+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapply for spouse work permit

Mrs. Patel

Jan 28, 2021
Hello everyone
I just got My PGWP extension under the new public policy(18 months), parallel I applied for my husbands work permit too and he got refusal because I didn't provide my job offer letter and I fail to explain I do have work experience NOC O, A, B category job. (They didn't ask me to attach a job letter) now they want me to reapply with this work offer letter but due to pregnancy I am not working, but I do have 1 year of NOC B-level work experience, and based on that I also got my ITA.
My question is do I have to reapply for my husband's work permit with an old experience letter and do I have to apply bridge work permit based on my ITA, where he's already in as dependent.
please give me some suggestion
Thank you in advance

railoc

Dec 11, 2020
Hello everyone
I just got My PGWP extension under the new public policy(18 months), parallel I applied for my husbands work permit too and he got refusal because I didn't provide my job offer letter and I fail to explain I do have work experience NOC O, A, B category job. (They didn't ask me to attach a job letter) now they want me to reapply with this work offer letter but due to pregnancy I am not working, but I do have 1 year of NOC B-level work experience, and based on that I also got my ITA.
My question is do I have to reapply for my husband's work permit with an old experience letter and do I have to apply bridge work permit based on my ITA, where he's already in as dependent.
Thank you in advance
Hi I am in the same situation where my husband applied as the main applicant and I applied under him. I was refused but he was approved and I am confused as we applied together and proved his job letter under his supporting documents. I will be calling in the morning to get clarification. I don’t think it’s fair as it wasn’t a requirement and we provided it under his optional documents.

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Hello everyone
Thank you in advance
As it is SOWP, you need to attach your job letter and 3 recent pay stubs... Please submit another application with your job letter and pay stubs .. you also need to show ur employment is in NOC O,A,B category

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You need to apply for an SOWP. You will have issues because you need to show pay stubs for work now not in the past in NOC A, B or 0. If you aren’t working then, it will most likely be refused.