+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Real Torture and depressing

tintin

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
Any information or encouragement or glimmer hope to lift my spirit up!

Timeline:
Application submitted: July 9 2012
Started process: Feb 8 2013
RQ (expected): April 23 2013
Test: (Passed) June 13 2015 in Mississauga
Status In process

How long does it take to book us to see a citizenship judge???

When my husband contacted the MP of our area in February, he was told that CIC said he would see a judge. But, when he flew in in March and went through secondary check, the officer told him that he can see granted on his file. Who is correct?

Like I said, we expected to be RQed because my husband worked for about 21/2 in Qatar for a Canadian company that was trying to establish business in Middle East and Africa and he is claiming those days for his citizenship requirement. He works in the oil industry in Qatar now because it's useless getting a job in Alberta. But mind you, his days for citizenship requirements are already fulfilled.

Our own PR were renewed without any questions asked, but his took over a year. At the end of the day,he was given on compassionate ground because they know Canada is home for him.

On the day of our test, the interviewer seems to be OK with his own application, but surprisingly doubtful about mine. She said I might have been away all along. Off course, that is totally ridiculous as I have two kids in school and full report cards. I do the school runs myself and I am seen and known in my community. I am not scared to proof to them that I reside here fully. Ironically, I have not been able to get Qatar visa since 2013, so I have even traveled less in the last three years.

So, my question is, how long does it to book us to see a CJ?? It's becoming a torture as I am not able to plan a thing for summer. Unfortunately, my home country's passport is as useless as useless can get, so I need Visa to go anywhere.

Also, what if I separate my application and start over again. If I qualified in 2012, I am definitely more than qualified with the increased days and I suspect it would even be faster. My husband can't withdraw his own application because he won't qualify under the new rule. I am really confused on the way forward.

Thanks for the advice and help.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Re: Real Touture and depressing

Using ATIP, request the following document and you will know the truth.

Completed Form CIT 0065 (05-2015) B - Citizenship Application RECORD OF DECISION - s5(1)

Good luck

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015

tintin said:
Any information or encouragement or glimmer hope to lift my spirit up!

How long does it take to book us to see a citizenship judge???

Also, what if I separate my application and start over again. If I qualified in 2012, I am definitely more than qualified with the increased days and I suspect it would even be faster. My husband can't withdraw his own application because he won't qualify under the new rule. I am really confused on the way forward.

Thanks for the advice and help.
1. To See a citizenship judge @ scarborough it is 19 months after passing the test as per their statistics.
For Mississauga it is more 36 Months. This is based on an average of three years of 2012-2015 Mid June. I am not aware of other offices.

2. Considering there is no-mis declaration and you completed number of days as per old rule; I think the best option for you would be to send separate file request if you have passed the test.

3. As arambi adviced for you to know what decision is made for you; you can order ATIP.. As per my experience ATIP electronic records won't be of any use to you. You can order the PHYSICAL FILES SO YOU CAN MAKE OUT WHATS GOIN ON WITH YOUR FILE AND TAKE THE DECISION ACCORDINGLY.

4. There is no point in withdrawing your husband's application as any how he has not completed the number of days as per old or new rule. Hope he hasn't misdeclared the number of days he stayed.

BTW- HOW MANY DAYS LESS THAN 1095 DAYS HAS HE APPLIED? THE CREDIT HE IS SEEKING IS IT FOR THE NUMBER OF DAYS HE WORKED IN QATAR FOR CANADIAN CORPORATION. Hope the Canadian corporation is not owned by him. That will be negative again.

tintin

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007

Thanks for the reply. I just ordered the ATIP for the first time today, but unfortunately I requested for electronic files.
Can I do another request for physical file?
Also, is the 36months after the test OR 36months after application submission??

Re-my husband. His days are well over the 1095 days required. He was either in Qatar, working for the company or physically present here. What I mean by the fact that he won't qualify under the new rule is that he stopped working for the company at the end of 2012/early 2013. Since then,he stays only about 5months here. (It's a contract job).
Also, no, the company is not owned by him and it was in existence years before he came into the picture. In fact, its not along his engineering work.

On my part, I have heard conflicting report on my ability to claim the days I am with him as counting towards my citizenship. I have documents that says I can, but the interviewer said I can't. Why I am considering withdrawing (geez, after 4years!) is because if they want to make an issue with the days I am with him, I can just start afresh as I have not been out of the country for more than 4months in the 3 years.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015

unfortunately he does not meet either new or old rules. Working for a Canadian company oversea only works for PR renewal and not for citizenship. He has to work for a goverment agency in order to count the days abroad in his citizenship eligibility.

tintin

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
I must say that is news to me!
He worked for an immigration Law firm and the lawyer NEVER mentioned that those days will not count towards his citizenship days.
Even the lady that interviewed us did not have a problem with his days.

I honestly hope that you are wrong on this!
Phew, it would be devastating.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
tintin said:
I must say that is news to me!
He worked for an immigration Law firm and the lawyer NEVER mentioned that those days will not count towards his citizenship days.
Even the lady that interviewed us did not have a problem with his days.

I honestly hope that you are wrong on this!
Phew, it would be devastating.
Days spent outside Canada while working for a private Canadian company DO NOT count toward citizenship (they count toward maintaining PR only)

However, CJ can apply the Koo test which does not require strict physical presence of 1095 days.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015

tintin said:
Thanks for the reply. I just ordered the ATIP for the first time today, but unfortunately I requested for electronic files.
Can I do another request for physical file?
Also, is the 36months after the test OR 36months after application submission??

Re-my husband. His days are well over the 1095 days required. He was either in Qatar, working for the company or physically present here. What I mean by the fact that he won't qualify under the new rule is that he stopped working for the company at the end of 2012/early 2013. Since then,he stays only about 5months here. (It's a contract job).
Also, no, the company is not owned by him and it was in existence years before he came into the picture. In fact, its not along his engineering work.

On my part, I have heard conflicting report on my ability to claim the days I am with him as counting towards my citizenship. I have documents that says I can, but the interviewer said I can't. Why I am considering withdrawing (geez, after 4years!) is because if they want to make an issue with the days I am with him, I can just start afresh as I have not been out of the country for more than 4months in the 3 years.
Yes it is 36 months AFTER PASSING THE TEST FOR MISSISSAUGA. 19 MONTHS AFTER PASSING THE TEST FOR SCARBOROUGH.
AS per the statistics I received I from CIC, I gave you info. Neither I nor anyone I know on this forum work for CIC. It is upto you whether you believe it or not. Anyone who comes on this forum come with the intention to help genuinely or are frustrated to seek answer including me.

When you say your husband is well over 1095 days- IS IT BASIC RESIDENCE OR PHYSICAL RESIDENCE?
IN OTHER WORDS HOW MANY DAYS PHYSICAL RESIDENCE ONLY?

tintin

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
Thanks. I will wait for the ATIP and decide on my next line of action.
One question though, if I do withdraw my own application and start afresh, will I be required to write the test again? (Not that I mind writing again!).

Regards,

Rita80

May 30, 2015
DO the following:

Send a request for file separation and follow it up closely.

If refused, then let your husband withdraw his application and keep your application active with the same file number.

In parallel to the above, you must submit a second Citizenship application.

When anyone on this forum or outside gives you info, double check it over CIC website and over CIC call center, call many times to make sure of the info, same applies when taking opinion of lawyers.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
tintin said:
Thanks. I will wait for the ATIP and decide on my next line of action.
One question though, if I do withdraw my own application and start afresh, will I be required to write the test again? (Not that I mind writing again!).

Regards,
I hope you request for physical CD files with 5 dollars. That is worth. You can send another request if you requested one with only electronic notes- no harm.
Yes will have to write the test again. Have seen atleast 2 members who mentioned.
But the idea of sending another application given by rita08 seems to be viable as withdrawing again may put someone at risk of close scrutiny, non-routine delay etc. However parallel application is a good option if the present one is in litigation. There are some guidelines for dealing with parallel application in the cic website- you may google and see.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rita80 said:
DO the following:

Send a request for file separation and follow it up closely.

If refused, then let your husband withdraw his application and keep your application active with the same file number.

In parallel to the above, you must submit a second Citizenship application.

When anyone on this forum or outside gives you info, double check it over CIC website and over CIC call center, call many times to make sure of the info, same applies when taking opinion of lawyers.
Rita80, I am wondering if there is an update on your situation. Have you decided on the plan of action?

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exports said:
I hope you request for physical CD files with 5 dollars. That is worth. You can send another request if you requested one with only electronic notes- no harm.
Yes will have to write the test again. Have seen atleast 2 members who mentioned.
But the idea of sending another application given by rita08 seems to be viable as withdrawing again may put someone at risk of close scrutiny, non-routine delay etc. However parallel application is a good option if the present one is in litigation. There are some guidelines for dealing with parallel application in the cic website- you may google and see.
Does 5$ option produce better physical files report rather than 0$ option under privacy act? I reckon they both produce the same result though.

have you tried to submit a second parallel application yourself? how did that work out, have they accept it? Cheers.

tintin

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
Thanks for the enlightenment.
I have never heard of parallel application.
I will look into it today.

Regards,

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
HighFive said:
Does 5$ option produce better physical files report rather than 0$ option under privacy act? I reckon they both produce the same result though.

have you tried to submit a second parallel application yourself? how did that work out, have they accept it? Cheers.
No I haven't done another application yet. For parallel application there are various ifs and then conditions attached- which and how it will be processed and under which circumstances; if under litigation; there are atleat 3-4 different outcomes based on the circumstances; so not sure.
The first ATIP in Aug '15 which I had received earlier is the physical files which was useful as compared with the electronic ones which I got later on. Based on this I say.