+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Barca

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Hello Guys,

Your help is greatly appreciated. I went today for my upfront medical exam, I am inland applicant. The client put my exam type as NON- EDE, Visitor. I talked to them once and twice that it is for express entry, they actually requested I bring my ITA with me otherwise they will not be able to do my medicals. I showed my concern that It should be worker instead but they informed me that this is the instructions they received from CIC in December 2016 and said we can change it to worker for you if you want but then they said we do not want you to come again as changing it to worker will be the wrong choice indicating that you are applying for temporary work visa. I honestly have no idea what to do. Thank you for all of your advice

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Dear guys,
I need to submit the Police report from the Netherlands, however, CIC says that Dutch government need their official letter to issue one, and I only need to upload it after submitting my APR. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/netherlands.asp)

I don't know why but I applied for the Dutch Police Report after getting ITA and they approved my application (form, fee, and the ITA) and issued my Police Certificate already.
Should I just upload it in my e_APR or should I wait for IRCC to send me the request? I just thought that may be uploading it now might be seen as unacceptable?

Please advise. Thanks ya.

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Hi, I'm preparing my Employment letter. Could you please tell me how is the "not properly dated" issue look like? Is it the format of the date?

Thank you.

osahon

Jun 15, 2017
Hi and thank you all for your comments. This has been helpful so far. My IETLS would expire by the end of June and I have submitted my PR application. At the point of submission, the IELTS results was less than two years. Do I need to be worried and do I absolutely need to re-take the exam?

I saw this excerpt from the cic website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp) :

"Note: Your test results must be valid (less than two years old) when you complete your Express Entry profile, and when you apply for permanent residence"

"
Language testing: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

You must prove your language skills by taking a language test approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You must:

• schedule your test with an agency approved by IRCC and pay the costs
  • enter the test results into your Express Entry profile (and the Personal Information Number, if the system asks for it)
  • include the results with your application if you are invited to apply. If you don’t include it, we will not process your application.
Do not ask for your language test results to be sent directly to us. Submit your test information with your application. Keep your original test in a safe place as we may ask for it later.

What happens next
  • You can use the charts below to see what Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) [in French: Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC)] level you have based on your test results.
  • We will use the test results as proof of your language skills.
Note: Your test results must be valid (less than two years old) when you complete your Express Entry profile, and when you apply for permanent residence.
"

SandyMaple

Feb 22, 2017
Not fine. Phone and email must. Try to get letter with than information or get their business card.
My reference letter has only my manager's email id.
The HR refused to put in the phone number of my manager due to security reasons.
Is that fine?

Prt0721

Mar 26, 2017
Hello all,
I recieved an ITA under FSW category last month. I'm working as a senior software engineer in India.
While filling out work information in eAPR I came across research section that had some perplexing questions.
It says "Some jobs are regulated in Canada. You would need a license or certification to practice these jobs. Do you know if your primary occupation or trade is regulated?" I found my NOC (2173) is regulated. So I selected yes. Next question that came up is " What have you done so far to get this license or certificate? ". There's no option I can select because I haven't contacted regulatory body that issues license yet. My question is that if I select no for the first question, will that be a problem and cause my visa to be rejected? Please advise

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Next question that came up is " What have you done so far to get this license or certificate? ". There's no option I can select because I haven't contacted regulatory body that issues license yet.
What are the options that come up?

Prt0721

Mar 26, 2017
What are the options that come up?
Below are the options that came up:
-Contacted the regulatory body that issues licenses or certificates for information on the process
-Sent my education credentials, proof of skills or work experience to be assessed by the regulatory body that issues licenses or certificates
-Completed all education, language, or skills upgrade requirements
Passed all oral, written and practical exams
-Completed internship or work experience requirements
-Passed all licensing requirements and got a license or certificate to practice
-My licence from my home country was fully recognised and I have license to practice in Canada without the need to upgrade my skills

I can't select any of these options right now so may be I should select "No" or "I don't know" in the previous question asking whether I know that my primary occupation is regulated?

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Below are the options that came up:
-Contacted the regulatory body that issues licenses or certificates for information on the process
-Sent my education credentials, proof of skills or work experience to be assessed by the regulatory body that issues licenses or certificates
-Completed all education, language, or skills upgrade requirements
Passed all oral, written and practical exams
-Completed internship or work experience requirements
-Passed all licensing requirements and got a license or certificate to practice
-My licence from my home country was fully recognised and I have license to practice in Canada without the need to upgrade my skills

I can't select any of these options right now so may be I should select "No" or "I don't know" in the previous question asking whether I know that my primary occupation is regulated?
The simple answer would be to just send an email to the regulatory body inquiring about licensure. Then at least you aren't perjuring yourself on the application.

Prt0721

Mar 26, 2017
The simple answer would be to just send an email to the regulatory body inquiring about licensure. Then at least you aren't perjuring yourself on the application.
Thank you, I did that. One more question on filling out the application. I've been in the same company since the start of my career. I was an associate test engineer when I joined my company in May 2011. Within an year my title changed to associate software engineer and right now my designation is senior software engineer. However in my work history I've added only entry for NOC 2173, with current title Senior Software Engineer and selected date from May 2011 till now. Is that right or should I break down the entries based on designations although I've been in the same company?