+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplying for a study permit

Maziar

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
Hello everyone
A friend of mine applied for a study permit for a college in Montreal around 8 months ago and they finally got an update on their profile:
"This is in reference to your on-line application for a temporary resident visa. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
Client withdrawal request: Upon review of your application, it is evident you have
provided the necessary documentation in support of a study permit. Currently, the category of entry visa you have applied for is a Short-term student entry visa. The short-term student entry visa permits a visitor to enter into Canada for the purposes of studying (at a non- DLI) for a duration of 6 months or less. The Letter of Acceptance you have submitted extends beyond that period. Foreign nationals without a study permit will not be granted an extension of their authorized stay as a visitor simply for the purposes of completing a short-term course or program of less than 6 months that would last beyond their original authorized period of stay.
It is recommend that you re-apply for a study permit. If you wish to re-apply please respond to this message with a request for a withdrawal."

I was wondering if anyone could help understating this message better. Should they withdraw from their current application and create a new one ?
Thanks

MesopotamiaSon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Hello everyone
A friend of mine applied for a study permit for a college in Montreal around 8 months ago and they finally got an update on their profile:
"This is in reference to your on-line application for a temporary resident visa. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
Client withdrawal request: Upon review of your application, it is evident you have
provided the necessary documentation in support of a study permit. Currently, the category of entry visa you have applied for is a Short-term student entry visa. The short-term student entry visa permits a visitor to enter into Canada for the purposes of studying (at a non- DLI) for a duration of 6 months or less. The Letter of Acceptance you have submitted extends beyond that period. Foreign nationals without a study permit will not be granted an extension of their authorized stay as a visitor simply for the purposes of completing a short-term course or program of less than 6 months that would last beyond their original authorized period of stay.
It is recommend that you re-apply for a study permit. If you wish to re-apply please respond to this message with a request for a withdrawal."

I was wondering if anyone could help understating this message better. Should they withdraw from their current application and create a new one ?
Thanks
did he/she apply for a study permit or visitor visa?

Reactions: Maziar

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi and thank you for your reply
As far as I know, it was for study permit
It seems your friend applied for a visitor visa. Respond to webform withdrawing application for TRV. Reapply for study permit with CAQ. Make sure it is not one of the private colleges that just filed for bankruptcy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maziar

Maziar

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
It seems your friend applied for a visitor visa. Respond to webform withdrawing application for TRV. Reapply for study permit with CAQ. Make sure it is not one of the private colleges that just filed for bankruptcy.
Thanks a lot !
Their profile has now a section in which you have to upload a new document. So the withdrawal request should be in there ?