+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
crbj said:
I wish I could join this forum earlier. Just got refusal today :(

I got nominated by Ontario (Human Capital Stream) in Nov 2015. Invited and submitted my application in the same month. After 6 months of waiting, I received the refusal message this afternoon.

They gave me two reasons. Both of them relate to my reference letters. I worked for two companies before. One for 4 months (Company A) and the other 14 months (Company B) by the time I submitted my application.

The first reason is that the reference letter of Company B doesn't demonstrate substantial number of main duties of NOC. I admitted this is my problem as the reference letter is too brief. I didn't pay any attention to this reference letter because I used the same one for my PNP application.

The second reason is that the reference letter of Company A doesn't demonstrate that I worked for 12 months. I don't understand this one. My total work experience was 18 months in total. Why do I have to work for 12 months at Company A?

This is because under FSW, you must have at least 12 months of "continuous" experience under one NOC. If you have this, then you can sum of all other periods of experience even if they are under different NOCs. The VO might not have been satisfied that you worked for at least 12 months "Continuously" under one NOC. This was discussed long back in the thread "Express Entry in a Nutshell". This might explain the refusal reason B highlighted above.

I am in a tough situation right now. My PNP just expired 8 days ago. I will get 460 points at the end of next month. But I noticed recent draws require around 470 points.

My question is:
1. If I submit a CSE with a new reference letter from Company B, is it possible that my application will be reopened?

Suggest you to raise a CSE and provide them with updated, more comprehensive documentation that might help the officer to change his decision. Please do NOT upload the updated version of the same letter. Also, write a very polite LOE explaining your situation and the facts in detail. This might help.

2. Can someone explain the second reason they gave me? Is it their fault? Or is it possible to appeal?

Explained above.

Thank you guys in advance!

Wish you good luck and all the very best!

Aspirant2506

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Guys,

Any idea on how this "Check your Application Status" tab works on cic website ??

I have been trying the same with my details, but couldn't fetch any data. To my knowledge i am providing all my details right, but still it does not work. Is this tab for any use, any suggestions on this ?

I get the below result after filling in all my details.
-------------------------------------------------------
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It doesn't work for Express Entry applicants anymore. It is mainly for paper-based PR applicants now.

Aspirant2506 said:
Guys,

Any idea on how this "Check your Application Status" tab works on cic website ??

I have been trying the same with my details, but couldn't fetch any data. To my knowledge i am providing all my details right, but still it does not work. Is this tab for any use, any suggestions on this ?

I get the below result after filling in all my details.
-------------------------------------------------------
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
bellaluna said:
It doesn't work for Express Entry applicants anymore. It is mainly for paper-based PR applicants now.
Yup. Its quite confusing to a lot of people even now!

xheikh

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Hi,

I have a quick question.

I got my PR application approved and got my COPR. I have Ontario PNP and currently living in Montreal-Quebec.

How I will proceed for my Landing as on my COPR the landing city and Province is Ottawa- Ontario.

I got a lease for house from Cornwall-Ontario which will start from July 15th and I will move there at that time.

Can I do landing now by showing my Cornwall address or wait for 15th July. Will I go to border or do it from Ottawa immigration office.

Need help please suggest.

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
xheikh said:
Hi,

I have a quick question.

I got my PR application approved and got my COPR. I have Ontario PNP and currently living in Montreal-Quebec.

How I will proceed for my Landing as on my COPR the landing city and Province is Ottawa- Ontario.

I got a lease for house from Cornwall-Ontario which will start from July 15th and I will move there at that time.

Can I do landing now by showing my Cornwall address or wait for 15th July. Will I go to border or do it from Ottawa immigration office.

Need help please suggest.

Thanks
You can do landing now - but do expect it to take longer since they would grind your intended move to some extent.

Your best bet - do landing at CIC office. They understand it better and it would be easier to do it there.

Second option is to do it at Cornwall border. There is a chance that they might not see any concerns in it at all and do it smoothly.

The last option is to go to Quebec border. You can still land there (I have done that in similar circumstances). But it was not simple by any means. They asked for a lot more documentation to be sure of moving out of Quebec related stuff / while still living in Montreal and took much time.

Also carry every thing that you used in your application since it might be needed.

One of the most important things could be your lease from Ontario. Any work prospects if you are changing jobs too and basically all proof of intent of moving out that you submitted with your actual PR application.

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
Hi Guys,
i got gcms notes ordered on 3 May, 1 month post AOR. 2 days ago i got it, there is nothing useful information except followingou
a. my application has been sent for R10 review
b. medical passed, which i already know
b. my edu ECA is verified and found consistent
d. spouse education: no eca or Canadian credential provided
e. spouse highest level of edu: secon/HS credential incomplete

Please help to cater the last 2 points, i am not claiming points for spouse edu. i just shared post graduation degrees, does it means high secondary cert not provided, if it is, then should cse them?

Thanks.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
abdulqayyum said:
Hi Guys,
i got gcms notes ordered on 3 May, 1 month post AOR. 2 days ago i got it, there is nothing useful information except followingou

Please help to cater the last 2 points, i am not claiming points for spouse edu. i just shared post graduation degrees, does it means high secondary cert not provided, if it is, then should cse them?

Thanks.
Hi You ordered GCMS a few weeks early.
I would say re apply for GCMS. Generally the GCMS are dated a few days after you apply for instance my GCMS was 5th April and was dated 7th. however i recieved it on 20th April.

So if you apply again now you will get information as on 27th. which will confirm your R10 status etc.

Just out of curosity did you recieve any ghost emai in between the time your R10 was sent and now. If yes, most likely your file has moved forward.

francish

May 6, 2015
Hi everyone, I got a BCPNP Nomination and an ITA to apply in April. I finished my Master's program in December here in Canada, and i had to wait 5 months to get a PGWP. Now i've got it and I've got a job. The problem is, my bank statements would not show that i have sufficient funds.

So here is my question, Is there anyway I can explain my job as a proof of funds, or should i just decline the invitation and wait till i have a good amount? The PNP nomination expires in August, plus i already did a medical and i'm guessing that expires as well.

Any suggestions, and the ugly truth is very welcome.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abdulqayyum said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks.
Does the gcms notes usually come in mail or email?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
^ There is the option to choose email or mail (DVD).

francish said:
Hi everyone, I got a BCPNP Nomination and an ITA to apply in April. I finished my Master's program in December here in Canada, and i had to wait 5 months to get a PGWP. Now i've got it and I've got a job. The problem is, my bank statements would not show that i have sufficient funds.

So here is my question, Is there anyway I can explain my job as a proof of funds, or should i just decline the invitation and wait till i have a good amount? The PNP nomination expires in August, plus i already did a medical and i'm guessing that expires as well.

Any suggestions, and the ugly truth is very welcome.
I feel there's still some missing information...sorry, I'm not as familiar with the BC PNP nomination requirements or process, do they really send EE nominations without checking if the applicant qualifies for a federal stream EE?
Basically, you don't need to show funds if you are qualified as a CEC candidate, or if you have a job offer with LMIA.
You need to show funds if you are qualified as an FSW candidate.
If you must wait until August to earn those funds, then you have to decline the ITAs until then.

francish

May 6, 2015
bellaluna said:
^ There is the option to choose email or mail (DVD).

I feel there's still some missing information...sorry, I'm not as familiar with the BC PNP nomination requirements or process, do they really send EE nominations without checking if the applicant qualifies for a federal stream EE?
Basically, you don't need to show funds if you are qualified as a CEC candidate, or if you have a job offer with LMIA.
You need to show funds if you are qualified as an FSW candidate.
If you must wait until August to earn those funds, then you have to decline the ITAs until then.
I don't think i am qualified for CEC. I worked for over a year as a Research Assistant in my University, but I was working with a study permit and I don't think that would count. I had the funds when i got the nomination from BC, I don't have it right now though. Should i decline?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
francish said:
I don't think i am qualified for CEC. I worked for over a year as a Research Assistant in my University, but I was working with a study permit and I don't think that would count. I had the funds when i got the nomination from BC, I don't have it right now though. Should i decline?
OK, yes, you have to decline for now. CIC is strict about the funds, you can't even have an eligible EE profile if your funds are below the LICO.