Reasons for Rejection

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
s-r-z said:
Purohit, Try not to be a bigot! I've been on this forum for a while and found many people asked questions on what would be the specific reasons for rejections, one of them might be expired PC and don't see any problem asking this here. And by the way, what made you feel you can determine what people ask? You don't like, ignore it, and don't order people what to do!
But why call Purohit a bigot when he is absolutely right? Threads are created for a purpose and this thread isn't for your query but for rejection reasons as has been previously stated. If everyone were to post their queries anywhere then there would be no need for threads. Why make a mountain out of a molehill?

nat29

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
I agree! People are asking questions all over the place without even looking at the topic of the thread. It's very annoying. The topics on the threads are there for a good reason. If you have a non related to the thread question, open a new thread. It takes only a sec to do and I am sure people interested in discussing it will follow you, the others will just skip it.

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
Thanks guys for the support. But I guess some ppl are just insensitive to the fact that there are lot of ppl following the threads and not just them alone. These ppl believe only their case is most important and by placing same query at multiple places they will get answer. They forget that there ppl who have been here for months and following threads and it is highly difficult to ignore comments and move on because u want to read each comment to see if there was anything you could relate to your application.

These ppl also are ignorant to the fact that the first pinned topic is for EE questions. But one thing he said right we got to ignore such ppl and move on.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Hi Guys,

Quick question: I have a MSc degree from Canada and a BSc from my home country. I have not done ECA for my foreign degree and I already said that in my EE profile, however, I have a notarized translation of it available. Do I need to also upload BSc degree translation along with my Canadian Master?

I see many people are refused due to ECA. I just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Thanks,

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
NotAnotherJonny said:
Hi I_love_van, the refusal letter was the PDF file on MyCIC account. Yes I was requested for Schedule_A as in the work history I didn't put anything
about time when I was unemployed - my bad, totally missed that. Unemployment was almost 3 years, I had many small jobs, traveled across Europe.
They asked to fill the information in that period of time, uploaded and 12 days later received refusal.

So the time line :
Jan 20 2015 - Accepted to EE pool
Jan 20 - PR application received
March 3 - request of my original CELPIP - it was original so I just re-sent it
Apr 17 - Schedule A requested for the time gap
Apr 29 - refused

Thank you guys, thanks dobes for information. I don't understand why those consultants were saying I have to wait 1 year. Now I know i don't have to.
The person at work who prepared the documents never actually did it for a foreign worker. So the whole company learns on my case :(
Hi NotAnotherJonny,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, it really help a lot.
One more question, have your ECAS ever changed to "Decision Made" before you received the refusal letter in CIC account?

GIG_Sunny

Aug 22, 2015
AAA2133 said:
Hi Guys,

Quick question: I have a MSc degree from Canada and a BSc from my home country. I have not done ECA for my foreign degree and I already said that in my EE profile, however, I have a notarized translation of it available. Do I need to also upload BSc degree translation along with my Canadian Master?

I see many people are refused due to ECA. I just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Thanks,
Hi there,

Yes you need to upload all your degree certificates starting from bachelors till Master.
Non-submission of the same may lead to rejection. Further, I believe you need to have your ECA as you have a foreign degree with you (The equivalent to Canadian qualification can be known from ECA only)

Best of luck!

Category : FSW
EE Profile created : 17-June
ITA : 20-Aug
Upfront Medical : 30-Sep
Submission :
AOR Recieved :

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Hi guys.
Do you by any chance know the answer to this question?
I have sent an application which didn't have my dependant's PCC. I included all the documents showing that I will send it in mid October and in the explanation letter, I asked them for some more time to send it to them.

I submitted my application on 12th of September. I received AOR on 13th. And so far no update on our medicals. Although we both did our meds in early August.

Do you think that the delay may be because they want to reject us for incompleteness?

Do you know if they first check meds and then, completeness or the vice versa? Do they reject for incompleteness before they even check medicals?

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
Hello all.

I need your advice. I have just been slapped for misrepresentation. I was sent a refusal letter stating that I mispresented my immigration history. What does that mean please.

On my ee profile I have mistakenly ticked that I had never been denied a visa. But when I was told to submit SchA form. I corrected that mistake and listed the countries I was denied a visa for. Can that be the reason for the refusal. Should I get a lawyer.

monsier2186

Sep 15, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
TBD
Asivad Anac said:
I'm guessing CIC needed more evidence for actual transfer of funds into the account. I hadn't attached bank statements showing the transfer and either the LOE didn't go through or wasn't convincing enough to prove that the funds were transferred into my account and that act alone explained the unreasonably large difference between average balance and present balance.

I've submitted the actual bank statements which prove the bank transfer along with a CSE.
Hi Asivad,

I wanted to understand that since your application got cancelled since they needed more evidence, did you get the "cost of recovery" fees refunded ? I am confused as to when they refund the cost of recovery & when they confiscate it. ( it reads that it will not be returned once application is in progress).

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aby444 said:
Hello all.

I need your advice. I have just been slapped for misrepresentation. I was sent a refusal letter stating that I mispresented my immigration history. What does that mean please.

On my ee profile I have mistakenly ticked that I had never been denied a visa. But when I was told to submit SchA form. I corrected that mistake and listed the countries I was denied a visa for. Can that be the reason for the refusal. Should I get a lawyer.
That most probably is the reason for refusal. Sadly, it is unlikely that they will reopen this case. The consequence of misrepresentation is you will not be able to apply again for 5 years :( . Immigration officials are extremely sensitive to details on the application and it is your responsibility to see to that that the information present on your application is valid and correct. Also, you should have raised a CSE and informed them that you have selected a wrong option by mistake and you want that to be corrected. If you had done this, then probably, they might not have rejected you right away.

I'm sorry but in my opinion, they will most probably not lend an open ear if you say you "did it by mistake". Having said that, you can most certainly hire a lawyer and see what can be done.

I wish you all the very best! Good luck!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monsier2186 said:
Hi Asivad,

I wanted to understand that since your application got cancelled since they needed more evidence, did you get the "cost of recovery" fees refunded ? I am confused as to when they refund the cost of recovery & when they confiscate it. ( it reads that it will not be returned once application is in progress).

Thanks.
Just the RPRF component. The other fee is refunded only if the application is found to be incomplete somehow and refused before they start processing the application. Such refusals are likely to be few and far between under EE because the online systems monitors application completion before you pay and submit the application.

monsier2186

Sep 15, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
TBD
Asivad Anac said:
Just the RPRF component. The other fee is refunded only if the application is found to be incomplete somehow and refused before they start processing the application. Such refusals are likely to be few and far between under EE because the online systems monitors application completion before you pay and submit the application.
Agreed.

But in your case & I guess in many others, it was not a matter of a false documents but just that CIC wanted some more documents to be accept what was claimed. This should come under incomplete application as far as I see it.

If they are to reject my application based on a something that they do not agree with, it is their perception & I would be more than happy to provide more details. The only other way is to open a CSE I see which again i suppose is chargeable.

I would be applying with my Spouse as dependent & the amount to lose would be quiet high in case they reject something on a perception rather than actual situation just cuz i failed to upload 1 more additional minor document !! :(

Any comments would be helpful.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
monsier2186 said:
Agreed.

But in your case & I guess in many others, it was not a matter of a false documents but just that CIC wanted some more documents to be accept what was claimed. This should come under incomplete application as far as I see it.

If they are to reject my application based on a something that they do not agree with, it is their perception & I would be more than happy to provide more details. The only other way is to open a CSE I see which again i suppose is chargeable.

I would be applying with my Spouse as dependent & the amount to lose would be quiet high in case they reject something on a perception rather than actual situation just cuz i failed to upload 1 more additional minor document !! :(

I don't think they charge if you choose to raise a CSE. However, it is up to the VO to decide if your application will be re-opened or not.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monsier2186 said:
Agreed.

CSE is free.

Their game, their rules. It is very likely that you won't be refunded any fees (other than the RPRF component if paid upfront) if they cancel your application after processing has begun. That's just the reality of it.

Not everyone has been penalized for partly missing/unclear/insufficient documentation. Some have received additional document requests, others have had applications reopened on the basis of CSE so it isn't all dark and dreary. All said and done, they system is driven by humans hence it can be arbitrary at time despite everyone's best efforts and one has to accept that.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aby444 said:
Hello all.

I'm very sorry to hear of your refusal. I don't think that's the reason because you corrected it when you were resent a schedule A. I think the reason is from your personal history. Have you ever travelled to the USA or Canada? If so can you remember what you filled in your personal history? Canada and USA share application details and Canada checks previous apps for discrepancies therefore if the details defer from what you currently claimed then that would be reason for misrepresentation. All the people I know who corrected their immigration history via another schedule A were eventually granted PR.

I find it weird that they didn't write the exact reason for representation on your refusal letter. I would advice you to send a CSE asking to give you a detailed reason for the refusal so you'll know where to take it from there. Remember, all hope isn't lost.