you could all come to Canada together and you wouldn’t face a long period of unemployment.

Reactions: KShehzad

KShehzad

Jun 2, 2023
If you have a good travel history, good savings, a good reason you wan to visit Canada, your spouse and child will be remaining in your home country, etc. there is likely a good chance of approval. Actually visiting the US and returning home is much better proof than just having a visa. Given that it will take many months before your online WP gets processed wouldn’t it make more sense to apply from your home country? Being in Canada unable to work for around 6 months is expensive and will lewd to a long separation from your family. Your family will also have to wait for their OWP and study permits (TRV if child is under 4) if your WP is approved. If you applied for all these permits abroad you could all come to Canada together and you wouldn’t face a long period of unemployment.
You’re right. Worst case if I’ve to wait for 6mo I can travel out of Canada right?
I have all this well thought out.
I’m following my RCIC consultant. The employer needs me there by next month. This is an attempt to expedite the case. The reason for not bringing my family is purely because I need to make sure I’ll survive there will see for 3mo if this gets going.
thanks for your thought. Much appreciated!

PrinceIsaac254

May 31, 2023
if your travels are ahead of a couple of months, you will receive it on time.

May I ask on what date did your eligiblity complete and on whate date your backgroumd check complete?
My background in progress, eligibility complete.

Travel dates are already past it was last year June.

Received BVL on 14th April 2023. I'm wondering when this OPR is coming.. Do you have any idea?

Reactions: tommy_2k23

sherrysn

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
File Transfer...
19-02-2016
Med's Request
19-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-02-2016
Interview........
Hope not
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I have got PPR request for my mother today.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
I have seen a person with BVL and visa details on tracker , but later refusal letter. Although this was very unusual but has happened.
So, a BVL and visa details on tracker is not always a positive sign.

Yet, lets hope for the best but be prepared for worst.