+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received BVL on May 15 2023 and its more than 2 weeks with no further correspondence.

KShehzad

Jun 2, 2023
I applied for a visitor visa (CAN+ program) on April 22nd 2023.
Biometrics happened and updated on April 28th 2023.
BVL received on May 15th 2023.
IRCC tracker last updated on May 16th 2023 (Visitor Visa document number and expiry date is now visible) issuing country: Pakistan
No further correspondence since then. Today is 18th day.
When should I expect PPR?

Reactions: PrinceIsaac254

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
IRCC tracker last updated on May 16th 2023 (Visitor Visa document number and expiry date is now visible) issuing country: Pakistan
FYI - you don’t apply to CAN+. IRCC decides if it will be processed as CAN+ so you will not know unless your application is processed quickly.

Reactions: KShehzad

KShehzad

Jun 2, 2023
FYI - you don’t apply to CAN+. IRCC decides if it will be processed as CAN+ so you will not know unless your application is processed quickly.
In fact the application process make sure this goes through CAN+. When you're asked to upload US Visa and entail the details. It doesn't even ask for financial proofs when you're asked to upload mandatory supporting documents. Anyway we're getting off topic :) Let me know your thoughts on the mail question.
Thanks.

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
when are your travel dates?
i must say that processing from pakistan and india are super fast does not matter if CAN+ or not.

sherrysn

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
File Transfer...
19-02-2016
Med's Request
19-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-02-2016
Interview........
Hope not
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Many od us in this forum who have got BVL around mid of May and Visa document details are available, have not received PPR. It is unpredictable that when the next step will happen. Hope it helps.
Most of the March candidates got their PPR in the last week of May.

KShehzad

Jun 2, 2023
when are your travel dates?
i must say that processing from pakistan and india are super fast does not matter if CAN+ or not.
May 30th was the date. No signs of PPR. Idk this visitor visa number appearing on IRCC tracker means the application is approved to issue visa or not? If it was logically it must not have been this long.

KShehzad

Jun 2, 2023
Many od us in this forum who have got BVL around mid of May and Visa document details are available, have not received PPR. It is unpredictable that when the next step will happen. Hope it helps.
Most of the March candidates got their PPR in the last week of May.
Thanks. This helped!

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
May 30th was the date. No signs of PPR. Idk this visitor visa number appearing on IRCC tracker means the application is approved to issue visa or not? If it was logically it must not have been this long.
when did your background check start and finish? if it is already completed then this visa issuance is meant for an application that is approved.

KShehzad

Jun 2, 2023
when did your background check start and finish? if it is already completed then this visa issuance is meant for an application that is approved.
Eligibility completed when I received my BVL. Background check started on the same day and its still progressing. However Visitor Visa Document Number is appearing since May 16th.

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Eligibility completed when I received my BVL. Background check started on the same day and its still progressing. However Visitor Visa Document Number is appearing since May 16th.
it is strange though if your travel date was 30th may. Both should have been sent together. I always think with study visas and all , early arrival might be problematic for students i mean they can be questioned by immigration officers it is better to arrive near to the class start date.

in your case really have no idea your date is well past now and you are still waiting for your ppr.

very strange though.

did you attach any confirmed flight tickets or hotel bookings if you are going there as a tourist.

or your pupose of travel was different.

KShehzad

Jun 2, 2023
it is strange though if your travel date was 30th may. Both should have been sent together. I always think with study visas and all , early arrival might be problematic for students i mean they can be questioned by immigration officers it is better to arrive near to the class start date.

in your case really have no idea your date is well past now and you are still waiting for your ppr.

very strange though.

did you attach any confirmed flight tickets or hotel bookings if you are going there as a tourist.

No I didn’t attach any travel itinerary with my application. I remember I mentioned June 15th as my travel date. But I wanted to travel on May 30, assuming this should get through within a month.

PrinceIsaac254

May 31, 2023

very strange though.

Heyy guys... Below is my timeline

Applied - 27th April 2022
Biometrics done - 1st May 2022
Got BVL - 14 April 2023
OPR -????? Nothing till now..

It's been 50 days since I received my BVL. I'm wondering what is happening, I raised a webform yesterday, I hope it works positively.

Applied location - Qatar

Visa number and expiry available on my trackers, only waiting for PPR...

Reactions: tommy_2k23

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023

Got BVL - 14 April 2023

It's been 50 days since I received my BVL. I'm wondering what is happening, I raised a webform yesterday, I hope it works positively.

Applied location - Qatar

if your travels are ahead of a couple of months, you will receive it on time.

May I ask on what date did your eligiblity complete and on whate date your backgroumd check complete?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No I didn’t attach any travel itinerary with my application. I remember I mentioned June 15th as my travel date. But I wanted to travel on May 30, assuming this should get through within a month.
Travel dates don’t influence processing time. Processing is only fast if your application is a clear approval or denial and is assessed using AI. If your application is assessed manually it typically takes 2-3 months minimum. Any additional documents requested, like a medical request,will add additional processing time. Your processing is very typical and all you can do is wait.

Reactions: KShehzad

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Got BVL - 14 April 2023

Applied location - Qatar

This is very normal processing time. Unless your application gets assessed using AI it takes multiple months minimum to manually get reviewed. It is important to compare to others applying from the same location for an approximate timeline.