+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Receive Job Offer with a valid PR but not meeting the RO

tawwad

Apr 20, 2012
Hello to all,
If i receive a job offer (while i am out of Canada) with a valid PR, but i don't meet the Residency Obligation for staying in Canada for two years during the five year period, Will they let me enter the border? Yes/No, what might they do? What are my best options to handle this situation.

Looking forward to receive your valuable input.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
How long did you stay in Canada? Try your luck to enter Canada. If they don,t report you, then no problem.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
tawwad said:
If i receive a job offer (while i am out of Canada) with a valid PR, but i don't meet the Residency Obligation for staying in Canada for two years during the five year period, Will they let me enter the border? Yes/No, what might they do? What are my best options to handle this situation.
Since you don't meet the RO, when you attempt to enter Canada you may be reported by CBSA. This will begin process to revoke your PR status, but you will be allowed to enter if you choose to appeal the decision.

While the appeal is processing (I've heard up to around 2 years or more), you can keep your PR status and work normally. However if your appeal is eventually rejected, you'll lose your PR status and would need to immediately stop working and most likely be asked to leave Canada.

If you enter the border without being reported, then you should stay in Canada for 2 straight years without leaving for any reason, and only after that time apply to renew your PR card.