+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

mahican

May 30, 2016
Hello everyone!

I've recently received Russian citizenship and am now on the process of relinquishing my previous one. I have to do this, because one country doesn't recognize the citizenship of the other's. However, this is a very complicated process that takes up to a year. How do you think I should fill the form in the Express Entry account, should I mention my second nationality? And if yes, wouldn't I be facing problems when it comes to collecting the documents? I'm at 468, so kind of worried now.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Venkata Srikanth said:
Thanks KKVerma for your kind words.

No nominations from any province. I applied as FSW (Out Land) with approved LMIA & Job offer. Yes I feel dejected that there is no chance given to me prove my experience.

I guess the Visa Officer has not spend enough time or make efforts go thru my experience in details being the NOC 0013 General Manager (Asia Division) from the engineering service company. In my job offer letter & my current job scope of duties matching in technical way if he can understand properly from the Oil & Gas Industry. I am in doubt the Visa office might have quickly looked in generic job duties as per the NOC to refuse my application.

Yes its bit of disappointing after getting thru lots of efforts in getting PCC from more than 4 foreign countries, IELTS, LMIA ... rejected with out a chance to to prove...

Hoping if any possibility of appeal...
Thanks
Srikanth
Hi Srikanth,

I'm so sorry about your rejection. Unfortunately, most of the immigration officers follow the NOC code and the job duties listed under each NOC as a Bible. They will not bother to think about the nature of the job and the industry and then make judgment accordingly; instead, they simply reject it as long as they see dismatches. However, writing a submission letter/explaination letter to be uploaded along with other supporting documents upon submission could help a lot because the officers do take time to read the submission letter before going into any further document review upon opening the application. Please try this approach in your future application, if you haven't tried it this time.

workharder

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-16
Hi All-I am putting this query again as i am a little confused on this.I am a PNP candidate and i have submitted the responsibilities for my latest company to the nominating province province long back but now i have been able to get more aligned responsibilities for my noc node for the current company and i want to put that in the pr application rather than the old one.What should i do.Will a new letter will be a contradiction to the old responsibility letter sent to nominating province and does cic chek with the nominating province.I wnat to send the new one with refined language and in line with Noc code for latest company.So what should i do.Friends and seniors can you help me

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
VeerBho said:
Hi I am new to this forum. I have applied for express entry PR application. In schedule A form there are two questions in point 6 D and E asking "have you ever been refused any visa to canada or other country" and " have you ever been refused admission to Canada or other country" I put NO In both questions. I got USA student visa rejection before I came to Canada as student. I didn't mention my rejection to study permit as well as work permit. Now the issue is in schedule A do I have to mentioned about USA visa refusal or don't mention in schedule A. if I say Yes may be they can ask why u didn't mention earlier in study permit and work permit.
Please advise.
You should say yes, at it is the true answer. You can add a letter and explain your mistake.

It's easy for CIC to know the truth about rejection, especially with their USA partner.

So if you lie, you will end up having a rejection; if you say the truth, there is a 50% risk to being rejected.

Venkata Srikanth

Jul 27, 2016
DamhaSirah said:
I am so sorry. Best of luck for your endeavors.
Hi all I received GCMS notes today & unfortunately my application refused .. see my notes the officer evaluation has no indication of the any issue with my experience ... notes

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Venkata Srikanth said:
Hi all I received GCMS notes today & unfortunately my application refused .. see my notes the officer evaluation has no indication of the any issue with my experience ... notes
I think some part of your post is missing. Can you please elaborate the reason for refusal.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I have a subjective query about a rejection.
My degree is in Computer science. After 2 years of low level (NOC c&d) jobs I got a skilled job 2171 (tech analyst).

Now, after 2.5 years of that I quit to do a bit of travelling with the boyfriend. When we arrived in Canada on the working holiday visa I did retail work. While there I got a retail supervisor (NOC B) job which gave me Canadian experience points.

I will shortly only be eligible for FSW however my resume is a bit up and down due to 3 years out of a career doing low level jobs while travelling.

I can prove all work I am claiming for well but is there any reason that the VO might look disfavorably on my application because of this wierd shift in careers?

I'm back on track career wise but only been in my current position for 6 months so it's not on my EE profile. Any opinions?

Canadaexp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
neorol said:
I have exactly the same question. Why did you not mention it before? I don't really know what to advise, I don't know how serious this information is for them. If you answer yes on the schedule, you should explain why you did not mention these rejections before. If you don't mention it, they might find it out themselves since USA and Canada share these information if I'm not mistaken. I hope everything will be ok, wait for more experienced members' opini
ons too. Best wishes!
HI I have the similar situation like you
What happened with your application? Is it still in process or you get PR or you get rejected
Could you please highlight.?
Thanks

Canadaexp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
GoHaPPyCaN said:
You should say yes, at it is the true answer. You can add a letter and explain your mistake.

It's easy for CIC to know the truth about rejection, especially with their USA partner.

So if you lie, you will end up having a rejection; if you say the truth, there is a 50% risk to being rejected.
I have similar situation. But what if we raise Case specific enquiry and let them know that this is genuine mistake in schedule A ans submit schedule A form with corrected information. Do they accept.?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
bellaluna said:
Great discussion :p

I know hat technically there's no rules for this but it's been hard to explain to employers since I got back. "Ah, I see you have a computing degree and helped cost forecast Nuclear Submarines for the government, but then you spent 3 years selling postcards..."

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
Canadaexp said:
I have similar situation. But what if we raise Case specific enquiry and let them know that this is genuine mistake in schedule A ans submit schedule A form with corrected information. Do they accept.?
I'd advice you to be as honest as you can, so you can still raise a CSE. Decision will be up to the officer.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Canadaexp said:
HI I have the similar situation like you
What happened with your application? Is it still in process or you get PR or you get rejected
Could you please highlight.?
Thanks
I just answered to someone, I'm not in the same situation

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
kryt0n said:
Great discussion :p

I know hat technically there's no rules for this but it's been hard to explain to employers since I got back. "Ah, I see you have a computing degree and helped cost forecast Nuclear Submarines for the government, but then you spent 3 years selling postcards..."
Changes in careers are not uncommon. Especially if you start working in a new country, where you have to start all over again.
Therefore, I would agree with bellaluna.

RachelRichard

Star Member
Dec 5, 2015
Venkata Srikanth said:

Hi venkat

Have you not tried to order gcms notes during the initial stages of your application like 1 month after your AOR?.I belive it was the SGVO officer assessing the rejection?..coz if after 1 month AOR its usually the canada ottawa officers first will assess your application..was there an interview by your employer or called by SGVO to re confirm your duties?