+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

really need advice, pls help

Brish

Mar 9, 2007
Hi PMM,

I landed in canada on 3rd May 2005 then spent 40 days there and left.

Expiry date of my PR card is 17 May 2010.

If I were to come back to Canada on the 31st of July 2008, i'll only have 696 ( including the 40 days) days until 17 May 2010 to fulfill residency obligations. what do i do??

Another concern is that my PR card bears my maiden name since it was issued before I got married. My old passport expired and now, I've got a new passport which doesn't show any record of my landing in Canada.
Passport and PR card bear different surnames since I took my husband's name.

Can i I apply for a TRV to come to Canada? if i use the PR card, wont i face problems at the port of entry?

All of your advice/help would be much appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Brish said:
Hi PMM,

I landed in canada on 3rd May 2005 then spent 40 days there and left.

Expiry date of my PR card is 17 May 2010.

If I were to come back to Canada on the 31st of July 2008, i'll only have 696 ( including the 40 days) days until 17 May 2010 to fulfill residency obligations. what do i do??

Another concern is that my PR card bears my maiden name since it was issued before I got married. My old passport expired and now, I've got a new passport which doesn't show any record of my landing in Canada.
Passport and PR card bear different surnames since I took my husband's name.

Can i I apply for a TRV to come to Canada? if i use the PR card, wont i face problems at the port of entry?

All of your advice/help would be much appreciated.
1. When you arrive you will probably be reported as you are unable to fulfill your Permanent Residency Requirements and a removal order will be issued.
2. You will be allowed admission for 30 days to appeal the removal order (not a very high success rate)
3. If your passport and PRC have different names, it is quite possible that the airline may not board you.
4. Until you relinquish your PR status at an overseas office you will not be issued a TRV.

PMM