+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

canadiensedream2015

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
dobes said:
Your child's birth certificate is fine. And I suspect you did enough for your job - if they want your T4 they'll ask for it. More important is that your HR letter give all the details CIC asked for. The rest is just supporting evidence and not really necessary.

No one can tell you about your medical. That it's set to passed is a good sign, but a few people have had it change back from there. Active TB is one of the things they really want to make sure you don't bring to Canada with you, so if they are convinced that yours is inactive, you're good, and otherwise they'll want more tests. I wouldn't worry at all, as there is nothing you can do, and you know that you are not carrying active TB.
Thanks dobes. You are great!

Oka

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Did anyone submitted wes assesment with out IMM number reference number and got succeeded??

Because I did nt see anywhere about this in cic requirements.

Seniors pls confirm.

Thanks in advance

dobes said:
I would call them to be sure. I had to get a new one, but the old one I had was for a 2014 CEC application, and they did link that to why it was not electronically accessible by CIC, saying something about how they had told us in 2014 it wouldn't be good for FSW. If you got it from WES, they seem to be very good about issuing new ones where needed. We got it from ICAS, and they initially told us it would take 20 weeks for the new one, but after some frantic calling and emailing, they cut it down to 3 weeks.

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
aru_nj said:
My report too don't have any IMM numbers , but when i had ordered it for FSW 2014 in Nov. They said its accessible electronically by CIC.

Is it a new rule?

Do i need to order a new one ?
my friend has got PR stamped and he used the old one from FSW 2014.. But because of the random rejections I have got it converted to imm...for express entry...I suggest if possible all should do the same...as they are charging only 30$ for a pdf copy...I think it is not much for getting peace of mind...

Oka

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Guys,
I m including my wife also in application .
She is a central govt employee. I m hesitating to include her work experience in my profile after ITA.
Before ITA also I did nt disclosed her exp.
Does it become a problem if not included?
Anyways it s not adding extra points.
Or any problem if I include... because she is on leave from last 3 years.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oka said:
Guys,
I m including my wife also in application .
She is a central govt employee. I m hesitating to include her work experience in my profile after ITA.
Before ITA also I did nt disclosed her exp.
Does it become a problem if not included?
Anyways it s not adding extra points.
Or any problem if I include... because she is on leave from last 3 years.
If their work experience was acquired outside Canada, not a problem at all. Just mention their Employment status truthfully in Personal history.

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Asivad Anac said:
If their work experience was acquired outside Canada, not a problem at all. Just mention their Employment status truthfully in Personal history.
After having my app cancelled "by mistake" I am considering creating a new profile. I've sent CSEs, still waiting for the reply (it's been only 8 biz days so far). Do you think that creating a new profile and waiting for ITA would create any confusion? My understanding is that there might be confusion once I receive the ITA and accept it, as then there would be two PR application on my name, but until then I don't see any problem there. Do you?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
After having my app cancelled "by mistake" I am considering creating a new profile. I've sent CSEs, still waiting for the reply (it's been only 8 biz days so far). Do you think that creating a new profile and waiting for ITA would create any confusion? My understanding is that there might be confusion once I receive the ITA and accept it, as then there would be two PR application on my name, but until then I don't see any problem there. Do you?
No problem, If your app is in Cancelled status, you can certainly create a fresh profile asap. Even if you get an ITA, accept and submit the application because your other application is cancelled so you will still have only 1 active application. You can withdraw the newer application if and when they reopen your old application.

Dec 24, 2014
Guys,

I read the thread and saw that one possible reason for rejection could be incase if you don't upload all pages of passport (front-back and pages with visas and stamps). I have an issue with my old passport. I left to USA for education in Jan 2002 with my first passport. I visited home (India) every year. So my passport had the stamps for my arrival and departure. Unfortunately, I lost my passport (first passport) in May 2007 while I was in USA. I did file a police report (in USA) and attached a copy of it for my new passport application. In June 2007, I got another passport issued by the Indian Embassy in Chicago. My new passport mentions my old passport number on the last page and it also mentions the same as lost (on the last page of my new passport). I returned back to India for good in Nov 2009. I have travelled to US and UK on this new passport on several occassions. Unfortunately, I have lost the very copy of the police report. Luckily, while going through all my documents, I found a copy of the first page of my old passport and also the US F1 visa that I had on it. But, I neither have a copy of the last page of the old passport, nor the pages of the old passport which had immigration stamps of arrival/departure.

I called up Chicago Police department and requested them if they could check and see if they still had any record of my police report. They told me that they did not keep any police reports for more than 7 years but still encouraged me to send a request either by post or visit them in person to check if they still had anything. I recently sent them the request by post and I have been told that their response time can be upto 6 weeks. My application submission deadline in myCIC is 15th September. I highly doubt if I would get any response from the chicago police department by 15th Sep or they would still have the record of the police report with them. My consultant told me that they would upload the available documents from the old passport and write an explanation for not being able to submit everything from my old passport.

My consultant did not suggest me that it was absolutely necessary to have the police report and thus I did not try for it at the time when I had just received my ITA in July 2015. I can argue with my consultant that wont help my case. Thus, I was wondering if anyone who had a similar situation and how did they go about addressing it.

I really appreciate everyone who has taken the time to read my post and would really appreciate if you have any recommended procedure to handle this situation.

Thanks.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oka said:
Did anyone submitted wes assesment with out IMM number reference number and got succeeded??

Because I did nt see anywhere about this in cic requirements.

Seniors pls confirm.

Thanks in advance
It's not in the CIC instructions, which only say they are valid for 5 years. But as you can see from my signature, about a month after we submitted our application, we got a very nice Request Letter from CIC asking us to get ICAS to release our results to them. ICAS initially said it would take 20 weeks, and I don't think CIC would have been willing to wait that long! With a lot of pleading, writing, and calling, they did it in 3 weeks. We then submitted the new pdf by CSE and waited 2 more weeks to get an acknowledging letter from CIC. After that, it was 6 weeks before we saw progress on our application again. In the end we were lucky, because although most people in our situation got a Request Letter like we did, a few were simply rejected. So, if you want to take the chance, it's yours to take. Or if for some reason it would be too difficult to change - again, take the chance. But if all you have to do is pay a few dollars and wait a week or 2, I'd do it!

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
FSW_Applicant2014 said:
Guys,

I read the thread and saw that one possible reason for rejection could be incase if you don't upload all pages of passport (front-back and pages with visas and stamps). I have an issue with my old passport. I left to USA for education in Jan 2002 with my first passport. I visited home (India) every year. So my passport had the stamps for my arrival and departure. Unfortunately, I lost my passport (first passport) in May 2007 while I was in USA. I did file a police report (in USA) and attached a copy of it for my new passport application. In June 2007, I got another passport issued by the Indian Embassy in Chicago. My new passport mentions my old passport number on the last page and it also mentions the same as lost (on the last page of my new passport). I returned back to India for good in Nov 2009. I have travelled to US and UK on this new passport on several occassions. Unfortunately, I have lost the very copy of the police report. Luckily, while going through all my documents, I found a copy of the first page of my old passport and also the US F1 visa that I had on it. But, I neither have a copy of the last page of the old passport, nor the pages of the old passport which had immigration stamps of arrival/departure.

I called up Chicago Police department and requested them if they could check and see if they still had any record of my police report. They told me that they did not keep any police reports for more than 7 years but still encouraged me to send a request either by post or visit them in person to check if they still had anything. I recently sent them the request by post and I have been told that their response time can be upto 6 weeks. My application submission deadline in myCIC is 15th September. I highly doubt if I would get any response from the chicago police department by 15th Sep or they would still have the record of the police report with them. My consultant told me that they would upload the available documents from the old passport and write an explanation for not being able to submit everything from my old passport.

My consultant did not suggest me that it was absolutely necessary to have the police report and thus I did not try for it at the time when I had just received my ITA in July 2015. I can argue with my consultant that wont help my case. Thus, I was wondering if anyone who had a similar situation and how did they go about addressing it.

I really appreciate everyone who has taken the time to read my post and would really appreciate if you have any recommended procedure to handle this situation.

Thanks.
Only the current passport is needed to be scanned and uploaded in myCIC. Just to be safe you can add details about your old passport in the LOE. Your current passport already has the details for the old passport so that should be enough.

gorot2

Jun 11, 2015
hi guys just a quick question , I moved to my current country of residence when I was 17 years old and I am still residing there and will be providing the police clearance for the country my question is do I need to provide a police clearance from my country of birth even thought wasn't 18 when I moved ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gorot2 said:
hi guys just a quick question , I moved to my current country of residence when I was 17 years old and I am still residing there and will be providing the police clearance for the country my question is do I need to provide a police clearance from my country of birth even thought wasn't 18 when I moved ?
Not required.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
Asivad, have you heard anything back on the CSE that you have submitted?
Yes. Cannot be reopened as they won't accept any further evidence now even if it is not 'new' evidence but just a bunch of supporting documents that validate my earlier assertion. It's arbitrary - another officer might have requested for additional documents. Waiting for an ITA now.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. Cannot be reopened as they won't accept any further evidence now even if it is not 'new' evidence but just a bunch of supporting documents that validate my earlier assertion. It's arbitrary - another officer might have requested for additional documents. Waiting for an ITA now.
I hope you get an ITA in the next draw. You are an inspiration to us all.