+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Really need help guys! No response from TRV application through GCkey, and TRV application through Portal got cancelled. What to do?

zzbreezy

Jul 27, 2022
Hey guys, I really need help here. I first submitted TRV application through GCkey on April 11, 2022, and still no response until now, not even review the eligibility yet.
I submitted a new TRV application through IRCC Portal on June 11, 2022, and they told me today that the new application got cancelled because the old one is in progress. Why it took them 47 days to tell me that?
I really don't know what to do now. Nothing happens with the GCkey application since over 3 months ago. Is there someone like me? What actions can I take to speed up the process?
Thank you guys in advance.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hey guys, I really need help here. I first submitted TRV application through GCkey on April 11, 2022, and still no response until now, not even review the eligibility yet.
I submitted a new TRV application through IRCC Portal on June 11, 2022, and they told me today that the new application got cancelled because the old one is in progress. Why it took them 47 days to tell me that?
I really don't know what to do now. Nothing happens with the GCkey application since over 3 months ago. Is there someone like me? What actions can I take to speed up the process?
Thank you guys in advance.
Which country are you applying from?

is this a visitor visa or do you have an approved SP ext or WP inside canada for which you are submitting this TRV ?

There is no way to speed up the process. All you can do is apply and wait

Check the processing time. If your application has not passed it then yeah duplicate applications will end up getting cancelled.

zzbreezy

Jul 27, 2022

is this a visitor visa or do you have an approved SP ext or WP inside canada for which you are submitting this TRV ?

Check the processing time. If your application has not passed it then yeah duplicate applications will end up getting cancelled.
Thank you for your kind answer. I applied from China and it's a visitor visa. I saw someone in the forum saying that he submitted a new application through a new channel and then got approved fast, so I tried myself, but didn't expected it being cancelled. It's been 107 days and it's so frustrating.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Thank you for your kind answer. I applied from China and it's a visitor visa. I saw someone in the forum saying that he submitted a new application through a new channel and then got approved fast, so I tried myself, but didn't expected it being cancelled. It's been 107 days and it's so frustrating.
The new portal used to be quick but not anymore

If you already have an application on GC key, a 2nd application on IRCC portal has given quick results to some peopel in the past but it is always a game of chance

zzbreezy

Jul 27, 2022
Check your avg processing time and see how long it is taking
The avg processing time is 41 days, and nothing happens with the application status. Will it help that I request to cancel my current application and then start a new one?

Reactions: Lear70

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
The avg processing time is 41 days, and nothing happens with the application status. Will it help that I request to cancel my current application and then start a new one?
No. Stick to the original application. You will get a decision. China’s zero-Covid travel restrictions could be complicating your application.

Lear70

Aug 10, 2022
following on this as I have also submitted using the new portal. Which is a big mistake reading through the peoples' comments here as they said GCkey is faster than the new one.

zzbreezy

Jul 27, 2022
following on this as I have also submitted using the new portal. Which is a big mistake reading through the peoples' comments here as they said GCkey is faster than the new one.
My original application using GCKey got refuesed, after more than 3 months. But I got my US B1/B2 visa approved during these time and I plan to submit another Canada visitor visa application. This time I will use GCKey, the new portal is just disappointing.

Reactions: Lear70

Sindhu Priya

Aug 17, 2022

My friend unexpectedly went to India as his father passed away. He is a student doing his second course started in May 2022. His study permit got extended until March 2023, but the visa didn't get stamped as he did not apply for TRV when he is in Canada. On August 8th he went to India. Now, in order to return to Canada to continue his second semester, he needs TRV and visa stamping. He applied for TRV on the 12th of this month from India. As per IRCC processing time, it shows 160 days to get TRV approved from outside Canada. Is there any other way to request IRCC to process his application faster, as he must attend the college as it is delivered offline. If you have any Idea about this issue, please help us to get out of this, as it would impact on his studies and PR too as per the new IRCC rule.

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
My friend unexpectedly went to India as his father passed away. He is a student doing his second course started in May 2022. His study permit got extended until March 2023, but the visa didn't get stamped as he did not apply for TRV when he is in Canada. On August 8th he went to India. Now, in order to return to Canada to continue his second semester, he needs TRV and visa stamping. He applied for TRV on the 12th of this month from India. As per IRCC processing time, it shows 160 days to get TRV approved from outside Canada. Is there any other way to request IRCC to process his application faster, as he must attend the college as it is delivered offline. If you have any Idea about this issue, please help us to get out of this, as it would impact on his studies and PR too as per the new IRCC rule.
He can try explaining his situation via a web form, apart from which there’s nothing he can do, but wait.

Lear70

Aug 10, 2022
My original application using GCKey got refuesed, after more than 3 months. But I got my US B1/B2 visa approved during these time and I plan to submit another Canada visitor visa application. This time I will use GCKey, the new portal is just disappointing.
I will give an update here

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
He can raise a webform and explain his situation. Unfortunately there is nothing else to do to expedite per se