+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

reason for file to move to Mississauga visa office

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I've sponsored my spouse just like you all.

I've seen that the files that move to Mississauga visa office gets processed wayyyy faster than other visa offices ( e.g. New Delhi visa office ).

One observation I have is that these files are of people who have gotten married through civil marriage ( court marriage ) and not a traditional wedding.

I speculate that because only the civil marriage proof is given, the verification process gets shortened as compared to verification done for applications that include proof for traditionally done weddings also

Any thoughts ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
No.

Especially from India, people who got married only through a court marriage and not having a traditional wedding will actually have longer processing times because there will be concerns about the genuine nature of the relationship.

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
No.

Especially from India, people who got married only through a court marriage and not having a traditional wedding will actually have longer processing times because there will be concerns about the genuine nature of the relationship.
I've actually seen multiple instances and talked to people who've gotten CoPR within 3 months of applying, only sending civil marriage docs and nothing related to the traditional wedding.

I agree it differs case to case basis but I just wanted to get an idea from people if my speculation is correct or not.

Mabroor

Jan 16, 2017
Civil marriage will not guarantee file moving to Mississauga. I am from india had my marriage in tradition way. Submitted all photos and everything and my file was processed at Mississauga. But files at mississauga are processed faster than back home VO.
Good luck

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Well, you've talked to / seen instances of a tiny, tiny fraction of spousal sponsorships then. Sure you're not talking to people who had one spouse qualify under Express Entry and then add a spouse after they received their COPR?