+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adi1989 said:
Hello Everyone,

can someone elaborate the pof criteria for an individual who is cuuently employed in canada but applying under FSW.
Do we still need to show proof of funds or not.
if you don't have an LMIA then you need to meet the fund requirement

rezasorna

Star Member
May 21, 2013
adi1989 said:
Hello Everyone,

can someone elaborate the pof criteria for an individual who is cuuently employed in canada but applying under FSW.
Do we still need to show proof of funds or not.
There are contradictory things in CIC. In this page
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
They say unless you have LMIA under FSW you have to have the funds. But then when you are making your EE profile, for many of us (inland candidates) even if you enter a number below minimum requirement for available funds, still you are eligible for FSW.
I am in the same boat, in the end of day, we don't know what is the real rules these CIC guys follow. I know people in this forum in the same situation who got their PPR with less than minimum funds.
From this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp one feels it is written for people who are not yet in Canada. Even the page contradicts itself.
Briefly, if you have the money follow this page, if you don't still show all you have along with T4, paystubs etc. and apply.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Hi may i ask, for settlement fund, what i provided are five fixed deposit accounts under my own name, which were created during the years from 2010 to 2014. The last deposit was made a year ago, in August 2014.

I saved up some of the money myself (I only graduated in 2012 and started working in 2013), some of the money was given to me by my parents over the years.

Should i worry????? Are they gonna suspect that how i could save up this amount since I only worked for two-years after graduation.

Im applying under FSW with my husband. No children.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
@ Asivad Anac: I am so sorry to hear about your rejection. I sincerely hope your application will be reopened!
All the best!

karen12

Jun 16, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Got rejected.

Apparently, the POF evidence wasn't sufficiently clear to prove that my funds were net of outstanding debts and my application did not have additional document to support these letters. I did upload the LOE and I clearly remember that because that was the only thing that required explanation. Either the LOE wasn't good enough or it never transmitted in the first place. Anyways, I've created a fresh profile and entered the pool again (though Job Bank registration still says 'Pending' even though I got that EE pool acceptance mail in MyCIC, hope that is just a formality). And now that those funds have been in the bank untouched for almost 6 months, POF shouldn't be a problem the next time around. I'm also planning to send in a CSE but the rejection letter is pretty discouraging on that front - doesn't seem reopening the application is a possibility - but I'm going to try that nonetheless with strong supporting documents. Find the relevant edited portion of the rejection letter below.

Here's wishing everyone the best with their application! And hoping that I land another ITA soon. :)

PS: As I got rejected on POF grounds, that is further proof that 6/19ers got PER (Positive Eligibility Review) on their application else it would never have gotten this far.

I'm so sorry to hear that Asivad. I can't imagine that, Left me shocked! Hopefully it will be re-opened!
I have few questions, Would you mind answering that for me please.
Does that mean each single person needs to have minimum funds of $11,931 CAD in his/her account?
And this balance needs to be average of six months?
And was your ECAS in process or not?
Do you know once ECAS is in process, is there possibility of rejection or not?

Any help is Appreciated!
Thank you!

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Asivad @

Bro sorry to hear that.
I am sure Asivad Anac will come back. Asta Lavista!!

God will never leave you. You help many people here.

Have faith always.

“ Therefore humble yourselves under
the mighty hands of GOD, that HE may exalt
you in due time.
1 Peter 5:6

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karen12 said:
I'm so sorry to hear that Asivad. I can't imagine that, Left me shocked! Hopefully it will be re-opened!
I have few questions, Would you mind answering that for me please.
Does that mean each single person needs to have minimum funds of $11,931 CAD in his/her account?

Not necessarily for 6 months. You need to have that money and need to conclusively prove that it is not borrowed.

And this balance needs to be average of six months?

Not necessarily but you will need to explain any unreasonably large difference.

And was your ECAS in process or not?

Yes.

Do you know once ECAS is in process, is there possibility of rejection or not?

Clearly there is a chance of being rejected.

Any help is Appreciated!
Thank you!

Cansmk

Jul 19, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Got rejected.

Apparently, the POF evidence wasn't sufficiently clear to prove that my funds were net of outstanding debts and my application did not have additional document to support these letters. I did upload the LOE and I clearly remember that because that was the only thing that required explanation. Either the LOE wasn't good enough or it never transmitted in the first place. Anyways, I've created a fresh profile and entered the pool again (though Job Bank registration still says 'Pending' even though I got that EE pool acceptance mail in MyCIC, hope that is just a formality). And now that those funds have been in the bank untouched for almost 6 months, POF shouldn't be a problem the next time around. I'm also planning to send in a CSE but the rejection letter is pretty discouraging on that front - doesn't seem reopening the application is a possibility - but I'm going to try that nonetheless with strong supporting documents. Find the relevant edited portion of the rejection letter below.

Here's wishing everyone the best with their application! And hoping that I land another ITA soon. :)

PS: As I got rejected on POF grounds, that is further proof that 6/19ers got PER (Positive Eligibility Review) on their application else it would never have gotten this far.

Asivad Anac, Bro , I have no words and shocked and sorry to hear that... I am sure you will bounce back.. God bless

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Miumiu said:
Hi may i ask, for settlement fund, what i provided are five fixed deposit accounts under my own name, which were created during the years from 2010 to 2014. The last deposit was made a year ago, in August 2014.

I saved up some of the money myself (I only graduated in 2012 and started working in 2013), some of the money was given to me by my parents over the years.

Should i worry????? Are they gonna suspect that how i could save up this amount since I only worked for two-years after graduation.

Although it seems to me that Asivad Anac had a particularly bureaucratic VO who judged the case a little unfairly, from his/her experience I would suggest that you get a notarized statement from your parents detailing when and what they contributed to the account, and stating clearly that that money was a gift, not a loan, and that it is entirely yours to spend however you please. It seems that you can't be too careful in proving that the money is yours and unencumbered.

Eksler

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Got rejected.

Did you have the required amount of at least 11000 on your account for all 6 month or you just transferred them shortly before you submit the application?

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
dobes said:
Although it seems to me that Asivad Anac had a particularly bureaucratic VO who judged the case a little unfairly, from his/her experience I would suggest that you get a notarized statement from your parents detailing when and what they contributed to the account, and stating clearly that that money was a gift, not a loan, and that it is entirely yours to spend however you please. It seems that you can't be too careful in proving that the money is yours and unencumbered.
Thank you for the reply. Too late now coz i already applied two weeks ago. No choice but to leave the judgement to them.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Miumiu said:

dobes said:
Hi i thought of another thing that really really worries me: the requirements include “the balance of each account over the previous 6 months”. What i provided are fixed deposits, which automatically means the balance does not change during the years since they were put into the account. I was thinking in this way, therefore i DID NOT provide a detailed history of deposit and withdraw of my bank accounts... Could this result in a direct refusal??? Are they gonna at least give me a chance of adding documents?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Miumiu said:
Hi i thought of another thing that really really worries me: the requirements include “the balance of each account over the previous 6 months”. What i provided are fixed deposits, which automatically means the balance does not change during the years since they were put into the account. I was thinking in this way, therefore i DID NOT provide a detailed history of deposit and withdraw of my bank accounts... Could this result in a direct refusal??? Are they gonna at least give me a chance of adding documents?
No. You are safe if your FDs add up to at least the POF requirements. You are not expected to show anything more than availability of unencumbered POF. Period.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Asivad Anac said:
No. You are safe if your FDs add up to at least the POF requirements. You are not expected to show anything more than availability of unencumbered POF. Period.
Thank you so much Asivad, your reply really makes me feel less anxious...

The amount on my FDs is around 21k CAD, this should be more than what they require for 2 people..

Thank you for all the help you've offered to applicants like me here on this forum, I sincerely wish that you will receive a new ITA and land pr this time!