+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received a letter regarding my child representative

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Dear friends,

A friend of mine and her mom and her child who applied in December 2019, received a letter to submit their supporting documents in November 2020. Now after 3months another letter came on her name which asking if she is the representative of her 10 years old son or not. If she doesn’t answer to the letter in 10 days then refugee board consider her (mother of child) as responsible and representative of the child.

Any one have same experience? Why she received letter regarding her underage son? And whats the next steps for them?

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dear friends,

A friend of mine and her mom and her child who applied in December 2019, received a letter to submit their supporting documents in November 2020. Now after 3months another letter came on her name which asking if she is the representative of her 10 years old son or not. If she doesn’t answer to the letter in 10 days then refugee board consider her (mother of child) as responsible and representative of the child.

Any one have same experience? Why she received letter regarding her underage son? And whats the next steps for them?

Thank you.
1. Well the IRB gave her the choice, either a separate representative for the child or the mother will be considered the representative and the claim for both will be heard together.

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hi

1. Well the IRB gave her the choice, either a separate representative for the child or the mother will be considered the representative and the claim for both will be heard together.
Is that mean the decision already has been made or its kind of notice to send their hearing date.