+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received automated IRCC email about returned application but no further information

Izaak

Dec 12, 2022
Hi everyone, thank you so much in advance for reading this and providing your insight.

I received an automated email from IRCC stating: "This email is to notify you that the status of your permanent residence application has been updated. Please log in to your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account to view of make updates to your application. Further details on the status update of your application, including any actions that need to be taken, will be sent in a separate email" (emphasis mine).

It's been over 1 month since this email and I still haven't received the aforementioned "further details... in a separate email." Does anyone know how long this follow-up email usually takes? It seems strange that they would return the application but wait so long to provide reasons, but I'm a total novice to this process so I have no idea what is standard practice.

From examining my application in the IRCC PR portal, the application status is "Returned" and the only change I can see is that the IMM 1344 form has now been changed to "Incomplete." However, without any further information, I don't know why the form is incomplete.

Thanks again!

Riya Kaur

Star Member
Jan 13, 2022
Hi everyone, thank you so much in advance for reading this and providing your insight.

I received an automated email from IRCC stating: "This email is to notify you that the status of your permanent residence application has been updated. Please log in to your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account to view of make updates to your application. Further details on the status update of your application, including any actions that need to be taken, will be sent in a separate email" (emphasis mine).

It's been over 1 month since this email and I still haven't received the aforementioned "further details... in a separate email." Does anyone know how long this follow-up email usually takes? It seems strange that they would return the application but wait so long to provide reasons, but I'm a total novice to this process so I have no idea what is standard practice.

From examining my application in the IRCC PR portal, the application status is "Returned" and the only change I can see is that the IMM 1344 form has now been changed to "Incomplete." However, without any further information, I don't know why the form is incomplete.

Thanks again!
Sorry to know your application got returned. Hope you will get AOR next time. When did you submit application?

Tasha Pearce

Sep 7, 2022
Omg. THIS happened to me! My consultant waited 2 weeks and didn't get a letter stating what was wrong. Everything was marked completed except for consent and declaration signature. Since we waited and didn't get further details I resigned updated some documents and resubmit. Waited 3 months to get it returned the second time except this time the letter came a few days after that we needed to update the document checklist. Only God knows why we didn't get this information from the first time it was returned. My frustration is sky high!! Try calling them. I did but she couldn't help since the file was already returned!

• Sad
Reactions: he5ham

Izaak

Dec 12, 2022
Omg. THIS happened to me! My consultant waited 2 weeks and didn't get a letter stating what was wrong. Everything was marked completed except for consent and declaration signature. Since we waited and didn't get further details I resigned updated some documents and resubmit. Waited 3 months to get it returned the second time except this time the letter came a few days after that we needed to update the document checklist. Only God knows why we didn't get this information from the first time it was returned. My frustration is sky high!! Try calling them. I did but she couldn't help since the file was already returned!
Hi Tasha, thanks for the info. It sounds like this has definitely been overlooked/missed in my application at this point.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I call them regarding this issue? I didn’t realize that was even an option. Thanks again!

Tasha Pearce

Sep 7, 2022
Hi Tasha, thanks for the info. It sounds like this has definitely been overlooked/missed in my application at this point.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I call them regarding this issue? I didn’t realize that was even an option. Thanks again!
My husband who is the sponsor was the one who actually called. We were advised to call between 8 to 9am. And this worked after several attempts. So sorry I don't have their number handy to pass on.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[From `The Google']:

Dial 1-888-242-2100. After the recorded introduction, you will be asked to choose a menu option. Navigate through the options by pressing 3, then 4 and then 0.

When the Client Support Centre is experiencing a high volume of calls, and no agents are available, your call will be disconnected. Unfortunately, you will not be put on hold to wait for the next available agent. The best strategy is to keep calling until you get through to an agent.

Izaak

Dec 12, 2022
[From `The Google']:

Dial 1-888-242-2100. After the recorded introduction, you will be asked to choose a menu option. Navigate through the options by pressing 3, then 4 and then 0.

When the Client Support Centre is experiencing a high volume of calls, and no agents are available, your call will be disconnected. Unfortunately, you will not be put on hold to wait for the next available agent. The best strategy is to keep calling until you get through to an agent.
Thanks Ponga!

Dalwinder987

Jan 5, 2023
Our application submitted for sponsor a member of the family class. Our File received on 18 March 2022 to Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Applicant Biometric Updated on 30 June 2022 and medical updated on 14 July 2022. After medical We have no more updates received regarding to our application.
No more ghost updates received on my file. Last ghost updated is on 30 November 2022.

Going2Can

Jun 25, 2020
Received automated IRCC email that my childrens PR cards are abandoned. No information on the reason and when (if any ) notice was sent !!
We have been waiting for these cards to move in.

Any idea what to do now?

Extremely frustrating at this point of time !! :(

hardy07

May 21, 2021
My application was returned. I waited for few days to get the reason email. After few days I also got AOR and sponsor approval letter lol. It still says returned there, but my application is linked to gckey and its processing. Got medical and all done. Weird!!

Reactions: Tasha Pearce

Tasha Pearce

Sep 7, 2022
My application was returned. I waited for few days to get the reason email. After few days I also got AOR and sponsor approval letter lol. It still says returned there, but my application is linked to gckey and its processing. Got medical and all done. Weird!!
This is good news then....All the best!

klook

Mar 8, 2024
Any news from this?
Same thing happened to me. I got the first email but no further details to why my application was returned.