+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received a medical request of brother along with my parents medical.

segi2022

Mar 13, 2022
I have applied for my Parents pr and I have received a medical request in email when I opened up an email I saw that IRCC send me medical request of my brother along with my parents medical request. I am not sure why IRCC send a medical request of my brother. My brother is 38 years old, married and he is not dependent on my parents. does anyone have any idea why this could happen? do i need to submit a medical document of my brother or this is some sort of mistake from IRCC? I also spoke to one the immigration agent they said that this is the first time they are hearing that IRCC send a medical request of brother.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
The answer you're looking for is included in any application guide on IRCC's website. Read the guide fully.
For your benefit, I've already looked up the info for you: Who should I include on my permanent residence application?
In summary, Canada may request medical and background check from all family members, even if they're not coming to Canada. Read the info in the link above.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I think this is wrong, if the brother is over 22, he should not be considered a dependent and no medical test should be required.

Important: was the brother included on the primary application form, IMM0008? If so, that's the issue, he was included by the applicant as a dependent. (He shoudl have been on family information form, but not the IMM0008.)

At any rate: contact IRCC by webform, that the brother is not eligible to be included as not a dependent (because over the age by which IRCC will consider as a dependent)

Reactions: YVR123