NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
??? Partner said no convictions to worry about had been caught drunk and disorderly once but didnt think he had been even cautioned just sent home so we put in initial application stating no convictions and today certificates are back and partners states:

possesion of anphetamines 1998 caution :eek:, drunk in a public place 2001 fine :eek:, abusive behaviour 2001 fine and court costs :eek:arghh !!

what should i do should i contact central intake now? wait for further processing? will be now be denyed because of this? i really could do with some advice please guys :'(

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canadianwannabe said:
??? Partner said no convictions to worry about had been caught drunk and disorderly once but didnt think he had been even cautioned just sent home so we put in initial application stating no convictions and today certificates are back and partners states:

possesion of anphetamines 1998 caution :eek:, drunk in a public place 2001 fine :eek:, abusive behaviour 2001 fine and court costs :eek:arghh !!

what should i do should i contact central intake now? wait for further processing? will be now be denyed because of this? i really could do with some advice please guys :'(
You are going to have to change the application when you submit the full application to London. The one thing going for him is that the Amphetamines, are a Schedule III drug under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, where the maximum sentence is 3 years in Canada. So he could be considered "deemed rehabilitated" as 10 years have passed since the conviction (caution) Canada treats cautions as convictions. Be thankful that the cautions for D&D and abusive behaviour are not indictable offences, as then he could not be considered rehabilitation. When you submit your complete application, he will have to explain the convictions.

PMM