+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

reapplying after refused

maria-rita

Sep 5, 2018
After 3 years leaving legally in Canada I got my PGWP refused. And while I was trying a restoration I stayed in Canada.
Now trying to come back I ordered my ATIP and the Immigration said I was illegal in Canada from August 29th 2018 to January 13th 2019 (restoration time processing).
Since January 2019 I’m back home.
Can I apply for a student permit. What are my chances?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After 3 years leaving legally in Canada I got my PGWP refused. And while I was trying a restoration I stayed in Canada.
Now trying to come back I ordered my ATIP and the Immigration said I was illegal in Canada from August 29th 2018 to January 13th 2019 (restoration time processing).
ok so while you were waiing for PGWP you were on implied status on student visa. Once you were rejected you had to ask for restauration of your status back to tourist. even if that would be rejected you are given time to leave Canada. So maybe if you can help with your exact timeline. And no restauration of your status should not take that long.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Why was your PGWP refused?

Applying for Restoration doesn't grant status. You were in Canada illegally during that time.

With such a recent overstay of that length, your chances of a study permit are very low.