VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Doda said:
The question was straight forward and simple. Can s/he apply for EE with a study permit. The answer is yes. Would s/he get enough point to be eligible for any program (wasn't asked, but...) maybe, depends on his/her profile. I was on a study permit.
I respectfully disagree. The question was asking about at least possibility of getting PR (at the very least meeting minimum accepted criteria). A 10th grader can also submit a profile, but there is no point in doing that. One can get PR while being a student, but the minimum eligibility comes from work experience needed for at least 2 of the 3 PR programs. Even for third one (PNP), Ontario is an exception.

So OP needs to know that he probably will complete his studies, get a PGWP and work on it for a while (unless he has prior work experience) to be even eligible to submit an application else there is no point.

So its not that simple a question IMHO. But let's not debate any more. The needed info, I already conveyed. Cheers.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
I respectfully disagree. The question was asking about at least possibility of getting PR (at the very least meeting minimum accepted criteria). A 10th grader can also submit a profile, but there is no point in doing that. One can get PR while being a student, but the minimum eligibility comes from work experience needed for at least 2 of the 3 PR programs. Even for third one (PNP), Ontario is an exception.

So OP needs to know that he probably will complete his studies, get a PGWP and work on it for a while (unless he has prior work experience) to be even eligible to submit an application else there is no point.

So its not that simple a question IMHO. But let's not debate any more. The needed info, I already conveyed. Cheers.
I like you style of debating :)
But you have certain assumptions which are completely wrong. One CAN apply with a study permit and get a PR without finishing his/her degree. A 10 years old can't apply because you need to be 18 or older. But if you are 18 or older you are eligible to apply, you won't get great points but you're eligible.
Again, the question was can s/he apply, then yes. Will s/he get enough points for ITA, maybe. we know nothing of work/study history.

kelvyn29

Mar 16, 2016
Doda said:
But you have certain assumptions which are completely wrong. One CAN apply with a study permit and get a PR without finishing his/her degree. A 10 years old can't apply because you need to be 18 or older. But if you are 18 or older you are eligible to apply, you won't get great points but you're eligible.
Again, the question was can s/he apply, then yes. Will s/he get enough points for ITA, maybe. we know nothing of work/study history.
Thank You all for your comments.

I have three years work experience in IT security. However, my CRS score is just about 441. Im currently taking a Post graduate certificate online which would definitely increase my score when evaluated by WES.(two or more certificates or degrees)

Also, Im applying for study permit for my masters in canada. In the event that I'm in Canada on a study permit and I receive my ITA based on the FSW program because I would have more points at that time, would i still be eligible to apply for PR ?

Thanks again.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Doda said:
I am a little too old to just stick again to that. But come on - the 10 year old was sarcasm (if you took that seriously) on just submitting vs qualifying.

On the study permit thing, can you exactly explain which PR program would you qualify with just a study permit.

I think you are still not getting the point. There are some OTHER factors than just scoring points to get ITA. Those are called Minimum acceptance criteria.

A student usually does that because either

a) he / she has worked before in that area and use that experience to qualify
b) he works in Canada part time along with his studies and full fill the number of hours working (equivalent to one year full time for CEC / FSW whatever)
c) Or he works full time on a skilled job after getting PGWP.

There is no other way to get through. I can't be any more clear on this. Would say no more.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kelvyn29 said:

I have three years work experience in IT security. However, my CRS score is just about 441. Im currently taking a Post graduate certificate online which would definitely increase my score when evaluated by WES.(two or more certificates or degrees)

Also, Im applying for study permit for my masters in canada. In the event that I'm in Canada on a study permit and I receive my ITA based on the FSW program because I would have more points at that time, would i still be eligible to apply for PR ?

Thanks again.
Sure - by all means yes.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
fkl said:
the 10 year old was sarcasm (if you took that seriously) on just submitting vs qualifying.
The right word for that would be 'exaggeration' and not 'sarcasm'. Just so we use the right terminology. ;)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
CanadaWeCome said:
The right word for that would be 'exaggeration' and not 'sarcasm'. Just so we use the right terminology. ;)
Don't think so. I was kind of mocking the "insistence that a student could apply". So I would still want to use sarcasm to reflect the intent. Exaggeration, while grammatically correct for the 10 year old kid, doesn't fit the context of earlier discussion. But thanks for the input.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelvyn29 said:

Thanks again.
Thank you. I rest my case :)

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
fkl said:
Don't think so. I was kind of mocking the "insistence that a student could apply". So I would still want to use sarcasm to reflect the intent. Exaggeration, while grammatically correct for the 10 year old kid, doesn't fit the context of earlier discussion. But thanks for the input.
Yeah, 'Sarcasm' can't be explained in dictionary. I see that you didn't get what i did there, in fact most people don't, i can understand.

Anyway whatever floats your boat.

sanketmnaik

Feb 10, 2016
Hi Asinvad during filling ITA for they have asked "Has .................. ......... you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

in my case i was rejected by France embassy in 2013 when i applied schgan visa for traveling . that time i was having UK visa and it was expire in three months and in last 3 months i have applied for the schgan visa . they gave me reason that you can not apply bcoz u r visa is expire in last three months .and they put stamps on my old passport . now i have a new passport no stamps on that .please guide me in this .should i mention YES or NO .

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
sanketmnaik said:
Hi Asinvad during filling ITA for they have asked "Has .................. ......... you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

in my case i was rejected by France embassy in 2013 when i applied schgan visa for traveling . that time i was having UK visa and it was expire in three months and in last 3 months i have applied for the schgan visa . they gave me reason that you can not apply bcoz u r visa is expire in last three months .and they put stamps on my old passport . now i have a new passport no stamps on that .please guide me in this .should i mention YES or NO .
If the answer is yes then say yes. Write a letter of explanation why it was rejected and upload it in the document section.

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Guys , I just got application rejection for not uploading the original arabic police certificate while only uploading the translated police certificate.

you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you must submit a new Express Entry profile through your MyCIC account. If you choose to submit a new Express Entry profile, you must make sure your documents are valid on:
- the date you submit your new Express Entry profile,
- the date you submit your application for permanent residence, if you are invited to apply.
Documents where validity is important are:
- Upfront medical report: Valid for 12 months from the date of the medical assessment.
- Education Credential Assessment: Must be no more than five years old and issued on or after the date of designation.
- Language test results: Must be no more than two years old.
- Offer of arranged employment (includes Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and letter of employment offer): LMIAs are valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Your letter of employment must demonstrate you have a current offer of employment.
The information you submitted as part of your original Express Entry profile will remain in your MyCIC account for 60 calendar days from the date of this letter. This information can be used to submit a new Express Entry profile.
If you submit a new Express Entry profile, you will get a new profile number. You will also get directions on how to register for Job Bank with this new number.
Find out more about immigrating to Canada on our website.
Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Guys , Does anyone knows how am i supposed to submit a new express entry profile while keeping my data as written above ?

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
messiry said:
Guys , I just got application rejection for not uploading the original arabic police certificate while only uploading the translated police certificate.

you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you must submit a new Express Entry profile through your MyCIC account. If you choose to submit a new Express Entry profile, you must make sure your documents are valid on:
- the date you submit your new Express Entry profile,
- the date you submit your application for permanent residence, if you are invited to apply.
Documents where validity is important are:
- Upfront medical report: Valid for 12 months from the date of the medical assessment.
- Education Credential Assessment: Must be no more than five years old and issued on or after the date of designation.
- Language test results: Must be no more than two years old.
- Offer of arranged employment (includes Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and letter of employment offer): LMIAs are valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Your letter of employment must demonstrate you have a current offer of employment.
The information you submitted as part of your original Express Entry profile will remain in your MyCIC account for 60 calendar days from the date of this letter. This information can be used to submit a new Express Entry profile.
If you submit a new Express Entry profile, you will get a new profile number. You will also get directions on how to register for Job Bank with this new number.
Find out more about immigrating to Canada on our website.
Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Guys , Does anyone knows how am i supposed to submit a new express entry profile while keeping my data as written above ?
Sorry to hear this
This is very common reason for rejection
You should have submitted original one as well.

For now you will have to create new express entry with all information to put again
You can upload the same docs again with original PCC this time when you get ITA
You just need to verify the expiry dates of the docs they mentioned

BTW, what is your AOR and inland/ outland/ FSW/ CEC?

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
vineshparekh said:
Sorry to hear this
This is very common reason for rejection
You should have submitted original one as well.

For now you will have to create new express entry with all information to put again
You can upload the same docs again with original PCC this time when you get ITA
You just need to verify the expiry dates of the docs they mentioned

BTW, what is your AOR and inland/ outland/ FSW/ CEC?
My timeline is as follows , FSW outland

Ontario Letter of Interest : 26/8/2015
Application Received : 6/10/2015
Nomination: 18/2/2106
ITA: 24/2/2016
AOR: 14/3/2016
Schedule 4 request :15/3/2016
Rejection:17/3/2016

CIC stated they will keep the data for 60 days which i can use to resubmit the profile. Anyone knows the steps to do this ?

damien86

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
messiry said:
CIC stated they will keep the data for 60 days which i can use to resubmit the profile. Anyone knows the steps to do this ?
Does that also mean you are not required to retype all the travel data etc? Anyone has any clue?