+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received an email : Renew your immigration medical examination results

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
@canadaininaida :
If you received notification that your visa was deactivated due to expired medicals, and you have since completed a new medical exam, it will take up to four weeks for your results to be assessed and for your visa to be reactivated. You will be notified via email once your visa has been reactivated. You can also check the status of your visa on your IRCC secure account. Please do not attempt to travel or make travel plans until your visa has been reactivated. If you did not received notification that your visa was deactivated despite having expired medicals, but you have since completed a new medical exam, please ensure that your visa remains activated by checking its status in your IRCC secure account. If your visa is still activated, you are eligible to travel to Canada.

How to check the status of visa either it is active or not ?

montrealer94

Aug 17, 2021
@canadaininaida :
If you received notification that your visa was deactivated due to expired medicals, and you have since completed a new medical exam, it will take up to four weeks for your results to be assessed and for your visa to be reactivated. You will be notified via email once your visa has been reactivated. You can also check the status of your visa on your IRCC secure account. Please do not attempt to travel or make travel plans until your visa has been reactivated. If you did not received notification that your visa was deactivated despite having expired medicals, but you have since completed a new medical exam, please ensure that your visa remains activated by checking its status in your IRCC secure account. If your visa is still activated, you are eligible to travel to Canada.

How to check the status of visa either it is active or not ?
Go to your IRCC account online. If you have new messages in that account, read them. If one of the messages or the main screen of your account says that the visa is invalid because your medicals have expired, you need to get medicals, and make sure it turns back to active after submitting your medicals as a web form for medical document renewal.

Reactions: jaaayy

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
Hey Guys,

Hope you all are doing well.

We are also kind of in a similar situation, so needed some advice from you all.
My wife, the primary applicant, is in India and I, the secondary applicant, am in the US currently. Our COPR expired on Jun 17, 2021 and our medicals also expired on the same day. We could not travel due to the travel restrictions. My wife sent her passport again to the Canada Visa Office in India, but it came back today after 3 weeks stating that your medicals have expired and that you need to get your medicals done again. We will send you instructions for that.

My question is, can she in India and I in the US get our medicals done upfront and upload them through webform and then send our passports again to get a fresh and valid copy of COPR + updated visa stamp?

In our IRCC account/portal, the current status of our PR application still shows approved. However, our counterfoil (COPR document I believe) says is expired.

Best,
MS

Ravina verma

Sep 25, 2021
Hlo everyone.. I am in India..and IM travelling to Canada...on 29 Sep..nd got this mail..of renewing my medical examinations.. But my examinations result will expires on 11 November...so..whether I need do give my medical again or just carry the first one ...plzz help me im very tensed ..because the days left for my travelling are just 3 or 4 days..

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
No worries you travel on 29th as planned don't even think of medical, as it will expire after 11th NOV (grace period is given) and anyways you will be landing before the 11th for sure so no issues after you have landed there it will expire then also there are no issues for that. Start packing your bags. My also medical got expired and gave my new medical but in your case, you will be in Canada before it expires. I also have my flight on 29th from AMD - DEL and 1st OCT DEL - YYZ AI.

Traveller@world

Jul 17, 2020
Hi everyone. I have received the same email multiple times in June and July after when I was out of Canada. I am on a work permit and have been outside Canada for more than six months. My flight was to a designated country, and I'll return to Canada from the same country. But I've spent about 5.5 months in between in a non-disgnated country. So, my overall stay in the designated country is less than 6 months while my flights are to and from it. So, I'm not sure if I now have to renew my medical exam before traveling back to Canada or not. Could you please let me know what your opinion is? Thanks.

Myahudi Jr II

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
I am still outside Canada. I had received this email and completed my medicals again. I am not able to upload it using the webform. They said since there is already a decision on my file they cant add more documents. Now my GC account says my counterfoil is invalid. I am travelling on July 6th. What can I do?

I have my medical reports. New medical acknowledgement and also a screenshot from the medical centre acknowledging that they uploaded my medical on June 20th.
Updates on SOWP?