VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Lailina said:
thanks krytOn, as usual prompt and helpful reply.
I was also thinking of quitting after eAPR, but dont I have to inform CIC on change in my situation with CSE? If yes, then it maybe better to do before, as raising CSE is quite troublesome, right?
You're free to do whatever after eApr without telling IRCC.

ChrisYu_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2017
Hello guys!

I know this seems like a very common question or case but I just wanted to know the answer point blank.

So I already graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in my home country and I applied in Centennial College for a postsecondary / college degree with my second choice being a postgraduate degree.

As of now, the college is processing my application for the postsecondary / college degree and I am worried that if I applied for the student visa, my chances of getting approved will be lower since it would make sense for me to pursue a postsecondary / college degree in Canada when i have already graduated college in my home country.

Can anybody advise me on what I need to do and what are the chances of me having my student visa approved if this is the case? Any help and feedback would be highly appreciated. Thank you! :)

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
kryt0n said:
You're allowed to be unemployed when you submit. Just change the end date of your job from 'ongoing'. If it's a case of a week or so though just quit after eAPR, it will be easier. After that you can do whatever you want.
I agree, would do the same.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Lailina said:
Guys, I need your advice on the following:

I want to quit my job this month, actually, before submitting eAPR. My CRS wont be affected as I have more than 3 years of continuous work ex.
But this is my main NOC and in EE profile before receiving ITA it is mentioned as my current job.

Will it be sufficient to explain the situation in LoE, or it is better not to quit the job till I submit eAPR?
I am just not sure how long more I can stay in this company. I was planning to leave in April or May anyway

If you were in the same situation or have seen any similar issues on forum, please help me out.
thanks
We had the same situation. My wife was the main applicant and she changed her job and started working under a different NOC after ITA before e-APR.

Work experience gets closed at the moment of ITA. You can't count any time after, therefore if you quit, it doesn't change anything (unless you gained extra CRS points for this job as job offer or LMIA). You need to explain the situation though in your main LOE or in the "employment record" file of the actual job, because it's a difference between your EE profile and the e-APR. We didn't have any problem.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
neorol said:
We had the same situation. My wife was the main applicant and she changed her job and started working under a different NOC after ITA before e-APR.

Work experience gets closed at the moment of ITA. You can't count any time after, therefore if you quit, it doesn't change anything (unless you gained extra CRS points for this job as job offer or LMIA). You need to explain the situation though in your main LOE or in the "employment record" file of the actual job, because it's a difference between your EE profile and the e-APR. We didn't have any problem.
thanks a lot for sharing!

krytOn, TanakaM, thank you for ur advice as well.

Tito G

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello people,

I have searched through this thread but I can't seem to find it anymore. if anyone can be so kind as to send me the link to show that there can be rejection after PPR.

Thank you.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Tito G said:
Hello people,

I have searched through this thread but I can't seem to find it anymore. if anyone can be so kind as to send me the link to show that there can be rejection after PPR.

Thank you.
This is extremely rare... In most cases it happens to PNP candidates that land in a different province and can't convince the officer that they'll proceed to the province that nominated them (there are posts in th forum about this just search for "PNP revoked PR".

Another reason is misrepresentation or lying, if they find out even after you got your PR card they can revoke your PR - although I've not seen an example of this reported on the forum, it makes does make sense that it could happen.

Bottom line - don't lie and for PNP plan to settle in the province that nominated you!

Tito G

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
This is extremely rare... In most cases it happens to PNP candidates that land in a different province and can't convince the officer that they'll proceed to the province that nominated them (there are posts in th forum about this just search for "PNP revoked PR".

Another reason is misrepresentation or lying, if they find out even after you got your PR card they can revoke your PR - although I've not seen an example of this reported on the forum, it makes does make sense that it could happen.

Bottom line - don't lie and for PNP plan to settle in the province that nominated you!

Thanks g126....I thought I had seen something like that, I really just wanted to confirm again after someone asked me about it.

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
kryt0n said:
You're free to do whatever after eApr without telling IRCC.
Hey kryt0n

I am also thinking about quiting my current job, after submitting my e-APR.
My application and reference letter would still mention 'currently working', wouldn't that be a discrepancy?
Also, I am doing 2 jobs, one job I have RL for and quiting after submission, and the other I am not claiming points for. How should I go about mentioning about my second job, which I would keep after submission?

What if cic verifies my current work status and turns out, I don't work there anymore?

Thanking in sheer anticipation.

thecoldperson

Feb 13, 2017
Any rejection if we had appointed representative pre ita and post ita I am making the representative as No and just mentioning in LOE that the representative section in Ee profile was accidentally filled.
I had not submitted or filled any form for appointing any representative to IRCC AND CIC. Please help. What to do in this case.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
thecoldperson said:
Any rejection if we had appointed representative pre ita and post ita I am making the representative as No and just mentioning in LOE that the representative section in Ee profile was accidentally filled.
I had not submitted or filled any form for appointing any representative to IRCC AND CIC. Please help. What to do in this case.
That shouldn't be a problem. Do write an LOE

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
thecoldperson said:
I think there is also some form you have to fill out for representative cancellation. I am doing the same.

thecoldperson

Feb 13, 2017
vishalg said:
That shouldn't be a problem. Do write an LOE
So no need to submit any cancelation form right ? I mean logically speaking i had not filled or submitted any form before so what do u suggest still ?