+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for rejection of Ontario PNP

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Fate69 said:
I AM a CEC inland:). I am applying OIPNP via CEC stream, so I guess I can get the nomination within 90 days? If not, my PGWP will expire on June:(. I really need the invitation to apply for Bridge Open Work Permit. Can I apply for BOWP even my PGWP expires? Thanks
I'm not too familiar with BOWPs, but check the June 20, 2015 news entry, in case it's relevant to you:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

And the BOWP eligibility requirements refer to the so-called "2nd AOR" in Express Entry:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Virab555

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
OmarSarfraz said:
only 1 rejection as of now...rejection rate is very low unless NOC Mismatches
Do you mean the "at least one year of continuous work" NOC mismatches? Of if someone declares let's say 4 employments, and three of them mismatch NOC? But the one matching is more than one year continuous?

Marko10

Feb 27, 2016
Hey,
I got a letter of interest from Ontario for pnp. I just wanted to know the possible reasons why an application could be rejected.In my case,I have a degree but no work experience relating to it.My skilled experience is in construction.Could this be enough of a reason for them to reject my application?
Thanks,
Mark

SRI_BLR2016

Feb 14, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Jan-2016
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
CLB 9
Marko10 said:
Hey,
I got a letter of interest from Ontario for pnp. I just wanted to know the possible reasons why an application could be rejected.In my case,I have a degree but no work experience relating to it.My skilled experience is in construction.Could this be enough of a reason for them to reject my application?
Thanks,
Mark
Your work experience doesn't need to match with your Degree. As long as you meet the work experience criteria and the education, your application wont be rejected

shyguy

May 22, 2015
Hello everyone. This thread has been fairly helpful in revealing what can be the possible reasons for rejection of PNP applications in Ontario. I do have a few specific questions, the answers to which, might help me in making a few important decisions.

1) I plan to apply for PNP through the International Students - Masters Program stream. The OINP website clearly says that Masters Students can apply even without a job offer. However, looking at the excel sheet link provided in one of the replies to this thread, almost all Masters students are showing work-experience ( I don't know if that is work ex in their home country coz some of them are showing a large number of years of work ex). Is it that graduates with a job offer will be given a preference over those without a job? Or is it on first come first served basis, where, as long as the applications are complete, you will be given nomination, irrespective of whether the ones applying after you have a job or not?

2) Furthermore, I am currently working as a Customer Service Representative (Teller) in a top bank in Canada. Unfortunately, this job profile is not considered as a 'relevant' job experience as far as the Express Entry is concerned. Also, if I was an under-grad student, this would not be considered as a relevant work-ex. (Again, since Masters stream doesn't require a job offer, it may not matter). By God's grace, I am doing fairly well and meeting my sales targets. If I really push my managers to promote me to Financial Services Representative (which is considered a relevant job), they might do it. But, I will come across as slightly desperate, since it has only been 6 months on the job (and I will be applying for PNP this coming January). If you guys think that having a relevant job adds a lot of weight to my PNP application, I can try for it. If it is on first come first served basis and I will be given equal weightage as the ones applying after me, irrespective of my job profile, then I won't push for it.

Looking forward to some helpful guidance. Thank you.

Sanjana05

Apr 12, 2021
Actually, there's been quite a few already, though not all are reported in the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wBVA84e9i-uW3SEFnrHPOECTagG4imkCUoc0SsTtukQ/edit?pli=1#gid=1449150989

From what members reported on this forum:

- not fulfilling NOC lead statement and duties
- stronger ties in United States, did not demonstrate sufficient ties to Ontario
- work experience is not from the last 5 years (FSW)
- submitted IELTS that expired during processing, did not submit new IELTS score (therefore, EE profile became ineligible)
Can you please allow me access to this file?? And does rejection come automatically or do they ask more documents for send letter of intent of refusal?

Sanjana05

Apr 12, 2021
IMO, Points 1,3 and 4 are a miss from the applicant side. OINP issues PT's without doing an in-depth check of the applicants eligibility criteria. Point 3 is one of the eligibility criteria, Point 4 is also one of the requirement.
Point #2 - Many FSW Out land applicants don't have a stronger tie with Ontario (Including me :)). It all depends on how we convenience the VO processing our application.

OINP is giving a chance to rectify minor errors. I think they are very generous in processing the applications.
What do you mean by a "PT" ?

SreAK

Oct 9, 2021
IMO, Points 1,3 and 4 are a miss from the applicant side. OINP issues PT's without doing an in-depth check of the applicants eligibility criteria. Point 3 is one of the eligibility criteria, Point 4 is also one of the requirement.
Point #2 - Many FSW Out land applicants don't have a stronger tie with Ontario (Including me :)). It all depends on how we convenience the VO processing our application.

OINP is giving a chance to rectify minor errors. I think they are very generous in processing the applications.
Hi, I am Oct'21 HCP stream applicant, While submitting OINP application I forgot to mention my travel history to Saudi for 30 days to see my father under other activities. The details are available in my passport and it specifies "work permit not allowed" and it is a "visitor visa". Will it be a problem as I didn't mention these details in other activities? Do I need to inform them upfront via email?

Please help

krsenthilkumaran

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Chennai,India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
Hi, I am Oct'21 HCP stream applicant, While submitting OINP application I forgot to mention my travel history to Saudi for 30 days to see my father under other activities. The details are available in my passport and it specifies "work permit not allowed" and it is a "visitor visa". Will it be a problem as I didn't mention these details in other activities? Do I need to inform them upfront via email?

Please help
yes you have to inform them. better send an email now and say you missed it while filling out the form and you want to correct it.

otherwise it would be considered as misinformation