Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Done....
05-07-2016
Hi Everyone,

CIC recently gave me a 60-day extension after AOR because of delayed police report (FBI). However, I will be leaving the USA and moving to my home country on August 19th. Let's say I receive a report from FBI on August 12. Would CIC ask for another police report from USA because of the gap between 12-19 August? Would they reject the application?

Thanks for your help!

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
linandzou said:
It has been almost two months and my BG check changed into 2nd in progress two weeks ago.
My BG changed to in progress on 13 July.. so far, no further update.
Should i suspect something wrong?

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Dear All seniors,

I would like to rephrase my concern that whether I may get rejection because there is no company fax, telephone, email in my Letter of Reference.

The fact is, on my company official letter, there is only address, company name and logo on the header of the letter paper.
There is no company fax, telephone, email address.

But I asked my manager write his office phone, mobile phone, email address under his signature on the Reference Letter.

So will it be considered as "no company phone, fax" and then I may get rejection?

Please kindly share your suggestion.
Thanks!

malican

May 24, 2016
fkl said:
You can certainly try. The point is that CIC's criteria for deciding to reopen a case or not is primarily based upon information provided at the time of eApr i.e. original application. If your subsequent letter addresses their concern they would simply say, reapply and you should be fine. An application is only reopened if

a) CIC made a mistake in assessing your docs OR
b) They seem to be requiring additional documentation that was not asked at all and there is no way applicant was expected to have submitted it in advance.

Your case doesn't seem to fall in either of above. So its better not to waste time and effort IMHO.
Hi Fkl - just to clarify. Are you saying that CIC's judges your application based on the information stated and points at the point of submitting and app and receiving an APR?

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
hhhh said:
Dear All seniors,

I would like to rephrase my concern that whether I may get rejection because there is no company fax, telephone, email in my Letter of Reference.

The fact is, on my company official letter, there is only address, company name and logo on the header of the letter paper.

But I asked my manager write his office phone, mobile phone, email address under his signature on the Reference Letter.

So will it be considered as "no company phone, fax" and then I may get rejection?

Thanks!
In that case you can get your manager's business card and attach with the letter. If you have already submitted your application and documents, you can submit via CSE.

DW

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
24-08-2016
hhhh said:
Dear All seniors,

Thanks!
It is absolutely fine as long as you have mentioned your manager's contact details.
Raising CSE will do no good. Its fine.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
abdulqayyum said:
My BG changed to in progress on 13 July.. so far, no further update.
Should i suspect something wrong?
No - Its been only a little over 3 months now post AOR. Patience. Their "standard" processing time is 6 months - However, on an average, applicants get their PPRs within 4 - 5 months of submission of application.

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
MrTee,

Thanks for your reply.
I will attach my manager's business card.

MrTee said:
In that case you can get your manager's business card and attach with the letter. If you have already submitted your application and documents, you can submit via CSE.

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Thanks for your reply.
Coz I see the requirement is the reference letter must include: company's phone, fax, etc., so I asked this question

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),

Then I think the purpose of the requirement just ensure there is someone in the company can contact to confirm the work experience I provided.

DW said:
It is absolutely fine as long as you have mentioned your manager's contact details.
Raising CSE will do no good. Its fine.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
hhhh said:
Thanks for your reply.
Coz I see the requirement is the reference letter must include: company's phone, fax, etc., so I asked this question
Then I think the purpose of the requirement just ensure there is someone in the company can contact to confirm the work experience I provided.
They would definitely not work about the company fax / telephone number not being present. Also, if the details of your manager are given (official email ID) they would directly contact your manager for any reference.

Lastly, if your company is legitimate and has some web footprint they will use that to ratify the legitimacy of the company.

DW

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
24-08-2016
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
They would definitely not work about the company fax / telephone number not being present. Also, if the details of your manager are given (official email ID) they would directly contact your manager for any reference.

Lastly, if your company is legitimate and has some web footprint they will use that to ratify the legitimacy of the company.
I second that.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
malican said:
Hi Fkl - just to clarify. Are you saying that CIC's judges your application based on the information stated and points at the point of submitting and app and receiving an APR?
Hi malican,

Its not clear to me what you are trying to evaluate here.

Yes they assess it based upon the information you provided WHEN you submitted your application. E.g. if you didn't submit a mandatory document like Police clearance with your application, submitting it latter wont make any difference.

They would say that your original application wasn't complete. Additional info is only accepted if it is truly considered additional and CIC only asked for it latter.

Also SOME change in circumstances AFTER submission doesn't change any thing. E.g. if you got married after eApr / AOR it doesn't change your points. But if you got married before that, your points will be recalculated.

Still some things have to stay the same throughout the PR process. CIC calls it MEC, minimum eligibility criteria, such as that for CEC.

malican

May 24, 2016
fkl said:
Hi malican,

Its not clear to me what you are trying to assess here.

Yes they assess it based upon the information you provided WHEN you submitted your application. E.g. if you didn't submit a mandatory document like Police clearance with your application, submitting it latter wont make any difference.

They would say that your original application wasn't complete. Additional info is only accepted if it is truly considered additional and CIC only asked for it latter.

Also SOME change in circumstances AFTER submission doesn't change any thing. E.g. if you got married after eApr / AOR it doesn't change your points. But if you got married before that, your points will be recalculated.

Still some things have to stay the same throughout the PR process. CIC calls it MEC, minimum eligibility criteria, such as that for CEC.
Hi Fkl - thanks for info. To clarify - what I am wondering is -

1) Does CIC judge your application based on the info there at the point of receiving an ITA or at the point of your submitting the application? I ask this because I saw another NOC code that my job description could possibly fall under (from a 0 to a 1). So I am wondering if I do not change it now and change it at the time of submitting the app could it jeopardize my submission to CIC?

2) If I do not change it now (awaiting OINP nomination) could that be misrepresentation? I saw in previous posts where applicants put one NOC and was disqualified because CIC thought it was different. Although in my case I see based on the job descriptions I believe it can be used interchangeably as they are close - I just feel like putting the lower NOC to be safe (this is a 1 year job btw, before this I had an 11 year job).

3) How do they judge a 1 year job? Does that count?

Your thoughts? Let me know if I need to clear up. Thank you!

ajibass

Dec 28, 2015
I applied for SINP and my application is currently "In Process''. I just discover that one of my daughters name was misplaced by her sister name on the family members detail session of the online application, although the birth date is still the right one. Kindly advice me on the way forward to rectify this.

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Thanks PiyushAgrawal06121985 and DW for your kindly reply!

PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:

DW said:
I second that.