NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
jcoley1421 said:
Yes KingOfGoodTimes , may be they do want to see that magic word...i think you will not be given points for LMIA since my job offer does not have any LMIA..
you dont need to hav lmia for new offer letter..but if you want 600 points..you need permanent offer letter along with your old lmo on which your current work permit is valid.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carl321 said:
I just submitted a letter from the bank with full balance and indicated the date I opened the account.. But I've seen some people doing the 6 months thing. So not sure which is the right answer
The letter is what is officially requested from CIC. Many banks do not provide letters with all the information required by CIC so a good way would be to submit a 6 months bank statement that is official and stamped along with the letter.

Mrs Aj

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
The letter is what is officially requested from CIC. Many banks do not provide letters with all the information required by CIC so a good way would be to submit a 6 months bank statement that is official and stamped along with the letter.
Thank you for this clarification Sam_172452

Mrs Aj

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carl321 said:
I just submitted a letter from the bank with full balance and indicated the date I opened the account.. But I've seen some people doing the 6 months thing. So not sure which is the right answer
Thank you Carl321 for your response

cindy2006

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
colorblind said:
anyone rejected due to missing pcc from a country where your online study was performed? so never live there, but stated that country as your education?

I remember there was someone.

pls help
Yes. If I remember correctly that he got his case reopened.

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Hey Guys,

I created a separate thread. I am also posting here because this thread is sticky and will get a lot more visibility.

People are getting rejected left and right. Sometimes due to their own negligence. Sometimes due to system glitches and sometimes due to getting to the wrong VO.
I compiled a list of around 50 actual rejection cases compiled from the Canada Visa forum.

It is a live document. You can contribute to it by leaving a comment. Anyone can comment on it but you can't delete stuff from it.

Please do contribute and help yourself and others succeed as well.

http://docs.google.com/document/d/1PFWkAAqkj9oSnwz8uhcBmaW7QGBfIhd4zvj0AqnMm1Q

Tip: Search google for
site:canadavisa.com "Rejection/Rejected" You will come across the threads and if you find a relevant case you can add to the doc.

Hope you get through the visa hurdle. Smiley

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what okbangaram has compiled, I observe that most of the rejections are due to failure to upload educational docs or NOC mismatch. However there are also foolish cases of rejections due to 'permanent' or 'full time' employment not mentioned in the job letter.

In my case the offer letter mentions my employment in the company for the current as well as previous jobs as full time / whole time. Does it compulsorily needs to be on the reference letter or even a mention of it on appointment /offer letter would suffice?

Anyone can throw some light on it?

Thnx in advance for help

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
okbangaram said:
Hey Guys,

I created a separate thread. I am also posting here because this thread is sticky and will get a lot more visibility.

People are getting rejected left and right. Sometimes due to their own negligence. Sometimes due to system glitches and sometimes due to getting to the wrong VO.
I compiled a list of around 50 actual rejection cases compiled from the Canada Visa forum.

It is a live document. You can contribute to it by leaving a comment. Anyone can comment on it but you can't delete stuff from it.

Please do contribute and help yourself and others succeed as well.

http://docs.google.com/document/d/1PFWkAAqkj9oSnwz8uhcBmaW7QGBfIhd4zvj0AqnMm1Q

Tip: Search google for
site:canadavisa.com "Rejection/Rejected" You will come across the threads and if you find a relevant case you can add to the doc.

Hope you get through the visa hurdle. Smiley
Thanks a lot :) This is really helpful.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silvi6 said:
Thanks a lot :) This is really helpful.
It is helpful. You might mention that some of those rejected for not adding educational or police documents that they were sure they added probably did not combine them into one .pdf. If you upload documents sequentially, you will be sending only the last document you uploaded. I think #s 20 and 21 fell prey to that issue.

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
dobes said:
It is helpful. You might mention that some of those rejected for not adding educational or police documents that they were sure they added probably did not combine them into one .pdf. If you upload documents sequentially, you will be sending only the last document you uploaded. I think #s 20 and 21 fell prey to that issue.
What do exactly mean by Sequentially ? Though I have yet to upload the documents. But I think if one category of document accepts only one file to be uploaded than it won't let you select multiple files. Isn't it ?

Thanks
Silvi

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silvi6 said:
What do exactly mean by Sequentially ? Though I have yet to upload the documents. But I think if one category of document accepts only one file to be uploaded than it won't let you select multiple files. Isn't it ?

Thanks
Silvi
Yes. It will simply overwrite the previous file.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silvi6 said:

Thanks
Silvi
Exactly. I think some people uploaded their diplomas, THEN uploaded their WES certificates, and were surprised to hear that they were rejected because they hadn't uploaded their diplomas. But putting up a second pdf dislodges the first. You have to merge everything in one category into one pdf and upload that.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This applies to the pre- Express Entry Era but many of the logical processing may still apply today. I have shared this in another thread but thought this thread has a wider audience. Would love to hear your opinions on this:

qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
This applies to the pre- Express Entry Era but many of the logical processing may still apply today. I have shared this in another thread but thought this thread has a wider audience. Would love to hear your opinions on this:
Valid points in there but of course the process would be different now because Ottawa centrally processes all EE applications and very few applications appear to be processed at LVO (for reasons unknown yet). Background checks are fairly well established processes so no changes expected there. The stages and ECAS status updates would naturally be different now but CIC still hasn't published the revised flowchart for EE process.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Valid points in there but of course the process would be different now because Ottawa centrally processes all EE applications and very few applications appear to be processed at LVO (for reasons unknown yet). Background checks are fairly well established processes so no changes expected there. The stages and ECAS status updates would naturally be different now but CIC still hasn't published the revised flowchart for EE process.
When do you suspect the Standard documentation check takes place under E.E? Is it when someone's status changes to Background Check : In Progress?

If a person has been issued a 2'nd AOR would you believe he/she has completed this documentation check?

Always fun to try and make sense of the process EE applications are undergoing ::)