+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recd COPR and ppr

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
is it possible i landed canada and come back after 15 days after landed ? is it not effect any thing of process. Even i updat my mailing address with IRCC in canada. Bx i heard after 45 days PR card they will mail so my relative will receive such card at that adress ?
You can do that yes. Your can use your relative's address to receive the PR cards and he/she can mail it to you.

Another option is to apply for a PR Travel Document to re-enter Canada without your PR card. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/index.asp

Reactions: kimi_pat

jiger kothamdi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
LAGOS, NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2017-02-21
AOR Received.
2017-06-17
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
Yes, this is PPR email for approved applications. All thats left now is passport stamping and issuing your copr. Congrats :)
Hi thanks one more question my cicaccount still does not show change. It still says application in progress. And my passport has been submitted to VFS and it's now 7 working days. So how much time does it take to stamp and issue visa?

irfan295

May 24, 2017
Lahore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Lahore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
05-06-2017
AOR Received.
03-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
29-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
LANDED..........
23-02-2018
Hi thanks one more question my cicaccount still does not show change. It still says application in progress. And my passport has been submitted to VFS and it's now 7 working days. So how much time does it take to stamp and issue visa?
Stay clam it will take more one to two weeks left from your passport get stamped .
Now dont matter what ur cic account status about BG .

jiger kothamdi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
LAGOS, NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2017-02-21
AOR Received.
2017-06-17
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
Thanks a lot
Stay clam it will take more one to two weeks left from your passport get stamped .
Now dont matter what ur cic account status about BG .

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
You can do that yes. Your can use your relative's address to receive the PR cards and he/she can mail it to you.

Another option is to apply for a PR Travel Document to re-enter Canada without your PR card. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/index.asp
Hi @upperkut,

I saw your reply in this thread and would like your feedback in my situation as it is similar to this one.

I am a CEC inland applicant and my AOR is May 21st. I am in NA2 stage at the moment. I am hoping I will get PPR in mid to late September looking at the current progress in CEC category.

I am planning to go to India for a few months once I get my passport back with PR visa stamp. My medical expires in May 2018 so hopefully PR visa will be valid till May, 2018 as well. I want to travel to few countries in Asia and then come back to Canada. And I am a bit confused in landing procedure and PR card arrival. Please see below four options and advise which one is best:

Option – 1

Once I get PR visa stamp in my passport, I can do the landing procedure at one of many Port of Entries ( Niagara Falls ) and then leave to India in a week or two. I can give my friend’s address for PR card to be mailed to. He is also going to India in Dec so he can bring my PR card with him. I can then come back to Canada. My return date is flexible so I can wait a bit longer till I get PR card in my hand in India. So while returning to Canada, will border officials ask me how come I left the country just after landing and without receiving PR card myself? Will it create any issue? In this case, I can come back any time since I will have PR card in my hand. There will not be any limit or expiry date to enter Canada. Please confirm this if someone can.

Option – 2

Once I get PR visa stamp in my passport, I can fly to India in a week without landing. I can then stay in India and visit few countries for few months and then come back to Canada and finish landing procedure before May, 2018. In this case, will it create any issues if I would have visited few countries in Asia and have those additional visa stamps from those countries?

Option – 3

For some reason, if I don’t get my PR card while I am in India after landing, I can apply for PR Travel document and use it to enter in Canada without PR card. How difficult is the process for applying PRTD? Will border officers ask me any questions?

Option-4

While coming back to Canada, I can then fly to USA and cross the border by rental car using my COPR which is legal as I found in previous threads. In this case, will border officers ask me any questions?

Please give your input. Any advice or help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers!

irfan295

May 24, 2017
Lahore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Lahore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
05-06-2017
AOR Received.
03-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
29-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
LANDED..........
23-02-2018
Hi @upperkut,

I saw your reply in this thread and would like your feedback in my situation as it is similar to this one.

I am a CEC inland applicant and my AOR is May 21st. I am in NA2 stage at the moment. I am hoping I will get PPR in mid to late September looking at the current progress in CEC category.

I am planning to go to India for a few months once I get my passport back with PR visa stamp. My medical expires in May 2018 so hopefully PR visa will be valid till May, 2018 as well. I want to travel to few countries in Asia and then come back to Canada. And I am a bit confused in landing procedure and PR card arrival. Please see below four options and advise which one is best:

Option – 1

Once I get PR visa stamp in my passport, I can do the landing procedure at one of many Port of Entries ( Niagara Falls ) and then leave to India in a week or two. I can give my friend’s address for PR card to be mailed to. He is also going to India in Dec so he can bring my PR card with him. I can then come back to Canada. My return date is flexible so I can wait a bit longer till I get PR card in my hand in India. So while returning to Canada, will border officials ask me how come I left the country just after landing and without receiving PR card myself? Will it create any issue? In this case, I can come back any time since I will have PR card in my hand. There will not be any limit or expiry date to enter Canada. Please confirm this if someone can.

Option – 2

Once I get PR visa stamp in my passport, I can fly to India in a week without landing. I can then stay in India and visit few countries for few months and then come back to Canada and finish landing procedure before May, 2018. In this case, will it create any issues if I would have visited few countries in Asia and have those additional visa stamps from those countries?

Option – 3

For some reason, if I don’t get my PR card while I am in India after landing, I can apply for PR Travel document and use it to enter in Canada without PR card. How difficult is the process for applying PRTD? Will border officers ask me any questions?

Option-4

While coming back to Canada, I can then fly to USA and cross the border by rental car using my COPR which is legal as I found in previous threads. In this case, will border officers ask me any questions?

Please give your input. Any advice or help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers!
First of all . if you have commitment which could not be done before expiry of your PR visa, then it is most important for you give your arrival/landing in canada as soon as you get your PR and update your local canada address (even relative/friend home address) with IRCC/Cic and your friend/relative address IRCC/Cic will send your PR through courier . Even your friend/relative can receive your PR card.

After one to two weeks of Landing / arrival you leave for your other countries trip and finish it as long as you want but not more then two years.
Yout option #1 is quite do able then others options

Reactions: kimi_pat

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Would anyone be aware if this message comes to your email address, or to the myCIC account?
It seems PPR goes to email address and your cic account doesn't always update. It's panicking me that I accidentally delete it or something

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
It seems PPR goes to email address and your cic account doesn't always update. It's panicking me that I accidentally delete it or something
That's exactly what I'm thinking, although I'm known to be paranoid :)

In that case, isn't it worthwhile calling or emailing CIC?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
That's exactly what I'm thinking, although I'm known to be paranoid :)

In that case, isn't it worthwhile calling or emailing CIC?
Not for the time being. I got RPRF request last thursday so if it takes more than a month I might get worried. I learned to be patient during the entire process :)

Reactions: Wandering Mind

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I already paid the RFRF upfront; what would the difference be then?
you wait... it's the reason I didn't pay it upfront, so I can get a clearer timeline