+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received a reply from IRCC about the delayed processing of my application!!! What does this means?

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
My wife is a Dec 2020 paper based applicant. Her AOR date was Feb 2021 and Background check completed Juanuary 2022!!! So over all it has been 14 months with no progress?!

We just recieved the following reply form IRCC after sending a webform inquiry

”Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. We're currently prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions”

Could Sombody explain What the hell the mean with prioritizing those who are exempt From travel restrictions!!!!!!

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Anybody guys? What is the relations of travel restrictions with citizenship application Processing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
It's a very generic answer that they sent regardless of your application type. It has nothing to do with your application per se, you would have received the same one if you were asking for delays for a different application.
Just understand it as : citizenship applications are not given priority compared to some other type of applications, which one is given priority to doesn't matter much in your case...

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Thank you for your reply. They also mentioned that my application has been transferred to the “local office” is this also generic or it a positive sign?

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
My wife is a Dec 2020 paper based applicant. Her AOR date was Feb 2021 and Background check completed Juanuary 2022!!! So over all it has been 14 months with no progress?!

”Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. We're currently prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions”

Could Sombody explain What the hell the mean with prioritizing those who are exempt From travel restrictions!!!!!!
Their email response is pretty much taken exactly from their website, where they also state that: "We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between September 22 and 28, 2019."

Since your partner applied in December 2020, presently there is nothing out of the ordinary.

As for your partner's application being transferred to a local visa office, this is also standard. It could be Vancouver, Montreal, Mississauga, etc. depending on where you are geographically located. You may want to find a thread on this forum for your local citizenship visa office to see what approximate wait times are at the moment. You could also find a thread for December 2020 applicants if you haven't already.

Good luck!

Reactions: GokulGuruprasad

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014

I’m a Oct 2018 applicant still waiting so would consider your application routine. I got the same email when I submitted a webform few months ago.

There is no method in their madness. I wish you patience in the days ahead.

Reactions: cooldoc80

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
I’m a Oct 2018 applicant still waiting so would consider your application routine. I got the same email when I submitted a webform few months ago.

There is no method in their madness. I wish you patience in the days ahead.
Same to you fellow member, hopfully you hear from them soon! this is really sad they way they play with our lives with no organization, guidance , it is chaotic.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Thank you for your reply. They also mentioned that my application has been transferred to the “local office” is this also generic or it a positive sign?
That's normal, the actual processing following the AOR is always made at the local office level.

Reactions: cooldoc80

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
Their email response is pretty much taken exactly from their website, where they also state that: "We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between September 22 and 28, 2019."

Since your partner applied in December 2020, presently there is nothing out of the ordinary.

As for your partner's application being transferred to a local visa office, this is also standard. It could be Vancouver, Montreal, Mississauga, etc. depending on where you are geographically located. You may want to find a thread on this forum for your local citizenship visa office to see what approximate wait times are at the moment. You could also find a thread for December 2020 applicants if you haven't already.

Good luck!
They received my application in August 2019, so no.....their website timeline doesn't mean much. On this forum and on facebook, I have seen thousands of posts from people who applied in 2021, and they already have their citizenship and passport in hand after 7-10 months total......... See below news article and video about the delays.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
They received my application in August 2019, so no.....their website timeline doesn't mean much. On this forum and on facebook, I have seen thousands of posts from people who applied in 2021, and they already have their citizenship and passport in hand after 7-10 months total......... See below news article and video about the delays.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433
Thanks for the link , I laughed so much for the "recipe for success" comment I believe they are applying this recipe to every single ingredients lol