+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplying Visa after 2.5 year, chances of approval?

pawansb

Aug 24, 2017
Hi Admins,

My sister applied for student visa to Canada in 2017 for September intake. She was 18years old at that time and we applied after she finished her 12th grade exams.
Her profile was, IELTS 7 overall (more than 6.5 each section).
12th Grade marks- 60% overall, however less than 50% in physics, chemistry and Maths.
She received admission for computer programmer diploma course at Sheridan Davis campus.

However, she got refused 2 times, hence we applied for gcms notes. This was the note we received in Aug 2017.

Application, supporting documents, level of studies, academic ability and last educational institution considered. Low scores in areas of study that would form core of future studies. Given the poor academic background in the past, I am not satisfied that PA will be able to handle studies in Cda. Proposed course at such great expense given pa's academic background is not justified. I am not satisfied applicant is a bonafide student. I am therefore not satisfied that applicant is not applying for unknown reasons other than studies and as such would be a genuine student. Weighing the information on hand in this specific case, the applicant has failed to establish that they are a bona fide temporary resident who will leave Canada following the completion of their studies pursuant to section R216 (1)(b) of IRPA. Refused

Current Situation-
After we read this note, we didn't reapply for her visa and instead she enrolled for graduate school from University of Mumbai. She is in her last semester now of Bachelor in Commerce from university of Mumbai. She has scored a A+ grade in all her semester. She reappeared for her IELTS again and scored a overall 7 with more than 6 in each section.

We want to apply for the Sept 2020 intake and wanted to seek guidance on how do we proceed with the application this time. My parents want me to go through an agent but i want to be sure about my sister's application and hence want to seek help from Champion members here.

Thank You!

Best Regards,
Pawan

pawansb

Aug 24, 2017
The course we will be applying for is either Business Adminstration or Executive Office Adminstration. We are still debating.

The course standard is good as this an accredited college under the university of Mumbai. She infact did work reallyh these past few years to be able to have a strong case upon graduation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Choice of course needs to make sense based on previous education and must lead to career advancement. A course in business administration is the same course material as a commerce degree. A course in executive office administration also doesn’t make sense if you have a commerce degree.