+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

big fish

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Dear BOWPR,

this is so sad. Unfortunately, red seal is not considered to be an education credential. I wonder if WES did smth wrong about your evaluation. Is there any chance to appeal it with WES?
Sure, send CSE, try all you can do.

I wonder if getting LMIA or provincial nomination would work better for you. This is so much extra effort :'( though.
Sorry to hear about your rejection man. :'(

BOWPR

Dec 12, 2015
canada_CEC2410 said:
Sorry to hear your rejection mate. I remember you are the person who posted a thread about the Bridging workpermit refused. May I know is the mistake is from your end are from CIC. Did you claimed wrong credentials in your profile.
Cheers, true. I see now why they refused the BOWP. No mistakes that I am aware of, I provided all required documents.

BOWPR

Dec 12, 2015
big fish said:
Dear BOWPR,

this is so sad. Unfortunately, red seal is not considered to be an education credential. I wonder if WES did smth wrong about your evaluation. Is there any chance to appeal it with WES?
Sure, send CSE, try all you can do.

I wonder if getting LMIA or provincial nomination would work better for you. This is so much extra effort :'( though.
Sorry to hear about your rejection man. :'(
Cheers. I believe WES gave a wrong evaluation. Horrible company to deal with though. I did try contacting them, they never replied to emails and tried calling dozens of times. Ran out of patience. I figured I would be OK with my Canadian Red Seal. This is the first I've heard the red seal cert is not a education credential.

On the CRS tool these are the education options.

4) What is the highest level of education for which you have obtained?
a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate; or
an Educational Credential Assessment? (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)

Say's right there, Canadian Certificate which is what I have.

I then have two options under that heading,

One year program at uni, collage, trade school etc or Bachelor degree at uni collage, trade school etc.

Wont really know for sure until I contact CIC.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BOWPR said:
Cheers. I believe WES gave a wrong evaluation. Horrible company to deal with though. I did try contacting them, they never replied to emails and tried calling dozens of times. Ran out of patience. I figured I would be OK with my Canadian Red Seal. This is the first I've heard the red seal cert is not a education credential.

On the CRS tool these are the education options.

4) What is the highest level of education for which you have obtained?
a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate; or
an Educational Credential Assessment? (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)

Say's right there, Canadian Certificate which is what I have.

I then have two options under that heading,

One year program at uni, collage, trade school etc or Bachelor degree at uni collage, trade school etc.

Wont really know for sure until I contact CIC.
Might get stuck as the certificate they are likely referring to is the qualification that the trade school issue, not the Red Seal.

For example in BC, you can complete the carpentry apprenticeship without gaining your red seal. You would have the graduation certificate from school. Red Seal is optional.

Thats all I can think of, hope I'm wrong!

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
BOWPR said:
Cheers, true. I see now why they refused the BOWP. No mistakes that I am aware of, I provided all required documents.
I hope you can ask CIC to re-open your case ,if there is any chance. I am worried now after seeing 3 refusals after RPRF . So far I thought RPRF means at least 90% am nearer to the PPR, but now I am scared of every day. By the way I am a OINP-CEC PNP. I got RPRF request on Nov 18th and till that time I am waiting for update.

big fish

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
BOWPR,

totally agree with you on that quote. I wrote my previous reply since I remember similar case on this forum few months ago. I hope you find out smth positive for your case by reaching to wes or by cse.

BOWPR

Dec 12, 2015
ozlis said:
Might get stuck as the certificate they are likely referring to is the qualification that the trade school issue, not the Red Seal.

For example in BC, you can complete the carpentry apprenticeship without gaining your red seal. You would have the graduation certificate from school. Red Seal is optional.

Thats all I can think of, hope I'm wrong!
All I can do is laugh to be honest. I've applied for PR under skilled trades as a Plumber. I'm qualified at home and here (Red Seal) but for some reason CIC believe I am not educated enough and refused my skilled worker PR application. Ironic is the word. They've clearly got some issues which I guess can only be resolved over time, new system and all that.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BOWPR said:
All I can do is laugh to be honest. I've applied for PR under skilled trades as a Plumber. I'm qualified at home and here (Red Seal) but for some reason CIC believe I am not educated enough and refused my skilled worker PR application. They've clearly got some issues which I guess can only be resolved over time, new system and all that.
I didn't even try to apply with my spouse as the principal applicant, he is a helicopter engineer. He has everything from home but none of the assessment services are able to do an ECA on his qualifications, so we were going to convert and sit the exams etc. He still would not be able to apply for the skilled trades with a Canadian licence as get this, it is a federal qualification and they require provincial.

The only way he could do it is with a job offer.

You wonder some times!

BOWPR

Dec 12, 2015
canada_CEC2410 said:
I hope you can ask CIC to re-open your case ,if there is any chance. I am worried now after seeing 3 refusals after RPRF . So far I thought RPRF means at least 90% am nearer to the PPR, but now I am scared of every day. By the way I am a OINP-CEC PNP. I got RPRF request on Nov 18th and till that time I am waiting for update.
Cheers, I feel your pain. All you can do is let it go and deal with the situation if it arises. Being scared wont get you approved so its unnecessary right now.

BOWPR

Dec 12, 2015
ozlis said:
I didn't even try to apply with my spouse as the principal applicant, he is a helicopter engineer. He has everything from home but none of the assessment services are able to do an ECA on his qualifications, so we were going to convert and sit the exams etc. He still would not be able to apply for the skilled trades with a Canadian licence as get this, it is a federal qualification and they require provincial.

The only way he could do it is with a job offer.

You wonder some times!
That's what I did, converted my licence to Canadian, they gave me a temp one and allowed me to sit the exam here which I passed. Unlike WES a private company, Ontario's collage of trades certainly don't deem my education equivalent to just Canadian Secondary School. If they did, I would of never been allowed take the test.

Unfortunately for myself and your spouse / skilled workers we're caught in some red tape riff raff. CIC have got to work something out with the credential assessment company's with regards to trades and licences. I suppose the only way is to make them aware of it and go from there.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
valsanail said:
Hello dear experts, please kindly provide me some help with my future documents uploading. Everythkng looks all right until you begin thinking of details...
1) do we need to provide all the pages of our current passport or only those with stamps, and also wouldn't it be smart to upload the pages of the previous invalid passport? I ask coz I have noticed somewhere here that people got rejected for failing it.
As it is CIC only asks for the bio pages, so no need to upload any other. This should be clear on you personalized list of documents.
2) do I need to provide all the same for my spouse, although her previous expired passport was lost, and she has only the current one?
Same as above. No need for old expired passports.
3) in which section would it be suitable to upload the Ielts certificate?

krsenthilkumaran

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Chennai,India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
valsanail said:
Hello dear experts, please kindly provide me some help with my future documents uploading. Everythkng looks all right until you begin thinking of details...
1) do we need to provide all the pages of our current passport or only those with stamps, and also wouldn't it be smart to upload the pages of the previous invalid passport? I ask coz I have noticed somewhere here that people got rejected for failing it.
2) do I need to provide all the same for my spouse, although her previous expired passport was lost, and she has only the current one?
3) in which section would it be suitable to upload the Ielts certificate?
There is no separate section for this. so i included it in my educational docs (WES Report + Degree Certificate + Degree Mark sheets + IELTS TRF)

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BOWPR said:
I just got refused PR for the reason below. I'm a Sept AOR who paid RPFF in Oct.

In your Express Entry profile you indicated as your highest level of schooling a Vocational and Technical
Education Certificate, however the Canadian equivalency of that certificate is that of a Secondary school
diploma. In accordance with paragraph 11.2, I am refusing your application because I have found that
you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given
under paragraph 10.3(1)(h).

Your point score at the time of your Invitation to Apply was: 475
Your new point score is: 350

The lowest point score in the draw that you were invited in was: 469
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

When I sent my European Trade Certificate details in to WES they gave me a terrible assessment stating my 5 Year Trade apprenticeship was only equivalent to completing Canadian Secondary School. Based on that my points sat at 350. When I added my Canadian Red Seal Certificate as another form of education my points increased to 475. I guess I got to send in a CSE?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Has your BG check ever turn "in progress"?

glen222

Nov 4, 2015
Hello there., I am in a bit of confusion here. When I applied for student visa my consultant showed 9 months of experience.
But when I came to Canada my employer was being nice and issued me 1 year experience letter, so except for study visa whenever I applied for off campus work permit, pgwp, and work visa I showed that 1 year as I had that experience letter on me.
But now my doubt is when I apply for PR, which experience should I mention. Should it be same as it was in student visa or should I continue mentioning 1 year as I have that letter.
Also I don't have paystubs for entire year. Have just for 9 months. What do I do. Please suggest

I made a very bad decision of going ahead and applying showing 1 year experience. But did not have paystubs and bank deposits to prove that. My file was refused because of insufficient documentation.

My question is can I apply again with 9 months experience(i won't have to provide any documentation as I won't get any points for that)... don't want to get banned. .please help