+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RCMP is to be provided only on request by the Visa Officer. It's clearly mentioned on CIC website that PCC's should be provided for all the countries in which the person has lived for more than 6 months except CANADA.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

It Says "Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No"

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vick3440 said:
Hi All,

I need advice on my situation. I put my Coop work Experience as full time experience, which I just got to know is not accepted as Work Experience, although it was full time and under the Coop Work Permit. I submitted my application on 3rd Oct, until that day, my experience, post Graduation, was 10 months. Now Should I quit my application and wait for another 2 months to receive another ITA?

In November 2015, I will complete 12 months of work experience and on 1st Dec, I will complete 365 calendar days of work experience.

I will highly appreciate for your suggestions.

Thanks
SM
If you got your ITA under CEC, then yes, I really hate to say it, but you should probably withdraw your application, then re-enter the pool and get another ITA as soon as you can after you actually reach 1 year of full-time Canadian experience, which is truly mandatory under that program. There is no point in waiting for them to reject you in 3 or 4 months, when you will be eligible in 6 weeks.

If you got your ITA under FSW it's more complicated. Then I would recalculate points, not counting any that were given because of Canadian experience or a combination of Canadian experience and foreign experience. I would also recalculate the length of work experience, to make sure CIC had not awarded me any points I was not entitled to.

If you recalculate your points without the Coop experience and still have more points than your draw, you're OK to proceed with your application.

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
colorblind said:
has anyone ever been rejected for not submitting the rcmp upfront?
I can't find on cic anywhere where it says that we do not need to provide pcc from Canada.
My consultant is saying that we have to.

and please spare me of the commetns like the consultant doesn't know.. I know... blah blah..

if anyone has the link on where it says on the official cic site where we have or don't have to provide the rcmp unless asked.

thanks.
Link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

"•The PCs are required upfront and mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for six or more months in a row. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional PC."

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
colorblind said:
has anyone ever been rejected for not submitting the rcmp upfront?
I can't find on cic anywhere where it says that we do not need to provide pcc from Canada.
My consultant is saying that we have to.

and please spare me of the commetns like the consultant doesn't know.. I know... blah blah..

if anyone has the link on where it says on the official cic site where we have or don't have to provide the rcmp unless asked.

thanks.
Colorblind, my consultant also told me to do the Canadian pcc upfront so I provided it when I submitted my application. (you cannot be rejected for submitting it :D). good luck to you.

Vick3440

Nov 20, 2014
dobes said:
If you got your ITA under CEC, then yes, I really hate to say it, but you should probably withdraw your application, then re-enter the pool and get another ITA as soon as you can after you actually reach 1 year of full-time Canadian experience, which is truly mandatory under that program. There is no point in waiting for them to reject you in 3 or 4 months, when you will be eligible in 6 weeks.

If you got your ITA under FSW it's more complicated. Then I would recalculate points, not counting any that were given because of Canadian experience or a combination of Canadian experience and foreign experience. I would also recalculate the length of work experience, to make sure CIC had not awarded me any points I was not entitled to.

If you recalculate your points without the Coop experience and still have more points than your draw, you're OK to proceed with your application.
Thanks Man, another question does they check for 365 calendar days for work experience or just calculate months, this is a kind of a grey area. I got ITA under CEC.

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
Vick3440 said:
What is the process of withdrawing the application after? Will I get full refund?
you will get back your landing fees (RPRF) if you paid it upfront with your application fees.

however, getting back your application fees is a hit or a miss, if your application is being worked on then you might be denied a refund.

Vick3440

Nov 20, 2014
EmmEmm said:
you will get back your landing fees (RPRF) if you paid it upfront with your application fees.

however, getting back your application fees is a hit or a miss, if your application is being worked on then you might be denied a refund.
Thanks Buddy for the information. Do you know what is the process of withdrawing the application?

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
Vick3440 said:
Hi All,

I need advice on my situation. I put my Coop work Experience as full time experience, which I just got to know is not accepted as Work Experience, although it was full time and under the Coop Work Permit. I submitted my application on 3rd Oct, until that day, my experience, post Graduation, was 10 months. Now Should I quit my application and wait for another 2 months to receive another ITA?

In November 2015, I will complete 12 months of work experience and on 1st Dec, I will complete 365 calendar days of work experience.

I will highly appreciate for your suggestions.

Thanks
SM
Coop is not counted as full time work experience.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vick3440 said:
Hey Anya,

Thanks for the response, but what is the CSE? and do you know if they refund the fees?
CSE is case-specific enquiry. Go to CIC's page and type that in and you will see your options. They will most likely refund your money, but it will take a few weeks.

Also, fill out your EE profile again in November, but if you get an ITA, do not send it in until after December 1.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Guys, is there a spreadsheet that keeps track of rejections, and reasons for rejections? I thought I saw a spreadsheet or a list like 4 or 5 months ago but can't remember which thread it was in.

Vick3440

Nov 20, 2014
dobes said:
CSE is case-specific enquiry. Go to CIC's page and type that in and you will see your options. They will most likely refund your money, but it will take a few weeks.

Also, fill out your EE profile again in November, but if you get an ITA, do not send it in until after December 1.
Thanks Dobes, your suggestion is valuable!