2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
elenama said:
Guys I've made the stupidest mistake anyone could make ever.
I selected skill level A under my express entry application by mistake, don't ask how, I got no idea.
Got an ITA and submitted my application for PR in June. It goes without saying that all my job letters and descriptions indicate NOC1311 and skill level B.
Thus doesn't have any effect on the score, but the discrepancy itself isn't minor.. Have you ever of anyone getting away with a mistake like this? Or should I be expecting my application to be rejected any day?

I know I'm an idiot but any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Send a CSE asap mentioning the mistake and explaining that it doesn't affect the point. Otherwise, I would say very high chance of rejection because of mismatch in job experience letter and noc code.

elenama said:
When you create an express entry profile, it asks for both NOC code and skill level. Basically, I created 2 profiles one after another with skill level A NOC 1111 (accounting managers) and skill level B NOC 1311 (accountants) to see if it has any effect on the total score, and then inactivated the wrong one... :eek:
if the noc code doesn't match with your supporting letter, you will probably be rejected.

Have you ordered GCMS notes? Check the R10 and A11.2 section for VO's comment.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
elenama said:
When you create an express entry profile, it asks for both NOC code and skill level. Basically, I created 2 profiles one after another with skill level A NOC 1111 (accounting managers) and skill level B NOC 1311 (accountants) to see if it has any effect on the total score, and then inactivated the wrong one... :eek:
But where can you see that in your EE profile??

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
riasat.abir said:
Send a CSE asap mentioning the mistake and explaining that it doesn't affect the point. Otherwise, I would say very high chance of rejection because of mismatch in job experience letter and noc code.
if the noc code doesn't match with your supporting letter, you will probably be rejected.

Have you ordered GCMS notes? Check the R10 and A11.2 section for VO's comment.
Yah I've sent a CSE with an explanation but you're right.
My only hope is the fact that my job description fits both codes. I guess what happens happens.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
elenama said:
Skill level is automatically assigned based on NOC. All managerial positions start with 0, for the rest what matters is second digit: 0 and 1 for A, 2 and 3 for B, 4 and 5 for C and 6 and 7 for D. Noc 1111 is lvl A and 1311 is B.

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
johnny123 said:
Skill level is automatically assigned based on NOC. All managerial positions start with 0, for the rest what matters is second digit: 0 and 1 for A, 2 and 3 for B, 4 and 5 for C and 6 and 7 for D. Noc 1111 is lvl A and 1311 is B.
I agree! We can only select NOC i.e. 1111, 0211, 2231, 9232 etc. There is no option to select skill level separately. Thanks

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
elenama said:
Send CSE ASAP with an LOE & Schedule A with properly filled Professional Experience table.

Thanks

US1876

Mar 12, 2016
Those who have gotten a rejection- have you submitted updated work reference letters when reapplying? I was rejected last March, and am hopefully gong to receive at ITA with the next draw or two (fingers crossed!). There was nothing wrong with the reference letters, and they are both from jobs that I left 2-4 years ago, so the information is exactly the same. Is it necessary to try to contact the HR person and have a more recently dated letter? Both letters were dated last October.

rudbee

Star Member
May 7, 2014
US1876 said:
Those who have gotten a rejection- have you submitted updated work reference letters when reapplying? I was rejected last March, and am hopefully gong to receive at ITA with the next draw or two (fingers crossed!). There was nothing wrong with the reference letters, and they are both from jobs that I left 2-4 years ago, so the information is exactly the same. Is it necessary to try to contact the HR person and have a more recently dated letter? Both letters were dated last October.
What was your reason for rejection?

US1876

Mar 12, 2016
rudbee said:
What was your reason for rejection?

I made a mistake in my initial application, and when everything was recalculated my score was lower than the round of invitations

CECMay

Sep 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rejected today because the LMIA I used to add 600 points to my EE profile, and subsequently obtain an ITA, had expired prior to the draw.

Feels like a bit of a technicality when the employer who got me that LMIA is still my current employer and the same one that provided a renewed offer of arranged, full-time employment within my PR application, but I can't deny that without the added 600 points my EE score would have been insufficient, so I accept CIC's decision.

That being said, my company has recently begun working with an immigration lawyer, so I will see if there is any legal magic they can work to overturn the decision. Failing that I'll just have to reapply. If that happens I think I'll go PNP instead of LMIA, seems faster and more reliable.

CECMay

Sep 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update to my above (apparently cannot edit posts), in case this benefits anyone else potentially reading this and in the same situation:

Turns out using an expired LMIA on your application is okay but only in certain cases. Apparently I'm not allowed to post links, but suffice it to say there is a CIC page with the heading "LMIA requirements for temporary foreign workers applying for Express Entry", under which it mentions that "Express Entry candidates who are employed in Canada on a temporary resident work permit that was issued based on a positive LMIA do not need to acquire a new LMIA to support their expression of interest, even if the assessment expiry date posted on their LMIA has passed", but, you must meet all of the conditions.

In my case, the one that I did not meet was that my current work permit is not tied to my employer (it is an LMIA-exempt work permit).
This still feels like kind of a technicality to me, but oh well, will get a new LMIA and reapply I suppose.

VeerBho

Nov 9, 2016
Hi I am new to this forum. I have applied for express entry PR application. In schedule A form there are two questions in point 6 D and E asking "have you ever been refused any visa to canada or other country" and " have you ever been refused admission to Canada or other country" I put NO In both questions. I got USA student visa rejection before I came to Canada as student. I didn't mention my rejection to study permit as well as work permit. Now the issue is in schedule A do I have to mentioned about USA visa refusal or don't mention in schedule A. if I say Yes may be they can ask why u didn't mention earlier in study permit and work permit.
Please advise.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
VeerBho said:
Hi I am new to this forum. I have applied for express entry PR application. In schedule A form there are two questions in point 6 D and E asking "have you ever been refused any visa to canada or other country" and " have you ever been refused admission to Canada or other country" I put NO In both questions. I got USA student visa rejection before I came to Canada as student. I didn't mention my rejection to study permit as well as work permit. Now the issue is in schedule A do I have to mentioned about USA visa refusal or don't mention in schedule A. if I say Yes may be they can ask why u didn't mention earlier in study permit and work permit.
Please advise.
I have exactly the same question. Why did you not mention it before? I don't really know what to advise, I don't know how serious this information is for them. If you answer yes on the schedule, you should explain why you did not mention these rejections before. If you don't mention it, they might find it out themselves since USA and Canada share these information if I'm not mistaken. I hope everything will be ok, wait for more experienced members' opinions too. Best wishes!