+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

u2c

Star Member
Jan 20, 2010
Nitz_Au said:
My first application was rejected and received an email that I have a new message on MyCIC account. It was PDF file stating the reason for rejection.
When u reapplied did u create a new profile

navi9

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
hey can any one help me out.. i have more than 3 years of experience as medical sales representative after graduation in inida and while applying for study permit to canada in 2013 i have submitted my original experince letter to cic as i thought i wont need it again. but for in order to apply for express entry again i need my experience letter and now all the management has been changed and they dont have my records. But i have few paystubs with me and i convinced new manager that i worked in this company and he is willing to provide experience letter, now the problem is with the dates as i forgot the dates mentioned during study permit would that be a problem. does they verify study permit documents in background verification.

oldenuf

Mar 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2017
u2c said:
Thanks Piyush

Ya i have already got the revised roles & resp on letter head this time. Earlier i had submitted a affadavit since i could get my manager (he was away) to sign it and HR wouldn't sign without Approved IT manager SIgn.

Do you think it is possible for the officer now to accept it or chances are very less.Will SINP give me a revision for the same. Please help guys. Not much time left as My pcc will cross 6 months old on 15 august. Will i need a new PCC for submission
Did you submit your offer letter? pay stubs or a letter from supervisor ? or any other documents proving that you are currently working ? how many years of experience do you have?

Sep 20, 2015
ButterflyChemist said:
There seems to be a lot of mystery about your case. If your work permit is LMIA exempt then you job is not offer doesn't qualify for 600 points. If you cannot counter the points made in your refusal then you must accept it and from what I've read of your post you've provided no information that actually counters what the agent has said. You can work until your BOWP expires so take the time to figure out your next steps for PR. Good luck
Well. If I understand you say If my Work Permit is LMIA exempt then the job offer doesn't qualify for 600 points, so it means that I will have to graduate a university just to be a car mechanic and have my English language points max possible. Just to get enough points. Other thing is I found this job but I had to became a skilled worker so it means I had to get my Read Seal done. My first visa at arrival was valid for one year. I had to get new one to be able to work and legally remain in the country. After Red Seal there was no need for LMIA i guess. So i wonder how it is possible that people need to have job offer and be skilled If in the time when you are skilled you loose job offer??? And then the whole story goes. On CIC web site for Express Entry LMIA exempt was info that If I work for the same employer and I'm a skilled worker I don't need to renew my LMIA.... I have never seen any info saying that If LMIA is not need the job offer is not valid for 600 points. My two other friends I know ( they work in different places ) work on the same rules, the same kind of workshop and they become PR last year with minimum problems, and 600 points were given to them relying on job offers......

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
u2c said:
I meant my pr was refused so i want to delete that from express entry and create a new EE profile
You cannot delete the old profile. Dont worry about it and create a new one.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
NotAnotherJonny said:
Well. If I understand you say If my Work Permit is LMIA exempt then the job offer doesn't qualify for 600 points, so it means that I will have to graduate a university just to be a car mechanic and have my English language points max possible. Just to get enough points. Other thing is I found this job but I had to became a skilled worker so it means I had to get my Read Seal done. My first visa at arrival was valid for one year. I had to get new one to be able to work and legally remain in the country. After Red Seal there was no need for LMIA i guess. So i wonder how it is possible that people need to have job ofer and be skilled If in the time when you are skilled you loose job offer??? And then the whole story goes. On CIC web site for Express Entry LMIA exempt was info that If I work for the same employer and I'm a skilled worker I don't need to renew my LMIA.... I have never seen any info saying that If LMIA is not need the job offer is not valid for 600 points. My two other friends I know ( they work in different places ) work on the same rules, the same kind of workshop and they become PR last year with minimum problems, and 600 points were given to them relying on job offers......
I am not sure of the implication. You can certainly have an opinion. But in terms of rules, it is crystal clear - if your job is LMIA exempt, it doesn't give you 600 points - period. This applies to highly skilled workers as well as any other roles. If you cannot find the reference saying so, search a bit and ask here if you cannot locate it.

Update:
Here is one reference. It also points to CIC links which says so.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-lmia-exempt-get-600-points-for-arranged-employment-t258720.0.html

Update 2:
Perfectly clear updated requirement link from CIC.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
Sep 20, 2015
fkl said:
I am not sure of the implication. You can certainly have an opinion. But in terms of rules, it is crystal clear - if your job is LMIA exempt, it doesn't give you 600 points - period. This applies to highly skilled workers as well as any other roles.

Perfectly clear updated requirement link from CIC.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp
Thank you. Good stuff. But I can see CIC modified the page in June 2016 and don't know if this is new page about LMIA exemption or an old one updated. Under this link it clearly says that the LMIA can be expired but Work permit must be still the same what was issued with LMIA and valid. So this explains why my situation didn't work.
Now, the old CIC web site said only I need to have a valid work permit for the same employer. Not the first WP issued with LMIA.
And I have applied with this information. Also when I applied for new Work Permits , I had to upload my LMIA anyway every time to continue the application. Both came back with a note It is a pilot project, but it never said it was an LMIA exempt. Specially the first renewal, I wasn't a skilled worker and WP was issued after I had to obtain LMO. So It looks like I didn't need LMO for that WP. It's a big loop here of YES and NO.
Project name: Alberta Occupation Pilot Project - OB 279-E.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
NotAnotherJonny said:
Thank you. Good stuff. But I can see CIC modified the page in June 2016 and don't know if this is new page about LMIA exemption or an old one updated. Under this link it clearly says that the LMIA can be expired but Work permit must be still the same what was issued with LMIA and valid. So this explains why my situation didn't work.
Now, the old CIC web site said only I need to have a valid work permit for the same employer. Not the first WP issued with LMIA.
And I have applied with this information. Also when I applied for new Work Permits , I had to upload my LMIA anyway every time to continue the application. Both came back with a note It is a pilot project, but it never said it was an LMIA exempt. Specially the first renewal, I wasn't a skilled worker and WP was issued after I had to obtain LMO. So It looks like I didn't need LMO for that WP. It's a big loop here of YES and NO.
Project name: Alberta Occupation Pilot Project - OB 279-E.
You are welcome. I am pretty sure CIC website always said the same since numerous friends including myself went through PR process early in the express entry stream (early, mid to late 2015 - and as recent as early 2016). It was clear to every one (those with LMIA based work permits as well as those without it, who gets what score), e.g. a friend was a post doc researcher working at an LMIA exempt position whose PR app was returned in 2014 due to CEC cap being filled.

He added his ECA and every thing and scored around 500 points for age, education and canadian experience but no 600 for job offer. Same applies to all other cases.

Also i find it pretty strange that you had to upload an expired LMIA for continuity of a pilot project / LMIA exempt work permit.

I have never experienced this, nor have heard from any one else either, and i have personally been through both i.e. first came here on an LMIA based work permit, latter had an LMIA exempt work permit, before getting a PR.

An expired LMIA is of no importance to CIC.

jasindia

Jul 21, 2016
hello everyone
very good forum, get much knowledge from it .moreover, it feels good to see how every one is helping each other as we all have same goal.
I have a question about ECA submission as i can not see the field where i have submitted my ECA reference no. is this normal or my ECA no is not transmitted?
secondly, are there two applications submitted shown in your my cic login account as one for permanent residency and second for express entry ?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
jasindia said:
hello everyone
very good forum, get much knowledge from it .moreover, it feels good to see how every one is helping each other as we all have same goal.
I have a question about ECA submission as i can not see the field where i have submitted my ECA reference no. is this normal or my ECA no is not transmitted?
secondly, are there two applications submitted shown in your my cic login account as one for permanent residency and second for express entry ?
Not very sure about ECA # but if you provided the actual document too, there should be little to worry.

Yes it is normal to have two entries in my cic. The one for express entry is for ITA (since that is a separate process of selecting candidates).

Once you receive an ITA it is a standard PR application based on one of the actual PR programs.

goutcha123

Jul 5, 2016
navi9 said:
hey can any one help me out.. i have more than 3 years of experience as medical sales representative after graduation in inida and while applying for study permit to canada in 2013 i have submitted my original experince letter to cic as i thought i wont need it again. but for in order to apply for express entry again i need my experience letter and now all the management has been changed and they dont have my records. But i have few paystubs with me and i convinced new manager that i worked in this company and he is willing to provide experience letter, now the problem is with the dates as i forgot the dates mentioned during study permit would that be a problem. does they verify study permit documents in background verification.
I'm also a pharmaceutical rep and also the organization changed :) so here what you have to do if you got the letter from the new administration it's fine , if not write a statutory declaration with all the information cic request and also explain in this letter why you couldn't get the original letter in the first place and proof of what you are saying . Once you do the letter go to the city hall and ask for an oath commissioner . You will swear in front of this guy and boom it's done .

DW

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
24-08-2016
navi9 said:
Atleast you can verify the joining dates from your appointment letter.
Moreover, you will have to provide Employment Reference Letter to mycic once you receive ITA.
Experience letter alone won't do.
I too applied for EEntry based on Pharma sales rep exp. Let me know if you need any other help to get the reference letter.
+1 if it was useful.

Kirkoven

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
Doc's Request.
20-07-2016
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
23-02-2016
Guys & gals,

Based on your readings, were there many cases of rejections after schedule A request five months after AOR?

What is the probability of rejection at this time?

Igo

Dec 8, 2015
Hi, everybody!
I need you advise in my situation.
I have been nominated by Saskatchewan Province and get ITA by CIC under Express Entry program. I was nominated under International Skilled Worker (4011). I am working as Associate Professor in University. After I submitted all the needed documents except police good conduct certificate. I received a letter stated that everything is ok with my application and just need to wait medical and police approval and that I have to pay Right of Permanent Residence Fee. I have paid and after I submit my police certificate I have received nest day the letter stated that I do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. The reason was that “The letters of employment you provided do not provide sufficient evidence to satisfy me that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement, or that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC – 4011”. The letter did not include job description and amount of hours per week. They did not ask to change the ref letter, they just refuse and closed the application. Before this at all stages the reference letter was acceptable...Then I asked Saskatchewan Province to link the nomination with my new EE profile because the nomination is valid until 22 Aug 2016. They also refused, stating that I can use only one time this nominations. I also can not apply for new nomination because they closed my work (4011) for new streams. I understand that technically I made a mistake because my letter did not contain job description..I wounder what Associate professor can do other than deliver lectures and etc. But if without emotions, can anybody advise what I still can do. Thank you.