01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
from_mumbai said:
Apart from that, they have also changed some phrases related to calculation of equivalency.
Yes, they TRIED to clarify it. From this thread, it would seem they were unsucessful : ) There is no real change. I gave the same advice to ujbaby last year.

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
jes_ON said:
Yes, they TRIED to clarify it. From this thread, it would seem they were unsucessful : ) There is no real change. I gave the same advice to ujbaby last year.
I understand my friend..

by the way, can you check http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/hours-of-eligibility-calculator-spreadsheet-t141742.0.html and verify to see if what I wrote is correct...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
from_mumbai said:
by the way, can you check http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/hours-of-eligibility-calculator-spreadsheet-t141742.0.html and verify to see if what I wrote is correct...
It looks good, but for some reason I'm not able to enter data to test it. (Just got a new system, new version of Office, etc. - haven't worked it all out yet!). I'll try again once I figure out the problem...

The only caution I would give - accepting the hours from the bi-weekly paystub should be a last resort, since the hours are supposed to be calculated on a weekly basis. The spreadsheet might give the impression that weekly or biweekly are equally acceptable, which is not really true. But I understand how difficult it might be for some people to find that data after-the-fact, and sometimes you just have to do the best you can.

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
jes_ON said:
It looks good, but for some reason I'm not able to enter data to test it. (Just got a new system, new version of Office, etc. - haven't worked it all out yet!). I'll try again once I figure out the problem...

The only caution I would give - accepting the hours from the bi-weekly paystub should be a last resort, since the hours are supposed to be calculated on a weekly basis. The spreadsheet might give the impression that weekly or biweekly are equally acceptable, which is not really true. But I understand how difficult it might be for some people to find that data after-the-fact, and sometimes you just have to do the best you can.
I purposely did not allow permission to edit, as it would be a mess in it if everyone wants to try calculating at the same time.. So you have to download and open in excel...

I completely understand your thinking. I also thought the same way, but its hard to remember when and how much you actually worked. So, I just made it assuming that you worked equal hours in that biweekly period.

If someone actually knows how much they worked every week, then they can use the weekly section...

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Jes_ON, do you mind chiming in on how I should calculate my eligible hours if my pay stubs are bi-weekly? Right now I'm not counting any bi-weekly hours in excess of 60, same as From_Mumbai's calculator.

pmpm

Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2013; 25-11-2013 medicals received
Passport Req..
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-07-2014
noc4012 said:
Hi whymeee

Did they at least refund your application fees?
Yeah did you get any reply from Sydney?

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi whymeee,

Have you been to your MP's office? CIC is required to respond to your MP's office in a timely manner, usually within a week. You can tell the MP's office that you think CIC made a mistake, and give them your explanation and other relevant details about yourself and your application. They will contact CIC for clarification.

Good luck.

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noc4012 said:
Hi whymeee

Did they at least refund your application fees?
No? And I understand I'm not getting them back as they refused the application after sending me an AOR. ::)

pmpm said:
Yeah did you get any reply from Sydney?
Not yet. We'll see what the next week brings.

GinnyPi said:
Hi whymeee,

Have you been to your MP's office? CIC is required to respond to your MP's office in a timely manner, usually within a week. You can tell the MP's office that you think CIC made a mistake, and give them your explanation and other relevant details about yourself and your application. They will contact CIC for clarification.

Good luck.
I didn't know that. I think I will wait for GCMS notes first and then decide how to proceed. Thanks for the suggestion though! :)

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sooner is best, besides the MP's office would be able to speak with someone who has access to the notes in GCMS. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable, and good luck either way!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
whymeee said:
Hey Jes_ON, do you mind chiming in on how I should calculate my eligible hours if my pay stubs are bi-weekly? Right now I'm not counting any bi-weekly hours in excess of 60, same as From_Mumbai's calculator.
If that's best you can do (biweekly, that is), then that is all you can do...

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I JUST received my GCMS notes.

It was a lot of information to take in, but it seems that the below quote is the only interesting thing I could find.

CEC FILE REVIEWED BY PROGRAM SUPPORT OFFICER PA'S file has been reviewed under Canadian Experience Class category. Although PA has indicated work experience at an 0, A or B NOC level, I am not satisfied that PA has a minimum of 12 months of work experience within the past 36 months. Qualifying work experience from Dec 2011 to Feb 2012 (28.21 average weekly hours) is not at least 12 months. Work experience from July 2011 to Dec 2011 could not be included as qualifying work experience because it was work done on a student work permit. It appears PA has not met all requirements to submit an application under the CEC category. Letter emailing to address(es) on file informing PA that s/he is application is refused. File sent to RETENTION.
Dec 2011 to Feb 2012? 2012? What.. My reference letter and pay stubs were from Dec 2011-Feb 2013! Does this mean they made a mistake? CIO-Sydney got back to me, but their email pretty much said "read what we sent you on April 10th", just in a nice way.

Although in my refusal email said that the period from Dec 2011-Feb 2013 is for a period of less than 12 months which just confuses me even more.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whymeee said:

It was a lot of information to take in, but it seems that the below quote is the only interesting thing I could find.

Dec 2011 to Feb 2012? 2012? What.. My reference letter and pay stubs were from Dec 2011-Feb 2013! Does this mean they made a mistake? CIO-Sydney got back to me, but their email pretty much said "read what we sent you on April 10th", just in a nice way.

Although in my refusal email said that the period from Dec 2011-Feb 2013 is for a period of less than 12 months which just confuses me even more.
Did your refusal letter come from Sydney or Ottawa?

random123

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
This continues to baffle me. I wish they could be held more accountable for their decisions as this requires some explanation.

whymeee said: