+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Hi friends,

I have an urgent question. I live in the U.S., but I'm from Ghana. My AOR is 15th May 2017.

I think I have a pretty straightforward application; I'm single, no dependents, software engineer at Apple.

I only just paid attention to CIC's page on Ghana PCC - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/africa/ghana.asp

It says you should wait for a letter from CIC before obtaining a PCC from Ghana, and at the time of your application you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

I got a PCC from Ghana and included it with my application upfront, together with the U.S. FBI report. Obviously I didn't follow CIC's guidelines to the letter. I'm afraid I could be rejected. What do you kind folks suggest I do?

Thank you.
If I were you I would submit this PCC on hand together with an LOE with below points:
1. Acknowledgement of the PCC instruction for Ghana by CIC - understand a request letter is needed for Ghaha PCC blah blah
2. Makes the required statement as instructed - 'I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate
3. Explain how your got the current Ghanaian PCC on your hand - got it from a previous application? Got it accidentally without being asked for a request letter by Ghana authority while you were not aware of the instruction? Make sure you explain in details that this PCC is obtained from proper channels
4. Offer to CIC that if the attached current Ghanaian PCC is not acceptable, you will re-apply for another one once you receive the official request letter from CIC.

Of course presumably your current Ghanaian PCC is valid (as per CIC requirements), in a standard format and obtained from the regular authority through proper channels. If there's the slightest doubt/question in its origin, you should probably withhold it from submission and wait for the CIC request letter then re-apply with Ghananian authority for a new one.

kaegon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Are you sure we need to scan the old passport as well? I did not see any explicit ask for this. but can others seniors confirm this as well please?
Scan your old passports. i have documents bearing my old passport as i got a new passport this march 2017. my police certificate bears my old passport number. without the passport it may appear invalid. better safe than sorry!

caleb1111

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Hello all,
I previously filled out an EE profile, later realized I made a serious mistake having ticked skilled trade during the eligibility assessment so I ditched it and created another.
I withdrew from the pool (got confirmation email) and also promptly withdrew my profile from the job bank too ..
I re-entered the pool afterwards ...and so imagine my shock when I just checked this profile (I used the same email address for the previous cancelled profile and this new one which I have gotten ITA for) a while back and saw that it has been assigned a UCI number. I hope it does not affect things? Is it normal to be assigned UCI even before ITA?
Is it worth mentioning in LOE ?
Thanks all....

lsat180

Jul 7, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-03-2017
If I were you I would submit this PCC on hand together with an LOE with below points:
1. Acknowledgement of the PCC instruction for Ghana by CIC - understand a request letter is needed for Ghaha PCC blah blah
2. Makes the required statement as instructed - 'I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate
3. Explain how your got the current Ghanaian PCC on your hand - got it from a previous application? Got it accidentally without being asked for a request letter by Ghana authority while you were not aware of the instruction? Make sure you explain in details that this PCC is obtained from proper channels
4. Offer to CIC that if the attached current Ghanaian PCC is not acceptable, you will re-apply for another one once you receive the official request letter from CIC.

Of course presumably your current Ghanaian PCC is valid (as per CIC requirements), in a standard format and obtained from the regular authority through proper channels. If there's the slightest doubt/question in its origin, you should probably withhold it from submission and wait for the CIC request letter then re-apply with Ghananian authority for a new one.

Thank you very much for your response dannyhcean. I submitted a CSE on Friday, however my application just moved to IP2. So I guess I'm in the clear :)

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Hi there. In my case I have a work experience of totalling 10 years as a lecturer. Out of these 10, last 07 years have been on permanent basis, whereas the initial 03 years was contract basis, with couple of days to weeks gaps in between each contract renewal. Both, the contract based and permanent based jobs have exactly same duties and working hours. My head of department has given me the reference letter in which he mentions that I joined the department first on contract based and then my job was made permanent, but he didnt mention the small gaps in between the contract based experience and shows both contract based and permanent experience as one seamless experience. Please suggest what should I do? Should I mention the gaps? Just in case if the CIC asks for more documents in addition to reference letter, then if i havent mentioned the gaps, would this be misrepresentation? Please help.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi there. In my case I have a work experience of totalling 10 years as a lecturer. Out of these 10, last 07 years have been on permanent basis, whereas the initial 03 years was contract basis, with couple of days to weeks gaps in between each contract renewal. Both, the contract based and permanent based jobs have exactly same duties and working hours. My head of department has given me the reference letter in which he mentions that I joined the department first on contract based and then my job was made permanent, but he didnt mention the small gaps in between the contract based experience and shows both contract based and permanent experience as one seamless experience. Please suggest what should I do? Should I mention the gaps? Just in case if the CIC asks for more documents in addition to reference letter, then if i havent mentioned the gaps, would this be misrepresentation? Please help.
Small gaps of a few days or even a few weeks between contract renewals are fine.

But if it makes you feel better and gives you peace of mind, explain it in an LOE.

Good luck.

Sakibmalik

Jan 31, 2015
Hi there, i have applied on 12 July and have not submitted all pages of passport but just the information pages. also my savings is in two banks, I have got all the required things for one bank but for other just a sheet of paper with account balance and 4 months statement.

Shall I submit all the passport copies through IRCC form and also the bank statement in required format.

Really confused :(

Suggestions appreciated,

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Small gaps of a few days or even a few weeks between contract renewals are fine.

But if it makes you feel better and gives you peace of mind, explain it in an LOE.

Good luck.
Hey! Thanks. Am then ready to submit. :) Good luck to you as well.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi there, i have applied on 12 July and have not submitted all pages of passport but just the information pages. also my savings is in two banks, I have got all the required things for one bank but for other just a sheet of paper with account balance and 4 months statement.

Shall I submit all the passport copies through IRCC form and also the bank statement in required format.

Really confused :(

Suggestions appreciated,
IRCC asks for only the information pages and visa stamps, if any, on your current passport.

If the bank documents you've already sent satisfy the criteria for proof of funds (contain account number, date of opening account, bank logo and contact details, your average monthly balance etc.), you don't need to send the other bank's documents.

Good luck.

Sakibmalik

Jan 31, 2015
IRCC asks for only the information pages and visa stamps, if any, on your current passport.

If the bank documents you've already sent satisfy the criteria for proof of funds (contain account number, date of opening account, bank logo and contact details, your average monthly balance etc.), you don't need to send the other bank's documents.

Good luck.
There is no logo & date of opening rest is fine

Beran34

Jul 22, 2017
I was told and overhead some fraud, fake documents and unreal resume and work experience and lots of lies from the person who's planning to apply any programs to immigrate to Canada.
Also this person worked cash (illegally in Canada) I'm very determined to call the immigration to give this person's info. Should I or shouldn't I? I'm confused.
Thank you