+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Abu Shams

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Dear Seniors,

My employment reference letter is 2 pages long......my supervisor put his signature only in the second page where his name, designation is written but did not put any date with signature and no signature on the 1st page...........will this be an issue?...........coz I dont want to bother him again....

Plz suggest...........

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Dear Seniors,

My employment reference letter is 2 pages long......my supervisor put his signature only in the second page where his name, designation is written but did not put any date with signature and no signature on the 1st page...........will this be an issue?...........coz I dont want to bother him again....

Plz suggest...........
It should be fine as long as the letter is dated and the content is on the letterhead. They will check all the pages after all.

bumblebee17

Aug 20, 2017
Hello please i need to ask a question regarding previous overstay
My hubby who is the PA overstayed his UK student visa for about 3 years as he had problems with funds but when he eventually solved the problem his visa had expired. He went on to do his PG but he kept applying for an extension. He left voluntarily after his postgraduate and hasn't been back since 8 years ago. We got a travel history ADR and filled truthfully. Do you think our application can be cancelled? We've gone in IP1 without medical passed .
Also we both have TRVs that we used last year
@Pipis Husband
@legalfalcon

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello please i need to ask a question regarding previous overstay
My hubby who is the PA overstayed his UK student visa for about 3 years as he had problems with funds but when he eventually solved the problem his visa had expired. He went on to do his PG but he kept applying for an extension. He left voluntarily after his postgraduate and hasn't been back since 8 years ago. We got a travel history ADR and filled truthfully. Do you think our application can be cancelled? We've gone in IP1 without medical passed .
Also we both have TRVs that we used last year
@Pipis Husband
@legalfalcon
Overstaying and immigration issues in other countries will not be an issue and will not impact your application. However, you should get GCMS notes to make sure that there are no concerns or new issues coming up which you may not be aware of, and you can tackle them promptly.

Reactions: bumblebee17

bumblebee17

Aug 20, 2017
Overstaying and immigration issues in other countries will not be an issue and will not impact your application. However, you should get GCMS notes to make sure that there are no concerns or new issues coming up which you may not be aware of, and you can tackle them promptly.
Thank you so much. We've only just applied AOR 5th of August and got ADR 17th of August. We got PCC from the UK that says 'NO TRACE' for both of us and then i got FBI PCC. So we are clean criminally speaking... I'll update if anything comes up.

aminahc1

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Forgive me if this has already been answered. When they are looking at employment history, is it 10 years, 6 years, or 3 years? I have 14 years of work experience, and 8 of it was self-employed, and (almost) 5 of it was with an employer. The employer letter is great and covers the almost 5 years, but should I be concerned about the self-employed part? I submitted articles of incorporation starting from 2011 and invoices from clients back to 2007.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Forgive me if this has already been answered. When they are looking at employment history, is it 10 years, 6 years, or 3 years? I have 14 years of work experience, and 8 of it was self-employed, and (almost) 5 of it was with an employer. The employer letter is great and covers the almost 5 years, but should I be concerned about the self-employed part? I submitted articles of incorporation starting from 2011 and invoices from clients back to 2007.
Those 5 years are enough if they cover your 67 eligibility points, leave the rest out of your work history but include it in the personal history section

Reactions: aminahc1

dhyanivishal

Apr 19, 2017
Hi Guys,

I received my ITA on 4th May 2017 and my age that time was 33 years 10 months and some days...
My CRS was 427 and the cut-off was 423. I got 80 points for my age.
Cut off in the month of May 2017 dropped even to 413.
I celebrated my b'day on 11th June and turned 34. My points for age were reduced by 5 and my CRS as on date is 422
I submitted my PR application on 19th July 2017, which is after I turned 34.
Would this create some issues in my application?
I hope not...as it is not misrepresentation of information in any way...My DoB still is the same...

I was actually going through the ITA and read this:
"If your situation (or that of your spouse or partner) changes, you should try to re-calculate your points score
before you decide to apply for permanent residence. To find out how to re-calculate your score, see:
If your new score is lower than the minimum points score in the round of invitation from which you were invited to
apply, you should consider declining this invitation to apply. You should also consider declining this invitation
to apply if you no longer meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry".
Hence the confusion...

Can this be a reason for rejection?

mynametina

Aug 22, 2017
------

Hi legalfalcon and others, i need help on this one.

I had US B1 visa rejected some 9 years back. Very next day I reapplied and got the visa the same week (this was my second try). Thereafter I travelled to US 4 times for about 2 weeks each on business trips. Visa is still valid.

Last year I had also applied for Canada TRV and inadvertently did not mention US visa rejection. I thought since I got on 2nd try the same week it should not matter much. I got Canada visit visa in 4 days and did visit Canada last year for about 3 weeks.

I have recently applied for PR and again did not mention US visa refusal thinking that it may not be material to the processing. Questions/my options
1.should i now raise a CSE and inform the visa officer?
2.should i wait to hear from them
3.in case i wait and they raise this question, how much will be my chances of defending myself given the facts above.

appreciate your time.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I received my ITA on 4th May 2017 and my age that time was 33 years 10 months and some days...
My CRS was 427 and the cut-off was 423. I got 80 points for my age.
Cut off in the month of May 2017 dropped even to 413.
I celebrated my b'day on 11th June and turned 34. My points for age were reduced by 5 and my CRS as on date is 422
I submitted my PR application on 19th July 2017, which is after I turned 34.
Would this create some issues in my application?
I hope not...as it is not misrepresentation of information in any way...My DoB still is the same...

I was actually going through the ITA and read this:
"If your situation (or that of your spouse or partner) changes, you should try to re-calculate your points score
before you decide to apply for permanent residence. To find out how to re-calculate your score, see:
If your new score is lower than the minimum points score in the round of invitation from which you were invited to
apply, you should consider declining this invitation to apply. You should also consider declining this invitation
to apply if you no longer meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry".
Hence the confusion...

Can this be a reason for rejection?
If you read your ITA, you would know the answer. It already says about birthday after ITA in there.
Once a again, please read it carefully.

SuprJim

Jul 28, 2017
My Wife is the principal applicant and she works with her father in a family business, She has submitted a Letter from her father that she is a member in the Family Business running the Showroom, her tax returns and proof of tax registration and a letter from her accountant showing earnings for the last few years all as proof of employment, she forgot to add invoices that she sends to her clients to show proof of services rendered, do you think this will cause us to be rejected? or will they just ask for invoices? There is a lot of extra information about the business. We are very worried as this is our second application and we don't have another 6 months to wait until a third application. Thanks

dhyanivishal

Apr 19, 2017
If you read your ITA, you would know the answer. It already says about birthday after ITA in there.
Once a again, please read it carefully.
Thanks Mate...just read it again... :) was so stupid of me to ask this...
"NOTE: If you had a birthday since we sent you this invitation, and the change to your age decreases your points
total, this will not cause us to refuse your application for permanent residence."

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
------

Hi legalfalcon and others, i need help on this one.

I had US B1 visa rejected some 9 years back. Very next day I reapplied and got the visa the same week (this was my second try). Thereafter I travelled to US 4 times for about 2 weeks each on business trips. Visa is still valid.

Last year I had also applied for Canada TRV and inadvertently did not mention US visa rejection. I thought since I got on 2nd try the same week it should not matter much. I got Canada visit visa in 4 days and did visit Canada last year for about 3 weeks.

I have recently applied for PR and again did not mention US visa refusal thinking that it may not be material to the processing. Questions/my options
1.should i now raise a CSE and inform the visa officer?
YEs. Just disclose it, it will not impact your application.

2.should i wait to hear from them
3.in case i wait and they raise this question, how much will be my chances of defending myself given the facts above.

appreciate your time.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi Legalfalcon,

I am facing a problem with my NOC. SO really hope that you can give me some advice and feedback on this.

in my NOC it is written as bellows in the employment requirement section-

• A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics is usually required.
  • Purchasing agents and officers purchasing specialized materials or business services may require a related university degree or college diploma. For example, a bachelor's degree or college diploma in engineering may be required for purchasers of industrial products.
  • A certificate in purchasing from the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) may be required.
  • Previous experience as a purchasing clerk or as an administrative clerk may be required.
  • Certification from the International Right of Way Association (IRWA) may be required.

But unfortunately, I have graduated on Electrical Engineering without any certification on as a purchasing agent which is my NOC, also I have joined directly as a purchasing agent without any experience. In this scenario, do you think this might cause me any problem in my PR application ?

Is there any way I can solve this issue ?

Thank you so much and hope there will be a positive response from your side :)

BR

mynametina

Aug 22, 2017
Thank you legalfalcon. will they go into details of my TRV visa application approved last year to check whether i mentioned this in it or not? Will this create an issue? if this comes up, how do i handle?